+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Genovah
  • 1 Post By Firebl@de

Thread: An idea for populating PvP servers

Default An idea for populating PvP servers

Perhaps if there was a bonus to players on a PvP server that PvE server's do not and will not have more players would flock to PvP server

My theory is that people who only do warfronts can do that on any server they wish so they choose pve server rather than a pvp server

What if we were to add a bonus to players just for being on a pvp server, im not talking about just world pvp bonuses, but also bonuses in warfronts, maybe items that are only accessible on a pvp server IDK.. just a thought

We need to find some way to create a desire for players to be on a pvp server, even if they only do warfronts!

What does everybody think?

Ascendant

Open world PvP faction and open world daily quests only available on PvP shards with faction gear that has slightly superior stats. None of that open world daily on PvE servers where people aren't PvP flagged bs.

Trion forever ****ed the PvP servers with their 'can't we all just be friends, let's slay some dragons together' attitude.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Rift Chaser

Institute arena, only make it available from a pvp server.
    Marduke

I vote that trion increase the amount of freelancer marks and warlord marks and even conquest marks that player recieve by being on a pvp server.. cmon benefit the players somehow unless you don't care if they quit

While I don't know what, I've said this for a long time. I reference the concept to when I played Eq2. There was pretty leet PvP stuff that you could only obtain and use on a pvp server. Pretty sure it stayed that way even when Battlegrounds came in. But...then again the best pvp gear was worn the guild first in WW raiding competition. Be best at PvE and smash everyone in PvP. That was a great game.

They patched that up after 7 years though (stat separation - pvp crit, pvp crit bonus, pvp base damage). Hey, they got to it eventually. People think Trion is bad~ You could have SoE!
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-07-2013 at 03:33 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

People on PvP shards should have some kind of benefit in PvP. Currently the advantages are on PvE shards. ie conquest queue priority for certain pve shards and the relative ease of acquiring the necessary pve currency (wtf), but admittedly they are mainly community based advantages

Plane Touched

Should just make all shards PvP. It might be tough for some at first, but as a result they will become much better players. They will thank Trion later.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Should just make all shards PvP. It might be tough for some at first, but as a result they will become much better players. They will thank Trion later.
    The reason PvP servers are dead are because the players became educated, not the other way around.

I'm not saying PvP servers are garbage, well I am saying that, but it's because of the people who play on them.
    Last edited by Aeonblade; 01-08-2013 at 11:57 AM.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Genovah View Post
    Perhaps if there was a bonus to players on a PvP server that PvE server's do not and will not have more players would flock to PvP server

My theory is that people who only do warfronts can do that on any server they wish so they choose pve server rather than a pvp server

What if we were to add a bonus to players just for being on a pvp server, im not talking about just world pvp bonuses, but also bonuses in warfronts, maybe items that are only accessible on a pvp server IDK.. just a thought

We need to find some way to create a desire for players to be on a pvp server, even if they only do warfronts!

What does everybody think?
    While the idea of a special bonus when being on a pvp server is great, having a PVP server full of people that just want their warfront bonus and sit in TB all day is not going to help institute WPVP. Maybe the bonus should be extra freelancer/warlord mark for X amount of kills in open world / pvp rifts (only on a pvp shard) closed. Also, another idea is to provide 100 CQ marks for every X kills in wpvp AND extra CQ marks when doing ashora / steppes events (events on pvp servers always end up with pvp).

I don't think people on pvp servers should get a bonus when they are doing warfronts (as this content is accessible from pve servers too)

Another idea to help correct the bonus that only people on pve shards have (of being able to que cross faction) is to allow people on pvp servers to group with anyone, but chose between 3 designated factions to represent (like in CQ) before they port out of the city (you have to choose one when you click on the port). That way defiants and guards can still group together, create guilds together and que for wfs together like pve shards, but have the ability to do wpvp in a group v group / raid v raid / or guild v guild manner.

Crayzee / Vampyre

You seem to think that world pvp is still a thing. Why would I want to do more than my dailies that stack to 7, and a weekly once a week?

Once you have max rep and rank and etc, there is no reason to even go out into the open world to "pvp"

RIP Brocliff

Rift Disciple

Default I love u ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Firebl@de View Post
    While the idea of a special bonus when being on a pvp server is great, having a PVP server full of people that just want their warfront bonus and sit in TB all day is not going to help institute WPVP. Maybe the bonus should be extra freelancer/warlord mark for X amount of kills in open world / pvp rifts (only on a pvp shard) closed. Also, another idea is to provide 100 CQ marks for every X kills in wpvp AND extra CQ marks when doing ashora / steppes events (events on pvp servers always end up with pvp).

I don't think people on pvp servers should get a bonus when they are doing warfronts (as this content is accessible from pve servers too)

Another idea to help correct the bonus that only people on pve shards have (of being able to que cross faction) is to allow people on pvp servers to group with anyone, but chose between 3 designated factions to represent (like in CQ) before they port out of the city (you have to choose one when you click on the port). That way defiants and guards can still group together, create guilds together and que for wfs together like pve shards, but have the ability to do wpvp in a group v group / raid v raid / or guild v guild manner.

Crayzee / Vampyre
    U are taste Goood

because u are so easy^^
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

One of EQ2's stupid idea's that might actually work in Rift was PvP writs.
    Think quest, but the quest was/is to kill x amount of players.
    EQ2 just went a step too far and also specified the class. I can't remember if they were guild quests now tbh, maybe they were.

Also, killing players on the PvP servers dropped the currency to buy PvP gear. Why shouldn't that happen in Rift?

I don't think players should be able to communicate cross faction on PvP servers. It just sort of goes against everything PvP. They can wave to each other in wf's and CQ.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Sword of Telara

the only way people are going fill up a pvp server again is if that they made new dailies for killing x amount of players and did something else with the pvp rifts while changing the rewards for both. new crafting recipes, runes, etc. although im sure people would still cheat and exchange kills with one another anyways so it really doesnt matter. the pvp community was killed by the players and the lack of a purpose. especially now when you need pve currency to buy pvp gear.

Shadowlander

the idea is nice but it would not work.
    why should pvp servers receive a special bonus vs a pve server?
    both servers get beneficial bonus not only from CQ but for winning PVP raid rifts.
    both server can have open world pvp
    both server can form raid groups and raid not only content but other factions cities.
    both server can que for CQ at the same time when is ready. pve server do not get the CQ ready check before pvp servers that is just absurd.
    both server can get merc to ensure the WF have the same ammount of people.
    both server have the same loot table
    both server can random que for dungeon with mix factions.

so what is the difference?

none.

so why would a pvp server receive a special award for being a pvp server?
    the moment you are flag you know what you are asking for.
    the moment you enter a pvp server you know what to expect.

dont enter a pvp server if you want to feel commemorated for a valiant act because is not.

at the end both pvp servers and pve server are equal only difference,

you choose to be in one.

+ Reply to Thread