+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question About Cleric vs Mage Healing

Rift Disciple

Default Question About Cleric vs Mage Healing

Pre-SL, my chloro had really good hardcast heals. I could just keep on spamming them on myself and be unkillable. With SL, I notice they seem to be doing 1/2-1/3 of what they used to heal for. I know little about clerics. When I try to 1v1 them, they cast Crucial Invocations and that seems to heal them for 75% of their total health. Am I delusional or missing something?

Ascendant

I don't think clerics can do that, but there was an enormous nerf to heals in pvp

Soulwalker

They can only cast 7-8 Crucial Invocations in a row.
    12-13 with a pot.
    R.I.P. Aethys, French Cleric.

Suspension on 06/01/2013 at 00:10 (GMT +1)
    Expires on 07/03/2013 at 17:08 (GMT +1)

I wish my crucial invocation healed me for 75%. That would be sweet!

There are some cd's that are used with it. Maybe that's what you saw.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I wish my crucial invocation healed me for 75%. That would be sweet!

There are some cd's that are used with it. Maybe that's what you saw.
    This. Usually if your target is under 50% HP, and the healer uses Nyol's Hope + Crucial Invocation + Healers Blessing + Faith Rewarded... it can heal for a ton. IMO, it's probably the only way you can counter the extreme burst going around nowadays.

Ascendant

Healing overall is nerfed flat across the board in pvp. Believe it or not there is even a bug currently upping the intended heals in pvp. A few weeks ago no one was healing because heals were so weak it was more efficient to just dps, so you might see a shift or be going wtf if they "fix" that but not damage of classes.

That being said yes clerics have better heals (self heals) to keep them up in 1v1 and I do believe more "oh crap" clickies then chloros. Chloros, however, heal ST individuals amazingly well, but since our synthesis cannot affect us we are out of luck for getting those great large heals we can put on others. Basically when you are focused you are out of luck if you aren't running/spamming whatever you got. Always stay at max distance in WF if you can and save your 1/2 life heal and absorb shield for oh crap moments (like pulled into the crowd). Since we have one Break free 61 chloro I spec into Pyro to get flicker which has made a huge difference in gameplay pvp for me to escape and live longer. It removes control and is on a shorter CD then breakfree. If you want to stay as safe as possible spec some points into dom to up your range. I go 4 in dom, 61 chloro, then the rest in pyro for pushback negation, crit chance, and flicker.

If you stand still and spam your natural healing most decent dps can literally just sit and kill you spamming damage. Damage > then chloro healings on yourself. The only tactics that work for me is to jump, dot with withering vines, shoot off a ruin, then spin (to try and negate as much as I can bonus damage from getting hit in the back) as I cast natural healing and wait for bloom, flourish, and resurgence to come off CD. Once they come off CD insta heal your little heals, bunny hop and dot again. You can kill and live through some players this way.

Also, don't forget your mage cage and any pushbacks/CC you have. One tactic I have learned is to bunny hop, heal up as best I can, then when they are close mage cage. Running sideways you can cast and run away from your enemy. I also sometimes cast a ranged push right after mage cage (like 2 seconds later), especially on rogues or any class that is melee since I anticipate a break free ability. Mage cage shoots them back, then when they are out prepared to jump on me right off the bat they get pushed back which messes some up.

Left alone you can really help a WF out. 1v1 chloro is one of the weakest classes out there with current damage and very little CC you have. Healing wise you can compete with most clerics but a good cleric has the advantage, especially since they don't have to damage the enemy (be within damaging range/pull range/silence range/etc... constantly) to heal. Its fun though, and a challenge.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-06-2013 at 09:26 PM.

Ascendant

Another tactic is 15 lock run while spamming withering vine till you get an opportunity proc

I'm a big fan of minimum 6pt archon in every spec for flowing sands.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Another tactic is 15 lock run while spamming withering vine till you get an opportunity proc
    I just hate how weak dots are from warlock now. Used to have a pyro/warlock/chloro spec and ran around dotting, healing up, and shooting off fireballs from the procs. I never stopped moving. Was fun.

havent played my cleric for a while, but didnt sentinel get this heal that heals for a crazy amount, but for a crazy amount of mana? could be crucial invocation, but not sure. if cast with crit and 50% increase buff i can most definitely see this heal for that amount.

agree with you one the chloro hardcast heals. they're not even worth casting 90% of the time, and when i do, i die T_T
    Last edited by parangea; 01-07-2013 at 03:54 AM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    havent played my cleric for a while, but didnt sentinel get this heal that heals for a crazy amount, but for a crazy amount of mana? could be crucial invocation, but not sure. if cast with crit and 50% increase buff i can most definitely see this heal for that amount.

agree with you one the chloro hardcast heals. they're not even worth casting 90% of the time, and when i do, i die T_T
    Yea its crucial invocation. Heals a lot more then our natural healing, but your mana is drained in 8-9 or so heals like this. Still, keeps you alive longer then a chloro. If you have a pot you get like 13 heals. I'm just quoting my guildmate who plays cleric a lot @60.

The only time that my heals are high is when I Warden. Sents, Puri, and Defilers will not outheal a chloromancer. I'm not sure why since I never played a chloro before but they are a clerics best friend. I love partnering with a chloro in WFs.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion333 View Post
    The only time that my heals are high is when I Warden. Sents, Puri, and Defilers will not outheal a chloromancer. I'm not sure why since I never played a chloro before but they are a clerics best friend. I love partnering with a chloro in WFs.
    We are talking self heals for survivability. I can heal someone else for 2-3 times the amount I can self heal myself, which is how our veils work, specifically synthesis. I, however, cannot receive said synthesis and can only single target heal myself on average for 2.5k on a 1.5 second harcast or around 4k if it crits.

Just clarifying the discussion wasn't total heals done, it was about the fact we can't survive because our self heals suck. I too love partnering with a cleric because they can keep me up better then I can keep myself up and sometimes play with my guild mate who is cleric. I concentrate on doing damage sometimes over healing though and don't always top the healing chart like some chloros do a lot. If no one else is healing though, I can
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.

i love playing chloro with a defiler that understands how chloro healing works.
    when there is no cleric to babysit thow, best strategy to survive as a focused chloro is to run away screaming (speed buffs in archon/harb and SC are your friend) .

Plane Walker

roll rogue for awesome raid heals.
    Though being focused sucks with no st healing on you.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast