+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Are PVPers ruining PVP?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default Are PVPers ruining PVP?

    Hey, just making this thread to hear from some of you folks who like me might not normally post on these things. I'm usually top damage and in top 3 for kills, with objectives for warfronts as well as healer protection. I try to be where other players want me to be, but have noticed in PUGS that guild mates and folks who know each other will run in packs, and pretty much disregard the players like myself no matter how well we do or how much we contribute. (Specifically meaning the absence of heals even out of combat from healers pocket healing their buddies)

    My current guild is PVE focused unfortunately, but they are so mature and friendly that I couldn't imagine leaving. Is it that necessary to be in a PVP guild?

    Just looking for more social aspects to the game, and hoping to help in growing more focus in the PVP area. A few have suggested I try Guild Wars 2 and keep Rift for the PVE. Any thoughts?

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    I don't really know what answer you're looking for, but I think the answer to nearly all of those questions is "no".
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,230

    Default

    if you want heals in a warfront, you need to bring your own.

    otherwise, play like you dont expect heals, even when you have healers on your team.
    if you get some heals, great. if not...well, thats pug pvp.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    I dont see how any of those statements you typed out go with each other in any logical order or have anything to do with the topic.

    I'm usually top damage and in top 3 for kills, with objectives for warfronts as well as healer protection.
    So while you run flags and protect damsals in distress, you also find a way to top damage and kbs. Impressive. In library i assume. As i read the your stalwart feats., i assumed you were building up to a point.

    I try to be where other players want me to be, but have noticed in PUGS that guild mates and folks who know each other will run in packs
    Just as all guild mates and friends will help each other out. Still havent come to across how your title comes into play.



    and pretty much disregard the players like myself no matter how well we do or how much we contribute. (Specifically meaning the absence of heals even out of combat from healers pocket healing their buddies)
    Assumption that every healer is a pocket healer, which is not the case. A healer in general will focus on those doing well. And judging by your intro, you would all into that category. Now if you are consistently put in situations to constantly meat up in premades or semi premades (which arent really pugs, in fact, in such a scenario, you are the pugger, not them) then you should probably play the lotto, because there arent a lot of premades as whole.

    And even then, ive been in plenty of semi premades and premades as a pugger and received sufficient healing to do extremely well in a glass cannon melee build. With known pocket healers who will forgo their usual targets when it comes to winning a game (or in the case of most prominent, embarrass the opponents into not coming down from the ledge)

    Now, if you are constantly finding yourself not receiving heals, then your intro is off. Because experiences says otherwise.

    My current guild is PVE focused unfortunately, but they are so mature and friendly that I couldn't imagine leaving. Is it that necessary to be in a PVP guild?
    The very same way you came to this forum to complain about the lack of healers and premades, is the same way you could have made a post looking for a premade to group up with, without having to leave guild. Especially for someoen who does top 3 damage, top kbs, top objectives and constantly protect healers.


    As to your title, are pvpers ruining pvp? yes, many who wildly exaggerate things on both ends of the spectrum and those who refuse to face realities, do ruin pvp.
    Last edited by Eughe; 01-08-2013 at 07:27 PM.

  5. #5
    General of Telara littlepoit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    965

    Default

    rift has always been extremely protective of pugs when it comes to PvP. it's built in a way to avoid pug vs premade which gives you an opportunity to shine whatever your playstyle is. in that aspect a PvP guild is absolutely not required.

    your statement regarding healing is neither true or false there is no absolute : most premade healers play smartly and will actually heal outside of their group if it makes sense to do so.some healbots are terrible and will absolutely stick to one target healing cause they don't know how to do anything else...... the same can be said about pug healers ... some will do an amzing job while others are just wasted team slots.

    if you don't want to depend on random healing find yourself a healer buddy and join WF together, you don't really need a guild for that. still i don't feel that it is required to enjoy WFs, there are some really talented pug healers out there who will do what you expect of them as long as you play well yourself...

    aside from the healing question, it's nice to join a pvp guild, premades vs premades is the s...

    disclaimer : running a perma healbot can be detrimental to your skill and artificially give you the impression that you are a boss. it may also cause hair loss and impotence.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-08-2013 at 08:32 PM.

  6. #6
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I dont see how any of those statements you typed out go with each other in any logical order or have anything to do with the topic.



    So while you run flags and protect damsals in distress, you also find a way to top damage and kbs. Impressive. In library i assume. As i read the your stalwart feats., i assumed you were building up to a point.



    Just as all guild mates and friends will help each other out. Still havent come to across how your title comes into play.





    Assumption that every healer is a pocket healer, which is not the case. A healer in general will focus on those doing well. And judging by your intro, you would all into that category. Now if you are consistently put in situations to constantly meat up in premades or semi premades (which arent really pugs, in fact, in such a scenario, you are the pugger, not them) then you should probably play the lotto, because there arent a lot of premades as whole.

    And even then, ive been in plenty of semi premades and premades as a pugger and received sufficient healing to do extremely well in a glass cannon melee build. With known pocket healers who will forgo their usual targets when it comes to winning a game (or in the case of most prominent, embarrass the opponents into not coming down from the ledge)

    Now, if you are constantly finding yourself not receiving heals, then your intro is off. Because experiences says otherwise.



    The very same way you came to this forum to complain about the lack of healers and premades, is the same way you could have made a post looking for a premade to group up with, without having to leave guild. Especially for someoen who does top 3 damage, top kbs, top objectives and constantly protect healers.


    As to your title, are pvpers ruining pvp? yes, many who wildly exaggerate things on both ends of the spectrum and those who refuse to face realities, do ruin pvp.

    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    I think pocket healers are one of the smaller problems Rift PvP currently has.

    On a serious note, I haven't seen this happen more than a very few times.
    And even if it happens, who cares. They could just as well be a bad pewpew DPS and not heal or do any significant damage. This way at least they make one already decent DPS even better and enemy skulls are cracked by the dozen.
    Most enemies will see them as the biggest threat and try to take them out (especially if they are known names...bragging rights etc.), which makes my substandard anonymous pewpewing life easier.
    "Look! There! Celebrities!"

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.
    Arrogant coming from someone who started right off talking about how pro he is and then QQing because someone wont hold his hand? As if.

    We have enough egos here, you wont be missed.
    Last edited by Eughe; 01-08-2013 at 08:59 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you want heals in a warfront, you need to bring your own.

    otherwise, play like you dont expect heals, even when you have healers on your team.
    if you get some heals, great. if not...well, thats pug pvp.
    Good gravy Kronos, your bringing rationality and reason to PvP, are you trying to confuse us???

    I have no idea why people think anyone should help/heal them. This is the internet, we are talking about a game, and the OVERWHELMING majority of players are here to do nothing other than enjoy their game for themselves. That means nobody cares about one more annonymous player riding the group to success...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Bliter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.
    You do realize you said you were uber and people should recognize it right? AND then play their game around you...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.
    "Hi, I'm going to come onto the PvP board, and make up a story so I can talk [expletive] about PvP players, and then I'm going to come back and act offended when someone calls me on my fabrication."

    I see what you did there.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

  12. #12
    Ascendant Pork Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.
    http://i3.ytimg.com/vi/jG2KMkQLZmI/hqdefault.jpg

  13. #13
    Ascendant Hartzekar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Ok, you are the point I am making. People like you ruin PVP in Rift. You're rude, obnoxious, and arrogant over something where arrogance isn't applicable. It's a game. Sorry i was good at it. Very bad pvp community, and that's why Trion is catering to the PVE side of things. You pvpers in Rift are ridiculous. Cya.
    He did nothing to you. All he did was point out that there is no way you protect healers, top objectives, and top KBs without receiving heals because all of your team's healers are in premades.

    To your OP, I severely doubt you run into premades on your team consistently. Even if I queue up with my friends as a healer, I still heal others. If I don't, then that makes me bad. One other observation as well, you say that people who pocket heal their buddies are ruining PvP because they won't pocket heal you?

    Take a chill pill.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

  14. #14
    Ascendant Oblivion333's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    1,616

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusbramble View Post
    Hey, just making this thread to hear from some of you folks who like me might not normally post on these things. I'm usually top damage and in top 3 for kills, with objectives for warfronts as well as healer protection. I try to be where other players want me to be, but have noticed in PUGS that guild mates and folks who know each other will run in packs, and pretty much disregard the players like myself no matter how well we do or how much we contribute. (Specifically meaning the absence of heals even out of combat from healers pocket healing their buddies)

    My current guild is PVE focused unfortunately, but they are so mature and friendly that I couldn't imagine leaving. Is it that necessary to be in a PVP guild?

    Just looking for more social aspects to the game, and hoping to help in growing more focus in the PVP area. A few have suggested I try Guild Wars 2 and keep Rift for the PVE. Any thoughts?
    1. Friends or guild mates who run in packs usually duo que or run a premade. There will be times that if you do que a WF solo, you will sometimes be packed added to the premade que team.

    2. In any pug whether it is a PvP or PvE raid/group, you will have to work together as a team but sometimes it fails because of other factors such as the opposing team has a better team makeup, teammates are inexperience/lack of gear, etc.

    3. Pocket healing doesn't necessary mean they are just healing their buddies, it is more like they get 1st priority in heals.

    4. Every guild has their culture and to try to bring a standard to where PvP has to be a utopian place where we all "kumbaya" is never going to happen. It's a battlefield where one will do whatever it takes to win. Unfortunately, it does involve trolling, game rage, afkers, and the list goes on.

    5. Social aspect? There's tons of social aspects in Rift. I'm constantly in IM hell chatting with my friends for all servers. As far as growing more focus to PvP, I hate to say this but that's Trion's responsibility. All we can do as customers is play the game and try to have fun.

    Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    * Cross-Shard Group Invites! You can now invite characters from other shards on your Wargroup to join your group. You can then queue for Warfronts, Dungeons, and Conquest, or enter Dungeons and Raids with them! Note: You cannot join Instant Adventure with a cross-shard group.

    js. Make friends, queue with friends.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts