+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Valnak

Thread: Brokefiler and Broketician PvP Guides - Now on DYER!

Default Brokefiler and Broketician PvP Guides - Now on DYER!

The subforum where these guides are is here: http://forums.doyouevenrift.com/view...b61b30222b3501

Make sure you make a forum account to discuss it there, or to just call me bad. Either one is fine.
    Last edited by Valnak; 01-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Very informative guides.

I think it's safe to say that not very many people use these builds. Most of the Clerics/Rogues who target me are using Inq, MM, and NB skills. I'll see the rare Shaman or Assassin, and maybe get hit with Disintegrate once a week, but not often... yet.
    Eshlon@Greybriar

Soulwalker

Default Death Bringer Spec

So I made up my own spec I call the Death Bringer spec. 40 Defiler/36 Cabalist/0 Justicar . I have not tested it out yet in PvP but once servers are live after this Hot fix I will.
    The basic idea of this spec is rather simple. DAMAGE! I am being a selfish jerk here and am not using any support abilities at all for the sake of curiosity on damage output and solo survivability. Yes this means I do not use any of my links. Sad I know. (I might use Link of Distress to ensure my Rage Blight stays up, but since I do not have Husk of Indifference or Scarred heart I am a bit leery of doing any more than this link). If my health drops below 90% I lose my 10% dmg boost from Peak of Form which is rather very easy to keep above 90% with all the self heals passive and reactive unless i get Focused Fired. Only one way to find out...

Anyhow the rotation I'm considering for PvP purposes would be:
    1.) {MH>Siphon Vit>Bond of Torment> Bond of Corruption> Bond of Pain}
    once I have all these off I will cast:
    2.)Curse of Solitude for AoE or Curse of Discord for ST
    spam my ST/AoE macro with Obliterate ON for ST or OFF for AoE:
    3.)Disintegration> Tyranny of Death> Bound Fate

MH is first to get the Tenebrious Distortion debuff which increases my non-phys dmg on target by 5% for 30 sec. I would generally reapply this when my Disintegration is on CD and I'm basically just spamming Tyranny of Death and Bound Fate. Also be sure to re-apply Siphon Vitality and bonds ASAP.
    *karuulalert add-on is awesome to keep track of these DoTs*
    **Note: I do not use Somatic Desecration or Shadow's Touch since these both require a cast time and are an overall dps loss.
    ***Bound fate gets a boosted 40% effect from SP vs the 10% from shadow's touch plus Bound Fate is Instant cast and can be modified to do AoE or ST with Obliterate toggled on/off.

Default You may like this spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonanzas View Post
    So I made up my own spec I call the Death Bringer spec. 40 Defiler/36 Cabalist/0 Justicar . I have not tested it out yet in PvP but once servers are live after this Hot fix I will.
    The basic idea of this spec is rather simple. DAMAGE! I am being a selfish jerk here and am not using any support abilities at all for the sake of curiosity on damage output and solo survivability. Yes this means I do not use any of my links. Sad I know. (I might use Link of Distress to ensure my Rage Blight stays up, but since I do not have Husk of Indifference or Scarred heart I am a bit leery of doing any more than this link). If my health drops below 90% I lose my 10% dmg boost from Peak of Form which is rather very easy to keep above 90% with all the self heals passive and reactive unless i get Focused Fired. Only one way to find out...

MH is first to get the Tenebrious Distortion debuff which increases my non-phys dmg on target by 5% for 30 sec. I would generally reapply this when my Disintegration is on CD and I'm basically just spamming Tyranny of Death and Bound Fate. Also be sure to re-apply Siphon Vitality and bonds ASAP.
    **Note: I do not use Somatic Desecration or Shadow's Touch since these both require a cast time and are an overall dps loss.
    ***Bound fate gets a boosted 40% effect from SP vs the 10% from shadow's touch plus Bound Fate is Instant cast and can be modified to do AoE or ST with Obliterate toggled on/off.
    I worked with this spec about three weeks ago myself. My observations were that relying on the relatively weak damage mechanics of cabalist, and losing the survivability of the deep defiler coupled with tertiary healing trees, and without any meaningful CC, and only one movement ability, you will not like the outcome. PvP is an exercise in extremes right now, and if you dont do one thing well enough to offset your inability to do the other, you will get rolled.

Caveat: this may be a decent dueling setup.

Or maybe Im just bad
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Quote Originally Posted by Bonanzas View Post

Click my link for a guide on this spec.

+ Reply to Thread