+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: pvp grind isnt worth the effort and time

Default pvp grind isnt worth the effort and time

the issue is the carrot isnt good enough and the endless conquest boring grind, the marks arent a good idea peope need to wait after they reach a milestone to buy gear :/ not fun at all, plus the gear is awfull looking too, mercenary gear looks better than warlord gear, hell the rank 50 stuff looks better than any of the sl stuff. ill be limiting my time played and seriously considering renewing my sub unless its fixed

Thank the Vigil I'm not a carrot chaser.

Play to have fun, you might find that you have...well fun.
    Last edited by Credo; 01-07-2013 at 08:55 AM.
    Even free cost too much now

lol with the state of warriors at the moment in pvp, outcome is bleak on the fun side

Ascendant

Warriors do not suck in PvP...

Also, a PvP system that is based less around gear is definitely a good thing. I would be happy with no gear gap whatsoever and purely cosmetic rewards.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by bogust View Post
    the issue is the carrot isnt good enough and the endless conquest boring grind, the marks arent a good idea peope need to wait after they reach a milestone to buy gear
    To accumulate pvp gear you need to have some sort of at least quasi dedication to pvp'ing.

I'm starting to question good enough. Full t3 gear is going to have quite the upper hand on people running around in all blue merc gear. It's not like "HOLY CRAP I JUST GOT SMASHED BY T3", but, it will probably not be enjoyable to go up against if the player is a good one. That is for sure.

I have to look at the total gains of all the gear. I know I griped about it a lot but, I'm slowly accepting they want smaller disparity between gear, even though the ceiling of pvp gear compared to the rest of the game is awkward still imo. But good thing other gear doesn't work great for pvp.

Overall, with the disparity being small, it should enable fun from the get-go if you are good at your toon. But the disparity should be enough a good player will feel it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-07-2013 at 09:56 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I just wish you could XP lock your character and stay at 50 so the PvP remains fun.

I gave up on PvP. This game doesn't have PvP. It has something barely resembling PvP - but only barely.

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel View Post
    I just wish you could XP lock your character and stay at 50 so the PvP remains fun.
    Yeah the pvp at 50 is way more fun imo.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Soulwalker

The warlord rogue gear is pretty pimp imo

Really? The 50-54 bracket is so terrible. Everytime I play a game, there seems to be 6 healers on each team, and you're lucky if there are 10 kills combined from both teams in a 15 minute game...

yes we know by now. 100th thread about this.

/thread
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Get another account and don't buy the expansion for it. Close enough, right?

I find aspects of the grind annoying (like, the fact that the marks can only be acqured a certain daily rate (p60+)) but i still find the PVP in rift to be really, really fun

if it wasn't fun, I wouldn't do it...when I am playing a game and i'm improving my character in ways that seem like "work" then I find a new game to play...RIFT isn't like that for me, I really really enjoy it
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-07-2013 at 11:23 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Thank the Vigil I'm not a carrot chaser.

Play to have fun, you might find that you have...well fun.
    Yes there are those that PvP just for fun and nothing else. They don't need rewards and they don't need any real goals to achieve. For those of you that find yourself among this group, congratulations and please continue enjoying what you find enjoyable.

As for the rest of us, and the thousands of thousands worth of players whom PvP in many different games to some day see their name at the top of a ranked list or with a title only a seldom few will ever obtain, we'll continue to sit this one out until some actual rewards are implemented.

Saying that people "shouldn't need the rewards because they should PvP simply for the fun of it" is like saying that any competition doesn't really need trophies or belts or plaques and that we should all play what we play simply for the enjoyment of what we do and nothing else. While it's true we should enjoy what we do, that's not the way the world works and you know it.
    Moved on from Rift due to: Rift's PvP being a mindless, skilless zerg that has been and will continue to be perpetuated and reinforced :: A horribly optimized engine :: My personal distaste for F2P (already heading down the P2W path) after giving it a fair shake. Rift is an exceptional MMO by an overachieving development team that unfortunately is ruined by a few personally show-stopping issues.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Warriors do not suck in PvP...

Also, a PvP system that is based less around gear is definitely a good thing. I would be happy with no gear gap whatsoever and purely cosmetic rewards.

They should also normalise all PvE gear. Remove the gear requirements from raid content and base raids on skill not gear, PvE would be so much better if gear =/= skill.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast