+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Aeonblade
  • 1 Post By Anathemus

Thread: Nearly a month since 2.1 where PvP issues were acknowledged by Devs. 2.2?

Ascendant

Default Nearly a month since 2.1 where PvP issues were acknowledged by Devs. 2.2?

Is 2.2 going to be another patch that will prove to be a severe disappointment for PvP players? It's probably a fair assumption that these changes will bypass the PTS, so can we get some kind of communication regarding what is being done?
    I am kind of hoping the healing bugs are being left in to gauge how healing adjustments will effect game play, otherwise not hot fixing the bug is pretty dodgy.

Show us some love Trion, PvPers pay subs too.

Ascendant

Is there mention anywhere of any pvp changes happening in 2.2?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Is there mention anywhere of any pvp changes happening in 2.2?
    Actually, there isn't. I thought there was and went trawling through dev posts only to discover I was wrong. The only comment is the one by Elrar on 14 December, at the beginning of the (pinned) thread 'Rogues and Upcoming PvP Specific Changes' where he states that they will be making changes in the next Hotfix (which they did) and "additional changes to follow if required".

Like the OP, I was under the impression that something had been said about 2.2 bringing PvP changes, but yeah, no.

Ascendant

I'm convinced that Elrar's post was only in response to the mass outcry, and that nothing was actually planned for PvP prior to that.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    I'm convinced that Elrar's post was only in response to the mass outcry, and that nothing was actually planned for PvP prior to that.
    If CQ is going to be in Dendrome (supposed to open in 2.2) then 2.2 may be a "PVP patch". Trion has tended to clump PVP things up like that.

That said, I fully expect Dendrome CQ to be terrible. Because precedent.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Ascendant

I hope for our PvP expansion comes in the next patch because it certainly didn't come with Storm Legion

What I expect: Dendrome to be similar to Ember Isle where dragon slayers can farm more gear and the addition of a new Raid/10 Man. PvP gear will receive a nerf because it can be used in the open world to get Infinity Stones, otherwise PvP remains unchanged. Daglar promises to look into PvP issues for the next patch.

We pay subs too.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 01-07-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    If CQ is going to be in Dendrome (supposed to open in 2.2) then 2.2 may be a "PVP patch". Trion has tended to clump PVP things up like that.

That said, I fully expect Dendrome CQ to be terrible. Because precedent.
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that Dendrome = PvP zone, or CQ zone, or anything of the sort? I suxorz at lore, but I thought that's where the Infinity Gate is supposed to be, and that sounds like some straight up pee vee eee.
    Mal shot first.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vico View Post
    Has it been confirmed anywhere that Dendrome = PvP zone, or CQ zone, or anything of the sort? I suxorz at lore, but I thought that's where the Infinity Gate is supposed to be, and that sounds like some straight up pee vee eee.
    Infinity Gate is in the Steppes of Infinity.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

I thought Dendrome was going to be another avenue of Qaijiri rep farm to make it easier a few months after release. If they make it a PvP zone well, they better do it right.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Is 2.2 going to be another patch that will prove to be a severe disappointment for PvP players? It's probably a fair assumption that these changes will bypass the PTS, so can we get some kind of communication regarding what is being done?
    I am kind of hoping the healing bugs are being left in to gauge how healing adjustments will effect game play, otherwise not hot fixing the bug is pretty dodgy.

Show us some love Trion, PvPers pay subs too.
    It was released right before the holidays. Most people in the Corporate world are just returning to work this week. I'm sure we'll start to see more information and less bug fixes in the coming weeks.

Default It doesn't matter if they have been on vacation.

It is the responsibility of any business to maintain the face of a product so that its consumers do not begin to have doubts about the supply. The "supply" of pvp content or attention has been lacking sorely. The new gear and gear system has created its own problems and has needed repeated fixes of various kinds, leading to suspicion that they really didn't put much effort into it. We got one, small warfront, and that was it. Cq is a joke, there is no world pvp, and people are losing patience. I'm losing patience. PvP planar attunement is two trees behind where the pve trees will be next patch, with no update on when that may be brought back up to speed. Class changes are needed are still lingering, bugs abound, no pvp acheesements for the new world, no world pvp quests ...

I really could go on and on.

Yes I understand that an expansion is an incredibly complex system of variables that will undoubtedly not be perfect or comprehensive. I don't expect perfection. And yes I know that other games have had rough expacs too. What is different is that there is little to no communication about what the developers would like to improve, what they like, where they may be going with the game in the near future. There really is nothing, and that is just not good enough.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-09-2013 at 10:35 AM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

+ Reply to Thread