+ Reply to Thread

Thread: new guy

Soulwalker

Default new guy

looking to start rift but id like to level as a class that id enjoy pvping end game as. i was looking at rogue for the bard and hunstman but warrior overall looks pretty cool too. anyone have some input to help me choose a decent class to start out as?

Go rogue.

What's a huntsman?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Go rogue.

What's a huntsman?
    Go Rogue. I made a warrior, mage, and cleric. I'm now leveling a rogue even though I didn't really want to (lvl 39 currently).

Since most players pvp as rogue, and its been a pretty good class (the best currently) and right before SL was probably 2nd best compared to the OP warriors, I don't think it will get changed overly much by Trion.

Bard is fun. You harp someone to death. You can also top healing charts if played right (aoe heals), and do quite a bit of damage as well. Its also the easiest calling to see synergy between classes to create your character or take them in the direction you want. Heck, even in both directions of tank/dps if you want with some builds.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-06-2013 at 10:03 PM.

my suggestion:
    roll both a warrior and a rogue, get them to level 10 to be able to join warfronts, mess around a bit with different souls and combinations.
    pick the one you like most.

warrior can tank and melee dps. also since the dawn of tempest do awesome range dmg.
    rogue can also tank and (stealth) melee dps. also marksman and ranger are ranged, bard is also ranged and can do prety damn nice healing, all what i like to call soft heals tho, more or less mitigating damage by healing little amounts at a time.

both classes are (where) very good in pvp. rogue is OP at the moment and will (hopefully) be slammed, bludgeoned more likely, with the nerfbat in the next patch.

the choice is yours....
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bortag View Post
    looking to start rift but id like to level as a class that id enjoy pvping end game as. i was looking at rogue for the bard and hunstman but warrior overall looks pretty cool too. anyone have some input to help me choose a decent class to start out as?
    Think about what you'd like to play the most and what you'd like to play the least, from a role perspective. Roll two characters that allow you to fill these roles and set up a spec for each, and play them both to around twenty before you make a final decision. For example, let's you really want to play ranged dps, but really don't want to play a tank. Cleric, Rogue, and Warrior can all fill these roles in some capacity, so pick two of them, and set each up with a ranged dps spec and a tank spec. Play both of them in PvP in alternating capacities up until level twenty or so (the end of the first PvP bracket). It doesn't take long, and it gives you a head start if you decide you do want to roll an alt (keep in mind you will only ever need four characters in this game to be able to play everything).

At that point, you can get a feel for which spec you enjoy the most in the spec you like to play, and which spec you dislike the least in the spec you don't want to play.

Why do I suggest doing it this way? Fact of the matter is, at some point, you'll start forcing yourself to play something you (initially) did not want to play in order to win, because you can't depend on other people to do it. Hell, you may even come to enjoy it.

That being said, based on what you listed for points of interest -- an archer class and bard as a support class -- I'm not sure there's another good fit. Mages are pretty static even though they do have decent raid healing/utility spec options, but they're kind of all over the place where balance is concerned atm. That being said, I'd say roll a rogue and a mage and take them both to around twenty.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread