+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Conquest Player Rendering

Rift Chaser

Default Conquest Player Rendering

Is there a way to fix players not rendering in Conquest?

Ascendant

its limited to 50 players due to the archaic gamebryo engine from 1960 not being able to render more ^^

It used to try to render everyone, but it made for horrific gameplay once 150 people were being drawn no matter how potent your PC.

The only reason it's a problem now is because the zergs tend to steamroll through each other so fast that you get draw in problems, or if you try to flank the herd in front of you... there were 40 more players behind those you couldn't see.

Just one of many tweaks that can be made to help this is to greatly reduce extractor HP and reduce the sourcestone fortification buff to 25%. Smaller groups would be able to manage taking down objectives before the 80+ freight train could hit all of the targets, players would be forced to spread out, and there'd be more strategic play.

Also, using a sourcestone on an enemy fortified extractor should be capable of *removing* the buff or perhaps damaging the turrets. You'd make yourself visible and obvious on the map for some risk/reward fun.
    Last edited by Fujitasix; 01-07-2013 at 07:37 AM.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Heh, remember that event they had to open up ROS where there was that one-night only thing in stillmoor??

I remember my visibility radius (for players) around me was like 10 feet, because there were like 50 players stacked every 20 feet....it was a really ridiculous but funny example of how bad the gamebryo engine is
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-07-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    its limited to 50 players due to the archaic gamebryo engine from 1960 not being able to render more ^^
    Hahaha.

You are in a forest.

> go north

You are in a forest.

> go north

You are surrounded by 50 enemies. You are slain!

> respawn, exit Conquest
    Mal shot first.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    Hahaha.

You are in a forest.

> go north

You are in a forest.

> go north

You are surrounded by 50 enemies. You are slain!

> respawn, exit Conquest
    south south!

Rift Chaser

Ok got it thanks! just continue to faceroll keyboard and hope something is dieing.

It's always been pretty terrible. I don't think they know how to fix it tbh.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

It gets even worse when you get resurrected. Beside the fact that the whole light changes, everything being so weird, you either a) cannot see anyone until you're dead (or you just slowly start to see people around you) or b) the other ones cannot see you, which happened last night when I was bombing the whole NF team while sitting in the middle of them and no one was attacking me
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

pfew, was starting to think its because of my crappy computer, turns out its not
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    pfew, was starting to think its because of my crappy computer, turns out its not
    The difference between a crappy PC and new one is HUGE. I play in one place where it's a cruddy Core2 2GB machine with an ATI HD4850, and my home rig is an Ivy Bridge w/ 8GB and 570.

CQ is nigh unplayable on the old turd, and stays 20+ FPS (which is the premise of restricting the number of players rendered) at home. You simply can't see everyone until you get some players out of your draw distance and new ones into it. That transition can be ugly.

People trash Gamebryo like it's the culprit, but I have yet to see ANY mmo do it better. GW2 turns into a choppy mess of people lagging all over, SWTOR couldn't handle 20 players, and WoW's cartoons with 20 polygons still couldn't manage large scale combat.

I blame stagnant server / CPU technology and / or the ability of programmers to make the best use of numerous threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    People trash Gamebryo like it's the culprit, but I have yet to see ANY mmo do it better. GW2 turns into a choppy mess of people lagging all over, SWTOR couldn't handle 20 players, and WoW's cartoons with 20 polygons still couldn't manage large scale combat.

I blame stagnant server / CPU technology and / or the ability of programmers to make the best use of numerous threads.
    Obligatory DAoC reference (fun fact: Gamebryo engine game).

Yeah, it would definitely chug at relic sieges, and if you were on a crappy rig like I was for most of my time playing it would die especially if you were recording video (obligatory clip from my first paladin video intro), but it was pretty good in its middle years at keep sieges which had populations larger than what we see when zergs collide in Rift.

It's frustrating to me that performance in large-scale PvP has only seemingly gotten worse with time.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

I never had any low fps in GW2.

Normally in Rift, out and about in the world, I get between 60-100fps.

Anytime I'm in cq and engaged in large battles, it drops down to about 3 fps.

normal wf's no low fps at all.

Also to add...the low fps issue has already been acknowledged by Trion. They know the problem exists. I don't think they know how to fix it..or care to fix it.
    Last edited by Misun; 01-07-2013 at 12:28 PM.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

There's a lot of oddities in rendering in this game. For instance, why does dieing, and being resurrected in the exact same spot cause lag in rendering?
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I never had any low fps in GW2.

Normally in Rift, out and about in the world, I get between 60-100fps.

Anytime I'm in cq and engaged in large battles, it drops down to about 3 fps.

normal wf's no low fps at all.

Also to add...the low fps issue has already been acknowledged by Trion. They know the problem exists. I don't think they know how to fix it..or care to fix it.
    That's what used to happen to me when I was using an AMD Phenom II @3.2GHz. When I went Ivy Bridge, it was like flipping a switch. I run on Ultra with shadows off all the time, and CQ zergs just aren't that bad. Some of the event bosses with 200+ people literally within 80m of each other drop my frame rates to the low teens, but that's about as bad as I've seen it.

Dunno, I might be one of the lucky ones. I've seen people with ridiculously expensive rigs complaining about frame rates.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast