+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Magnesium
  • 5 Post By Mire
  • 1 Post By Antigonos

Thread: Trion please remove PVE currency for PVP gear.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    11

    Default Trion please remove PVE currency for PVP gear.

    I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    can we add cq marks to raid gear? wouldn't that be great, everyone loves cq

  3. #3
    Champion Marnos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    598

    Default

    Can we just buy more things with favor?

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.
    Hey just think; When you DO finally PvE enough to get your max rank pvp suit, you'll have like +9 to all your stats compared to the Mercenary gear. Those PvEers dont want you to have good stats from pvping. But they're ok with requiring PvE for it apparently....
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple 1Benevolent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    can we add cq marks to raid gear? wouldn't that be great, everyone loves cq
    This is an epic idea lmfao.... seriously do it... right meow!
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

  6. #6
    Ascendant MoonfireSpam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    4,730

    Default

    To be absolutely fair, it doesn't take all that long to get the 240 stones you need for the set of 6 basic pvp essences. Just go tag an event whenever you happen to notice it. The higher level ones give 10, lower level ones gives 5 ea. Some specific ones gives even more, with Volan awarding 30 total if you blow up the tail and tag every part of him.

    Yes, its still PvE, but the actual time investment in getting them is pretty minimal.

    ... and I'm sure you can get the 160 stones for the purple CQ lessers far quicker than you can scare up the 2.1k CQ marks you need for each one.
    Last edited by MoonfireSpam; 01-09-2013 at 02:34 AM.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.
    just play the whole game... never understood how people could even buy rift for ONLY pvping actually ...

    you get 100 stones a day easily...

  8. #8
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magnesium View Post
    I do not understand why infinity stones are required to buy PvP gear. How does participating in one man instant adventures promote PVP? Kill this NPC 10 times, dance like a moron 10 times for the Fae Yule event. Yeah that is how I want to spend my time. :/ Carnage quests are the same thing over and over again. Conquest is a joke. Nightfall just hordes the planar mobs/idols leaving Oath and Dom with maybe one or two infinity stones. Rift hunting.. Again mindless questing and very little variety. I am sitting on 300k favor and a complete mercenary set, minus the essences, trying to make my way to prestige rank 60. But again I am seeing the next tier of PVP gear has a requirement of 160 stones a piece. What a joke. It is very frustrating. I join a PVP server to participate PVP events, Warfronts, and I guess Conquest. But I feel like PVP players are being punished for being PVP players.
    Don't you do zone events on PvP servers? I thought that was a great opportunity to get some open world PvP. Tag a few mobs/rifts while you do (make sure to log the weekly quests as well), and you should gain some IS. I'm on a PvE server, so not sure how it works for you, so sorry if I'm totally lost here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    can we add cq marks to raid gear? wouldn't that be great, everyone loves cq
    Or add an item you could by for cq marks, that is so good that you want it for PvE as well...

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Don't you do zone events on PvP servers? I thought that was a great opportunity to get some open world PvP. Tag a few mobs/rifts while you do (make sure to log the weekly quests as well), and you should gain some IS. I'm on a PvE server, so not sure how it works for you, so sorry if I'm totally lost here.

    openpvp on pvp servers is all about ganking (ratio 5:1 or better before an attack happens) not about pvp ...
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-09-2013 at 03:49 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    To be absolutely fair, it doesn't take all that long to get the 240 stones you need for the set of 6 basic pvp essences. Just go tag an event whenever you happen to notice it. The higher level ones give 10, lower level ones gives 5 ea. Some specific ones gives even more, with Volan awarding 30 total if you blow up the tail and tag every part of him.
    I've got one synergy crystal, two essences, and I'm sitting on 75 IS atm working on a second synergy crystal.

    If your play time is pretty limited, it's "pretty hard" to get all the IS you need for essences, synergy crystals, and (eventually) the second tier of synergy crystals. I had someone tell me it was easy to pick up 100 IS "in a day" -- apparently I don't clock enough hours playing Rift in a day to do it "easily".

    I've been fortunate enough to see Fortress Defence proc more often than not while I'm online, but that takes a big chunk out of my "PvP funtime" since I can't just pop in and tag a boss (since it's multi-stage). ;)
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-09-2013 at 04:38 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  11. #11
    Prophet of Telara Dee Dee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    openpvp on pvp servers is all about ganking (ratio 5:1 or better before an attack happens) not about pvp ...
    what is NF join button?

    pvp guilds can ease your grief, or leveling with friends, just make sure that your rl friend does like this playstyle and is not frustrated leveling there

    as a side note, pvp on pve shards can get you 5 kills, in aoe spell, in boss encounters, if there are 5 pvp flagged players of opposite faction :P

  12. #12
    Ascendant Hodor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,830

    Default

    I agree its kinda dumb to use PVE currency for PVP gear. But why would anyone need to do IA's for IS? Zone events are broadcast. You can track their progress on the map. You know, the M key, something that any aware conquest player should be familiar with. And you run to said event, or get banner from guild, Tag boss, and collect 10+ infinity stones. Repeat process. Takes 3 min, if even that. You will probably want the 3 notoriety runes so will be running quests and IA's for that, if you are a minmax pvper.
    Last edited by Hodor; 01-09-2013 at 08:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts