+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Ready to play

Soulwalker

Default Ready to play

I've been queued for conquest 93 min now. I wan't to play. However, there is no spot in this match for me? Anywhere? At all?

Last edited by Mutamin; 01-06-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Over the course of 93 minutes you never thought it would be a wild idea to try queing other factions?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Got in. After the timer. No time to play. Just killed a few and done.

How is this fun?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Over the course of 93 minutes you never thought it would be a wild idea to try queing other factions?

How do I know what faction to que for?

it is pretty simple actualy.

if you queue for nightfall, you will very likely never get in, or only get in once its over. on the very rare occasion you do get in, there is a very high chance of winning.

if you queue oathsworn. you will likely get in, maybe after only a short wait. you will die a lot, and most of your team will complain a lot. occasionaly you will win.

if you queue dominion, you will instantly get in, you will die a lot, most of your team will afk, many more will complain, and some few will try. they wont try to win, they will try to have fun. occasionaly, they will succeed. there is no chance of ever winning on dominion.

if you need the weekly, you need NF
    if you need the daily, you need Oath
    if you need to go have dinner, you need Dom.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutamin View Post
    How do I know what faction to que for?
    I don't know, I assume somewhere over the course of 93 minutes you would give others a try. You make it sound like you are helpless and this is a totally non-intuitive process.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

I don't know, I assume somewhere over the course of 93 minutes you would give others a try. You make it sound like you are helpless and this is a totally non-intuitive process.
    Question then. What faction do you align yourself with and why?

Take Kronos for example,

I get this.

Is this really how I shoud chose my faction?
    Last edited by Mutamin; 01-06-2013 at 04:43 PM.

Take Kronos for example,

I get this.

i admit it is not optimal, but it is the reality we have to deal with.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Take Kronos for example,

I get this.

Not sure what this has to do with waiting 93m, and calling foul that you couldn't get in. My point was that if you wanted to play, you probably should have tried to unque for the team that was...I don't know, pushing an hour que. Like I said, you make this sound non-intuitive.

You just completely pivoted this to something unrelated to your OP entirely. Choose whatever faction you want. But if the one you choose is at 72m que, I'd suggest trying another. Just a wild guess of what I would do.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-06-2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    i admit it is not optimal, but it is the reality we have to deal with.
    I know, and (I think) we both make the same point. I do not think this is fun.

While I've got you, let me ask. Do you think this is fun?
    Last edited by Mutamin; 01-06-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Not sure what this has to do with waiting 93m, and calling foul that you couldn't get in. My point was that if you wanted to play, you probably should have tried to unque for the team that was...I don't know, pushing an hour que. Like I said, you make this sound non-intuitive.

You just completely pivoted this to something unrelated to your OP entirely. Choose whatever faction you want. But if the one you choose is at 72m que, I'd suggest trying another. Just a wild guess of what I would do.
    I wanted to play the faction I chose. I never got in. Maybe, I made a bad choice. (My fault)

I can see why you feel I took a piviot. I asked you a question to look a it from a different point of view.

I know, and (I think) we both make the same point. I do not think this is fun.

While I've got you, let me ask. Do you think this is fun?
    choosing a faction that is accessable is more fun than sitting in a queue for over an hour.

btw, dont put too much expectation into having fun in CQ, its mostly humping extractors and one sided zerging.
    the most fun i've had in CQ lately has actualy been on the dominion team.

also, dont try to put too much emphasis on the faction you choose. once, before the current state of CQ, i was a dedicated NF player. this was due to the different approaches each faction took to CQ. NF most closely aligned with my own attitudes (pvp and favor farming).

this is no longer the case.

NF is now the new Oath, going for the win, prefferably a fast win, over all other considerations. many of those on NF will /yell "NF4Life", but most are actualy nameless FotM zerglings wanting to be carried. they'd switch to Dom in a heartbeat if it became the new constant winning faction.

I wanted to play the faction I chose. I never got in. Maybe, I made a bad choice. (My fault)

I can see why you feel I took a piviot. I asked you a question to look a it from a different point of view.
    In the OP you suggest you were unable to get in. Adding in, I was unable to get in to my desired faction and was unwilling to que up for another faction because I wanted my chosen faction - it would have made sense. Wouldn't be logical in my mind, but would have made sense.

With that out of the way. I call it like I see it. I play NF if I want wins usually. They are not the indisputably always win team, but, they sure seem to have a higher frequency than the others. So if I had to choose a faction I feel has the best probability to win, I play NF.

If I can't get into NF, I just take whatever says join and not que. It sounds lazy but, I guess I don't care enough about CQ to...do things that people who care would do. To me it is a time sink where I get to run around and gank people on my assassin for weeks until I can get all my CQ vendor items.

Also, you are only locked to your faction if you get in. If you don't get in, you can leave them and join another. Don't know if you knew that. The way you say the faction you choose was a bad choice makes me think you didn't consider that option. Which was my original point. I assumed you realized you could change factions if you don't make the initial que, which would make the concept of claiming to be unable to get into CQ based off a single factions que illogical most of the time. Think this wraps it up about and answers everything.

I should just type these things in the first place. I try to avoid it >.<
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-06-2013 at 05:35 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Shield of Telara

choosing a faction that is accessable is more fun than sitting in a queue for over an hour.

btw, dont put too much expectation into having fun in CQ, its mostly humping extractors and one sided zerging.

also, dont try to put too much emphasis on the faction you choose. once, before the current state of CQ, i was a dedicated NF player. this was due to the different approaches each faction took to CQ. NF most closely aligned with my own attitudes (pvp and favor farming).

NF is now the new Oath, going for the win, prefferably a fast win, over all other considerations. many of those on NF will /yell "NF4Life", but most are actualy nameless FotM zerglings wanting to be carried. they'd switch to Dom in a heartbeat if it became the new constant winning faction.
    Agree totally with your sentiments on CQ. For whatever reason I stopped caring about it long ago. The only fun I've ever had in CQ is when I went in as part of a guild raid. Other than that it's been pretty mind-numbing.

Not sure how to fix it, and sadly I don't even care at this point. It is what it is - a necessary evil to get currency.
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Soulwalker

I respect and understand this answer.

Thank you for the reply.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast