+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Are PvE players ruining PvP?

Default Are PvE players ruining PvP?

Im pretty sure PvPers have been running this show alone since release with no help from devs or PvE players alike.. The only contribution PvE players have made was half assed playing in an attempt to farm favor for BiS trinkets and such for raids with the exception of those few who play for fun.

Now that Conquest is alive and well its is a exact testament to what contributions PvE guys are willing to make. I personally blame the majority extreme faction imbalance on PvE players who Q on timer pop or Dom to afk and gain conquest power while creating threads about why they cant get into NF and crying about not getting heals in WFs.

Players like this get no punishment, and in mass groups can completely demolish the set moral in any given faction besides maybe NF.

If you tried half as hard as you cried conquest might actually be faction balanced.

Also point some blame on Trions part for expecting these scrubs to actually contribute by forcing them to Que for items "in good faith" that they would actually participate.
    Last edited by Keota; 01-08-2013 at 10:18 PM.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

This thread can only end well.
    Valliac - Eth - Rogue
    Brongor - Dwarf - Warrior
    Sevisa - Kelari - Cleric

Ya. **** those Pve'rs, they don't know ****.

i wanna have your mochachino babies.

Well said. Glad someone finally said it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

/invites Gusbramble to talk in a dark alley.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

ahh thanks for reminding me i need to get into a wf so i can be relied on to heal then bail halfway thou for my pug expert
    who took my names!

Can you imagine the que if us "PVERS" didn't pvp?

In conquest autoflagging should be removed, is a more ” realistic” conquest regarding how hard is to find a pvp fight in open world

Quote Originally Posted by mistacrowley420 View Post
    Ya. **** those Pve'rs, they don't know ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hosss View Post
    Ladys and gentleman.

the only 2 noteworthy PVE players that participate.

and honestly I would rather wait 20 mins for a conquest q then instant join a match littered with non participants and afk conquest power chat hero's.

so yeah I can imagine it and it doesn't bother me at all.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Yeah, but can you imagine the quality of play.

I would trade longer queues for games to remember versus the short queue mind numbing fodder grinds?

Also, have seen our arena thread? The people here were already actively looking for ways to exclude random fodder from their groups.
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    Ladys and gentleman.

the only 2 noteworthy PVE players that participate.

and honestly I would rather wait 20 mins for a conquest q then instant join a match littered with non participants and afk conquest power chat hero's.

pretty much.

The PvErs who sit in spawn all CQ and boast about it aren't doing anything for the game. All it does is reinforce the meme Trion doesn't care about PvP.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post

This would actually, just maybe, make me start doing conquest again. The whole farm fest isnt my style but competitive PvP would be nice. If everyone was pulling their weight and not fishing, watching TV or whatever else they do other than taking part it might just be fun.

I think its harsh to say its entirely down to PvE-ers only - I know of several players who do nothing but PvP who do exactly the same thing and cheese through CQ.

One of the biggest problem causers for me - the people who yell in world/guild chats when the CQ timer starts. I'd love it for Trion to block access to all chat channels other than raid and area while in conquest.... Or block entering once the timer starts.... Or anything else to stop it being so easy to get rewards for nothing.

You and Wreck are what I would term hybrid players, much as I was a hybrid player when Deepstrike world PvP was full of guilds dodging Black Flag and we started raiding in HK.

The pejorative designation of "PvE players" refers to people with an almost uniform devotion to slaying pixelated dragons, to the point that they either lack ability or interest in PvP but still partake in it because it helps them get bigger numbers on their purple doll. Often people that cry non-stop because they don't know what they're doing or just aren't very good, and often people that flock to the zergball (SPAM QUEUED NIGHTFALL GUYZ) and/or afk in spawns in Conquest.

It might be a little bit of a misnomer, but hey, this is a game where people use the term "pug" to refer to an inexperienced, sloppy, or disorganized player, whereas the originator of the acronym/term -- pick-up groups -- referred to anything but.

So dealwithit.gif
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-09-2013 at 04:56 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

last night got kicked from the main dom raid (yes, we actually did good!) becouse i supposedly said awefull things about dragon slayers.
    teamed up with a warrior, later another mage tagged along and we traveled around, was the best CQ i ever had. i still think CQ is a mess, but its mainly what you make of it.

when i die however, and i see all the people afking at spawn (and i am in a raid) i votekick them. not sure if you know, but if you're not in a raid, there is an afk timer. <-- protip.

as for dragon slayers ruining pvp, hmm, somewhat. whitefall at the moment is terrible, all those whiny lillte *****es saying, i wants the title im so bad omg cant get the title, lets try to solo the zerg to get the title! but whatever, thats only temporary.

there are also some players who do end-game raiding while also doing great in pvp, i dont mind those people^^
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast