+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Magnesium
  • 5 Post By Mire
  • 1 Post By Antigonos

Thread: Trion please remove PVE currency for PVP gear.

Soulwalker

Default Trion please remove PVE currency for PVP gear.

I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.

can we add cq marks to raid gear? wouldn't that be great, everyone loves cq

Can we just buy more things with favor?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.
    Hey just think; When you DO finally PvE enough to get your max rank pvp suit, you'll have like +9 to all your stats compared to the Mercenary gear. Those PvEers dont want you to have good stats from pvping. But they're ok with requiring PvE for it apparently....
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    This is an epic idea lmfao.... seriously do it... right meow!
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

To be absolutely fair, it doesn't take all that long to get the 240 stones you need for the set of 6 basic pvp essences. Just go tag an event whenever you happen to notice it. The higher level ones give 10, lower level ones gives 5 ea. Some specific ones gives even more, with Volan awarding 30 total if you blow up the tail and tag every part of him.

Yes, its still PvE, but the actual time investment in getting them is pretty minimal.

... and I'm sure you can get the 160 stones for the purple CQ lessers far quicker than you can scare up the 2.1k CQ marks you need for each one.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 01-09-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Ascendant

just play the whole game... never understood how people could even buy rift for ONLY pvping actually ...

you get 100 stones a day easily...

Don't you do zone events on PvP servers? I thought that was a great opportunity to get some open world PvP. Tag a few mobs/rifts while you do (make sure to log the weekly quests as well), and you should gain some IS. I'm on a PvE server, so not sure how it works for you, so sorry if I'm totally lost here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    Or add an item you could by for cq marks, that is so good that you want it for PvE as well...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Don't you do zone events on PvP servers? I thought that was a great opportunity to get some open world PvP. Tag a few mobs/rifts while you do (make sure to log the weekly quests as well), and you should gain some IS. I'm on a PvE server, so not sure how it works for you, so sorry if I'm totally lost here.

openpvp on pvp servers is all about ganking (ratio 5:1 or better before an attack happens) not about pvp ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-09-2013 at 03:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    To be absolutely fair, it doesn't take all that long to get the 240 stones you need for the set of 6 basic pvp essences. Just go tag an event whenever you happen to notice it. The higher level ones give 10, lower level ones gives 5 ea. Some specific ones gives even more, with Volan awarding 30 total if you blow up the tail and tag every part of him.
    I've got one synergy crystal, two essences, and I'm sitting on 75 IS atm working on a second synergy crystal.

If your play time is pretty limited, it's "pretty hard" to get all the IS you need for essences, synergy crystals, and (eventually) the second tier of synergy crystals. I had someone tell me it was easy to pick up 100 IS "in a day" -- apparently I don't clock enough hours playing Rift in a day to do it "easily".

I've been fortunate enough to see Fortress Defence proc more often than not while I'm online, but that takes a big chunk out of my "PvP funtime" since I can't just pop in and tag a boss (since it's multi-stage). ;)
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-09-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    openpvp on pvp servers is all about ganking (ratio 5:1 or better before an attack happens) not about pvp ...
    what is NF join button?

pvp guilds can ease your grief, or leveling with friends, just make sure that your rl friend does like this playstyle and is not frustrated leveling there

as a side note, pvp on pve shards can get you 5 kills, in aoe spell, in boss encounters, if there are 5 pvp flagged players of opposite faction :P

I agree its kinda dumb to use PVE currency for PVP gear. But why would anyone need to do IA's for IS? Zone events are broadcast. You can track their progress on the map. You know, the M key, something that any aware conquest player should be familiar with. And you run to said event, or get banner from guild, Tag boss, and collect 10+ infinity stones. Repeat process. Takes 3 min, if even that. You will probably want the 3 notoriety runes so will be running quests and IA's for that, if you are a minmax pvper.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread