+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Burst

Default Burst

So it's been said a billion and a half times in a million different ways. Burst is absurd right now.

I'm really butthurt right now because I've just played several matches in a row where I literally cannot get an INSTANT HEAL on some targets before it drops from 100% to dead. Obviously these targets are being assisted on, but still. This atomic blast style burst damage has got to go.

If the damage in PvP can't be lowered across the board, can we get some other fix for this? Maybe some kind of buff that lasts one or two seconds when you lose a certain percentage of your health, that reduces incoming damage based on the number of players attacking you?

Maybe just a post from a dev to pat me on the shoulder and say, "Hang in there, champ! We're working on it!"

Dev answer on how pvp is unfun?

You'll never get one.

They're too busy disabling bugged skills instead of fixing them.

SOURCE

3pt finisher Arc>FF buff>charged pulse>double pulse>dual pulse>skyfall>dead
    thats some serious burst. But apparently people need to learn to find a place to los within a 4gcd period of time or they are simply "bad" because PvP is "fine"
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Spam Bolt of Retribution for insta-Bolt of Depravity and keep that in your pocket.

Marrow Harvest>Scourge>Bolt of Retribution>Insta-Bolt of Depravity>Nysyr's. Kinda stupid to be able to time 20k of damage landing in quick succession.
    Fourtyfour

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Keota View Post
    3pt finisher Arc>FF buff>charged pulse>double pulse>dual pulse>skyfall>dead
    thats some serious burst. But apparently people need to learn to find a place to los within a 4gcd period of time or they are simply "bad" because PvP is "fine"
    The only person you can kill with that rotation is another tempest, go figure

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Maybe just a post from a dev to pat me on the shoulder and say, "Hang in there, champ! We're working on it!"
    i'm not a dev but i can give you a hug if it makes you feel any better
    i'm pretty confident the few crazy bursty abilities will eventually be brought back in line... it's not that much work since the changes can be applied to PvP without breaking the balance in PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    The only person you can kill with that rotation is another tempest, go figure
    Bwahahaha, don't argue with Zoar he is the end all expert on TTK and what is out of hand and what is in line.

@OP So you really asked for a cap on damage taken in an amount of time, so you are discouraging organized burst from a coordinated group of players?
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

as you guys may or may not know, i've only been lvl 60 since a week. i havent played during most of that time, so im only playing since thursday or so.

that said; its insane. its simply ****ing insane. in the 50-54 and 55-59 bracket everyting is somewhat fine. but from the moment i stepped into the first lvl 60 warfront i've simply been unable to do ****! wether healing or dps, it doesnt matter, there is no other competition then, no there is no competition. and i have very much the feeling that i am very much gimped playing a mage. where other classes seem (SEEM!!) to last for like 6 seconds in the open, i last only 3, enough time to cast a countdown, flame bolt and some CC before i get killed by whoever the **** is around.

where as i do want to play pvp, and only pvp since i do not enjoy pve like i used to, i do not want to play crap like this for much longer. as such i will probably be going to level my rogue, as rogue dmg is good, survivability is good (perhaps both a little OP) but that's gonna be a welcome change after the bullsh*t that passes for pvp at this moment.

this will be the end of my ranting, and i must admit feels nice to release the anger on this forum, so i call on you trion DO SOMETHING!!! anything...you guys caused these problems, GO PLAY, EXPERIENCE THEM AND FIX THEM *yes, i'm a bit upset with you*
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    as you guys may or may not know, i've only been lvl 60 since a week. i havent played during most of that time, so im only playing since thursday or so.

that said; its insane. its simply ****ing insane. in the 50-54 and 55-59 bracket everyting is somewhat fine. but from the moment i stepped into the first lvl 60 warfront i've simply been unable to do ****! wether healing or dps, it doesnt matter, there is no other competition then, no there is no competition. and i have very much the feeling that i am very much gimped playing a mage. where other classes seem (SEEM!!) to last for like 6 seconds in the open, i last only 3, enough time to cast a countdown, flame bolt and some CC before i get killed by whoever the **** is around.

where as i do want to play pvp, and only pvp since i do not enjoy pve like i used to, i do not want to play crap like this for much longer. as such i will probably be going to level my rogue, as rogue dmg is good, survivability is good (perhaps both a little OP) but that's gonna be a welcome change after the bullsh*t that passes for pvp at this moment.

this will be the end of my ranting, and i must admit feels nice to release the anger on this forum, so i call on you trion DO SOMETHING!!! anything...you guys caused these problems, GO PLAY, EXPERIENCE THEM AND FIX THEM *yes, i'm a bit upset with you*
    You're a mage. You have range.

What -are- you doing on the front lines?
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    So it's been said a billion and a half times in a million different ways. Burst is absurd right now.

I'm really butthurt right now because I've just played several matches in a row where I literally cannot get an INSTANT HEAL on some targets before it drops from 100% to dead. Obviously these targets are being assisted on, but still. This atomic blast style burst damage has got to go.

If the damage in PvP can't be lowered across the board, can we get some other fix for this? Maybe some kind of buff that lasts one or two seconds when you lose a certain percentage of your health, that reduces incoming damage based on the number of players attacking you?

So you mean to say if someone has 10 people targeting them and unloading... they SHOULDN'T just explode and die?

Where's the sense in that? Focus targeting has always been the crux of group pvp. It's about the only way you can deal with teams that have an abundance of healers.

Seasoned healers can handle being focused fairly well; I'd suggest asking around for tips and tricks instead of QQ'ing about how the other team is actually focus targeting like they should be doing.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    You're a mage. You have range.

What -are- you doing on the front lines?
    where in there did i ever say i play my range class as a melee???
    i do not play my range class as a melee. thats the whole reason i roled a mage for SL. (i suck at melee) nevertheless what i said still applies.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Soulwalker

Just to add my 2 CP to this. The other day I was in a codex, playing a full chloro. I was running to dex andI came on a guy in trouble with a rouge I hit him with synthesis then used Essence Surge, this brough my healing target to roughly 80%. Directly following I began my healing rotation dpsing the rouge, yes I was indeed watching my healing targets life increase, but the rouge still killed him through me focus healing him AND this is WITH veils bugged.

Basically, the rouge never came after me untill his inital target was dead, he knew he didnt need to worry about me healing his target and outright killed him anyway. In all honestly, he should not have been able to do this, and be forced to switch targets and at least kill me " the healer" first.

I never post on here, but this actually discouraged me from playing warfronts for the rest of the day and figured I would share this expirence with you all.

I think the problem here is, abilities are scaled with PvE, but PvP gear is capped with a lot less stats. I think that sense heals can be reduced X% in WFs, so can DPS. Or specific abilities of specific classes is general can easily be coded with an auto debuff like healing to bring things "closer" in balance.

i ll give you the benetif of the doubt but i'm quite surprised , i can usually keep a non focused target alive while slacking by simply using the crapy void life on top of synthesis. when actually paying attention symbiosis + the direct dps rotation (ruin,corrosion,nature's touch...etc) plus hot/dot is pretty much god mode for ST healing and IMO the best in the game (excluding current defiler lol heals). lets not forget your 3 instant heals, not that you should need them for a 2v1.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-06-2013 at 07:37 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    i ll give you the benetif of the doubt but i'm quite surprised , i can usually keep a non focused target alive while slacking by simply using the crapy void life on top of synthesis. when actually paying attention symbiosis + the direct dps rotation (ruin,corrosion,nature's touch...etc) plus hot/dot is pretty much god mode for ST healing and IMO the best in the game (excluding current defiler lol heals). lets not forget your 3 instant heals, not that you should need them for a 2v1.
    I totally agree with you, I will say that I did not hit symbosis. I was so blown away this happened that I thought maybe guy was a hacker or something.

Rift Disciple

I don't see how anyone can say "burst is OK" with a straight face.
    Offensive chars have what, 18 to 19K health?
    I just finished getting to 60 on a char. Straight up bolster setup. I can hit an offensively specced enemy for around 10k non-crit with an EmpR/NecB combo. Those both hit at exactly the same time.
    If one of them crits, we are talking 13 - 15K damage landing instantly.
    That is taking glass-cannon a bit far, no?
    70%+ health in basically one hit (from their point of view) is a tad excessive.
    How much will it be once I am geared? 80%+?
    We are talking PuG warfronts here, they don't even see it coming. I could fire it from stealth if I have some combo points left from the last guy.
    In premade batlles people will have shields and whatnot up and a healer who reacts before my next few pewpew hits finish them off, but in PuG warfare (and that is what most people play) they won't. They'll die insanely fast.

I know someone will say "but it's their fault for speccing offensively", and that has some truth to it, but come on. We need to keep it reasonable. otherwise we can just cap offensive souls at 25 points or whatever so that everyone has to go defensive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast