+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Santa Claws Achievements Help

Soulwalker

Default Santa Claws Achievements Help

The Santa Claws achievements are difficult to get. In fact, I'm having a worse time collecting them than I have any achievement to date. Killing blows are difficult for me, but I have gotten the opportunity to score a killing blow on the buff holder several times. However, the buff has dropped off when Santa Claws has gotten between 25-40% health each time the opportunity has arisen. Once the buff drops off, Santa Claws does not return until the next match. If Santa Claws' health never gets low, which is the case in most battles since healers pay special attention to him, the buff never drops off. I could be completely wrong, but it appears that the Santa Claws buff can be self-canceled.

I don't know if this is an intended mechanic or not, but either way, I still want the achievements. Waiting for an opportunity and going 1 on 1 with Santa Claws isn't likely to accomplish this thanks to buff dropoffs. How did you get your achievements, and what should I do differently?

Shield of Telara

I am not sure you can turn the buff off if you have it. I will say though that it takes focus fire and a LOT of RNG. IIRC it took me about 100 games to get the acheese.

i got that santa pet even if i didn't want or care..
    easy is to get that achievement ,maybe try moar

unfortunately i have to agree with Saia on this one.
    the achievements are very easy to get and i had the pet by day two without any intentional effort to complete all the achievements.

my general feeling is that if you havent finished them by now, you never will. and its not because they are difficult to get.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    i got that santa pet even if i didn't want or care..
    easy is to get that achievement ,maybe try moar
    same with kronos lol, for once this guy said something that made sense... if you liked pvp and didnt care about acheeves youd be fine, **** ive gotten it on 3 chars and i didnt even realize it untill someone mentioned in chat that it gave a pet lol...

Maybe worry more about winning the warfront and that achieve will fall into place.
    Esilia(Pyro/dom) Sayber(Rb/temp)
    Lenaea(Sentinel) Eude(Undecided atm)
    Former member of [Slayers] [Mayhem]

Quote Originally Posted by 1Benevolent View Post
    Maybe worry more about winning the warfront and that achieve will fall into place.
    this ^^
    so much this ^^^

i've gotten tired of so many times seeing this match lost because bad players are focusing on getting achievements instead of winning.

i'll say again, if you do not yet have all these achievements, you never will.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

ITT: OP doesn't know the meaning of achievement.

nah, he is actually having an issue with not being able to get the buff and keep it long enough to apply some kb's to it.. you can go for weeks in wfs trying to get it from the other team, chances are the "claws" person is hiding in the back, doing everything they can to hold onto the buff, no matter if they have the ach or not. tbh.. it should by default move on to somebody after that person has gotten the requisite # of kb's, or if they already have it move on after x amount of time.

as for the kb's.. perhaps they are squishy, and don't want to risk getting close enough for a warrior to do the 50m pull, try grabbing a spec with raid wide buffs, fast aoe spam fro ranged, and good self healing options. this will let you last long enough to rack up them kb's once you have the claws buff., if you can get it in time.

the achievement should have been thought out slightly better than it was, alas, we cannot always account for people hoarding things or general ******baggery.
    Last edited by Mirimon; 01-07-2013 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Benevolent View Post
    same with kronos lol, for once this guy said something that made sense... if you liked pvp and didnt care about acheeves youd be fine, **** ive gotten it on 3 chars and i didnt even realize it untill someone mentioned in chat that it gave a pet lol...

I disagree with pretty much everyone here, save a few. If you need help getting it, shoot me a PM. I may not be the best pvp'er, but I liked the idea of pvp based achievements so I went out of my way to get it on all classes, all in 50+ matches. If all else fails, I can hop on your server for a week and pocket you in a few matches until you get it.

I guess there is always a chance that this thread was trollbait and we all fell for it..

~Cheers

Marnos

All it requires is for you to get 6 KBs in a round, right?

I got the achievement by accident in one of the first few Whitefalls I did. I fail to see what's so hard about that.
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    All it requires is for you to get 6 KBs in a round, right?

I got the achievement by accident in one of the first few Whitefalls I did. I fail to see what's so hard about that.
    5 kbs across all whitefall games as santy claws.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    5 kbs across all whitefall games as santy claws.
    Wow. How is that even remotely hard?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Mirimon View Post
    the achievement should have been thought out slightly better than it was, alas, we cannot always account for people hoarding things or general ******baggery.
    with the way burst is so OP across all classes at the moment, the issue is less to do with hoarding and more to do with bad player.

the OP should go to his class forum, look for a thread about pvp builds, and pick the spec with the highest burst/lowest skill.

Champion of Telara

I didn't even know this was an achievement the first time I got it. I got the buff randomly a few days into the event and promptly gave it away. It looked weird and as I wasn't able to mount so I quickly gave it up. LOL.

Later I read the achieve and realized you had to kill 5. Took a few games afterwards but it definitely was not a big deal. It's 5 kbs total. That's it, doesn't even have to be the same match.

After reading about it, I realized it's probably easier to get towards the begining of the world event and it'll most likely get harder as the event window gets closer to close. When the event is new lots of new players would jump in to experience the xmas whitefall. Once that phase wore off, only the hard-type pvpers would continue to queue. So like it or not, the 'scrubs' phase has already passed. Where chances are the players were less skilled and less geared then the ones which queue up regardless.

I would get this one out of the way asap. You can always just chance and wait til the end. I would imagine as the event comes closer to a close, you'll get another influx of 'scrubs' coming in on the last day or so hoping to grab it. =)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Daayou View Post
    I will say though that it takes focus fire and a LOT of RNG. IIRC it took me about 100 games to get the acheese.
    Good ol' RNG. I know what you're talking about. Sometimes, the stars have to align just right, or it's not gonna happen.

nah, he is actually having an issue with not being able to get the buff and keep it long enough to apply some kb's to it..
    Yes.

chances are the "claws" person is hiding in the back, doing everything they can to hold onto the buff
    Most of the time, yes. Focus fire on Claws doesn't happen. The buff isn't significant enough to steal (though if it was, that could add an interesting twist), and a group effort always results in a lost round. However, sometimes there are very small groups, resulting in a solo attempt by the buff holder (which ends in the disappearance of their buff followed shortly after by the death of the former holder).

as for the kb's.. perhaps they are squishy, and don't want to risk getting close enough for a warrior to do the 50m pull, try grabbing a spec with raid wide buffs, fast aoe spam fro ranged, and good self healing options. this will let you last long enough to rack up them kb's once you have the claws buff., if you can get it in time.
    That's an interesting idea. I may need to look at a more AoE-heavy build for these achievements.

Always seems to be the case. Maybe they can improve it next year

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    I disagree with pretty much everyone here, save a few. If you need help getting it, shoot me a PM. I may not be the best pvp'er, but I liked the idea of pvp based achievements so I went out of my way to get it on all classes, all in 50+ matches. If all else fails, I can hop on your server for a week and pocket you in a few matches until you get it.
    Thanks for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    I guess there is always a chance that this thread was trollbait and we all fell for it..
    If I was trying to troll, I'd make a post about how everyone was OP except for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    with the way burst is so OP across all classes at the moment, the issue is less to do with hoarding and more to do with bad player.
    That's a bold claim. I've leveled almost exclusively through WFs, so there's been a lot of 1v1. In fifty levels, I've encountered only seven players who have consistently presented a challenge (three clerics, two warriors, and two rogues).

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the OP should go to his class forum, look for a thread about pvp builds, and pick the spec with the highest burst/lowest skill.
    Apparently, I didn't communicate my point clearly. Burst and skill are not my problems. My problem is the buff dropping off before the target dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone Else
    *Irrelevant, off-topic insults*
    It appears that I have located the gathering place of those select few who feel that they are most useful in PvP while sitting at the spawn point, giving "advice", and ragequitting afterwards...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast