Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cq sucks

Ascendant

Default Cq sucks

Fix this BS trion. Sick of having to sit in CQ for 3 hours when Oath decides to actually try to fight off the NF zerg.

Just do away with CQ all together. It would be better for everyone. It's freakin' horrible. Just garbage. Rubbish. Trash. Nonsense.

What don't you understand about this? Fire whoever came up with the idea.

Seriously, I am sitting here raging. I need something to punch. It's freaking dreadful. OMFG.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 01-05-2013 at 09:25 PM.

Then don't join it.
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Then don't join it.
    I have to.. In case you weren't aware, you have to do CQ to get certain PvP gear items (trinket for one).

It's just a stupid system all around. Total FAIL by Trion yet again.

Prophet of Telara

I despise CQ much, I really dont care if I get my trinket. And for the essence's there is no way I am going to get 1 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I have to.. In case you weren't aware, you have to do CQ to get certain PvP gear items (trinket for one).

You don't need it.
    Even free cost too much now

Mei

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    You don't need it.
    Why are you here?
    Fluent

Actually while idling like an IRC bot i met some really nice dom AFKers the other day , we had fun times talking and trashing each other and if the CQ had lasted a bit longer i'm pretty sure CyberSex would have been an option. best CQ ever.

What I don't get is why this 'scenario' doesn't have a thing in place that sort of times the process.

Or rather, CQ is the only pvp scenario where working towards the objective can create a very long, nearly circular process.

Working towards the objective in:

BG: someone will ding enough points eventually
    WF: someone will carry enough crystals or enough will pop
    Lib: someone will hold runes long enough
    Port Scion: someone will carry enough crystals
    KR: 3 sabotages and its a win.
    Codex: once the flags get picked, the game is pretty much timed.

CQ: minus eventually hitting a very high and timely kill limit, if the teams work evenly enough towards objectives and the game is fair, there is no limit in sight.

Even WF's that can be carried out a long time have time limits. Nothing forces kills, nothing forces a win over a period of time of nailing objectives. This would be like if in KR sabotaging a cannon gave you a point in turn of taking another away. Teams could go at it all day just exchanging cannons. CQ can do the same sometimes.

My beef is really the logistics of CQ. PvP is not a focal point of encouragement, but can certainly happen by proxy at times. The focus of CQ puts forth a rule set that if that kill limit didn't exist, could create infinite timed games until someone stops trying. Nothing much forces the end of a CQ if that is the way it goes.

I'd love if either something by proxy ended CQ that couldn't be stopped by players (time limits) or once the objective ball got rolling, it works towards a more linear end, not a circular struggle.

If enough time was put in I think it could have turned into a mass faction kill limit battle/struggle. Certainly would add a extra spice to the concept of death match if there was a third team racing for a kill limit. That doesn't exist in FPS. Interesting almost. Right map and you could be gold~
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-05-2013 at 10:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

the thing is even if CQ was shorter or timed , it would still suck. i'd like them to fix the sucking part !

Ascendant

Delete Conquest. Delete all backup copies of the Conquest data. Destroy any removable storage/off site storage containing the Conquest data.

Following that, turn all servers into PvP servers with no combat free zones (ie Tempest Bay) with absolutely no warning. Then we will see how good open world PvP can be - the endless battle to control Tempest Bay!!!!

Default Plan b

We just make the upgraded trinket cost more favor. Players shouldn't be pigeon holed into content they do not enjoy. Also how bout you add a 150% mount for favor and maybe a 200% mount for favor but you would need rank and or rep to be able to unlock it
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 01-05-2013 at 10:12 PM.

the 150% mount costs 1000P , i'm not sure what amount of favor would equal 1000P ..... it would have to a lot otherwise it's unfair to people who don't PvP. or it could only work to 150% in WF, 130% everywhere else.

the trinket works for PvE and PvP as well i believe so asking for favour would be detrimental to PvErs (not that i really care)

for 40 marks cq can also blow and swallow too

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    Actually while idling like an IRC bot i met some really nice dom AFKers the other day , we had fun times talking and trashing each other and if the CQ had lasted a bit longer i'm pretty sure CyberSex would have been an option. best CQ ever.
    lol you make some of the best posts
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

In a totally serious note que for Karthan Ridge only and build up your notoriety real fast to get the new trinket vs. getting it out of upgrade from CQ. Also, don't bother getting the upgrade of the new trinket. Check out the stat differences. Its like a couple of points its funny actually.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast