+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Petition to revamp PvP currency: Freelancer and Warlord Marks Espcially

Default Petition to revamp PvP currency: Freelancer and Warlord Marks Espcially

Unless I’m missing something here, we basically only can earn 30 Freelancer or Warlord marks a week. 9 marks from the weekly and 3 on the daily quests.

Looks like that roughly means Trion is limiting us to 1.5 pieces of gear a week after P60. If I’m missing something please correct me and I apologize.

Since I don’t PvE at all in Rift, this diminishes my game experience. What’s the point of having favor anymore since most of us will just stay favor capped most of the time.

Please do not limit the amount of Freelancer and Warlord marks we can earn in a week. I mean all I’m saying is, after the weekly and daily quests are done, allow us to win 1 mark per random warfront queue victory for an example.

This current set up is forcing me to play Rift less every week. I have a feeling that’s what Trion intended for some reason.

For me, I like to binge out when grinding out new gear. Forcing me to play less per week will allow my gaming ‘Obsessive Compulsive Attention Deficit Disorder (OCADD)’ to take me else where.

If you feel the same please /sign this thread.
    Last edited by DeadMoney; 01-05-2013 at 11:48 AM.
    ďÖthe devil haunts a hungry man. If you donít want to join him, you got to beat him. I ainít sayin I beat the devilÖbut I drank his beer for nothing. Then I stole his song"

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
    This current set up is forcing me to play Rift less every week.
    LOL. Yeah, you're really being forced to do anything. Or not do anything. If you don't enjoy playing PvP for the sake of PvP, what are you playing for?

There are 2 weeklies giving 9 each + 7x3 from randoms is 39 marks per week at P60, from P70 this is doubled to 78 marks per week.

Seems ok to me.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Ascendant

+21 marks when hitting 60 and 21 marks when hitting 70 (if you spared your 7 random bgs)

Once you hit p70, t2 gear flies by. But upon starting t3, since I hear the pace doesn't change at r80, my handy ti84 says 11.8 weeks or so to get all t3 gear if you play daily and complete every weekly.

I am not saying I think that is terrible. But, that is about what you are looking at. Sorry if people didn't want to realize the actual numbers I've had some tell me they'd rather not know D:
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-05-2013 at 04:17 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i d remove warlord and freelancer altogether. or bolster everybody to warlord.

Ascendant

Go back to the old system, but make it a little easier for fresh 60s

I think I would honestly be in favor if r80 was treated similar to how r70 boots currency gain.

That way the focal point of progression is more-so hitting r80, than it is accumulating the gear. R80 means you get the gear at a much quicker and easier rate. That way though, the ones that are not dedicated as heavily to pvp, will gear up slower. If you do not participate as much your currency gains will be smaller. If you are a heavier pvp participate you will earn your gear faster as you rank quicker.

If they follow through till 80, it ultimately gives more meaning to 80 (ie, less than 11.8 weeks to accumulate the gear). If you gained currency at r80 like you do for r70+ the gear would be fine. Once you are r70, full t2 is not far from sight at all. It is a rough scheme when it mathematically says to an extent, if you begin pvp it will be about 6 months until you get full pvp gear. With no way to speed it up, if there is a pvp patch in 3 months to expand gear, the scheme feels disheartening I would imagine. So indeed, if r80 followed suit like r70 for currency, I think the gear would be hard to gripe about as far as accumulation goes. It would fairly pay-off more to those who spend more time pvping, especially since the final rank is the maximum currency rank. It would already be gated well as a decent journey if you are not r80 - seems fair.

New PvP'ers/anyone could strive towards being max rank while getting a fair amount of gear along the way still. Right now pretty much only weapons are the incentive I believe.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-05-2013 at 07:27 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

When I first posted I was P60. Now Iím P65. After giving it a couple weeks to settle in, I still feel the same.

It's is nice they added the new CQ kill quest weekly and itís refreshing to know the marks double at P70. I just have a problem come every Sunday or so when I have all my weeklies done, after I get my daily wins in, thatís it no more marks.

For a pvp only player such as myself there is no incentive to log on till the next Wednesday after the weeklies are complete.

Please donít get me wrong here. The direction the pvp progression is going is good for the most part. I just think there needs to be 2 minor tweaks.

1): Please allow any random queue victory award 1 mark after the dailyís are all exhausted. I would be open to a lesser currency such as how CQ currency was handled before Storm Legion.

2): Please allow CQ ties count as a win in the weekly quest. Since a tie is counted as a win on the Leader Boards and in our achievements, it makes no sense for them not count in the weekly.

MMO players for the most part are binge players. Or at least your most loyal customers are anyways. As I mentioned before, OCADD is a real condition with binge players. Please donít give us the chance to allow our gaming desires to wonder.

On a positive note, I must commend Trion on Rift. Although I donít prefer to PvE anymore, the PvE is top notch and in my opinion the PvP is even better.

As I have done here, there will always be something to nitpick over, however the speed in which Trion responds to these issues is amazing and second to none.

To be able to cater to PvE and PvP in a balanced way, in the same MMO for the most part, is just what makes this game great and will keep it growing.
    ďÖthe devil haunts a hungry man. If you donít want to join him, you got to beat him. I ainít sayin I beat the devilÖbut I drank his beer for nothing. Then I stole his song"

Night of the Living Thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DeadMoney View Post
    For a pvp only player such as myself there is no incentive to log on till the next Wednesday after the weeklies are complete.
    PvP is its own reward. Again, if you don't enjoy it for its own sake, why are you doing it?

It's supposed to be about testing your skills against other players, not about carrots on sticks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post

PvP is its own reward. Again, if you don't enjoy it for its own sake, why are you doing it?

It's supposed to be about testing your skills against other players, not about carrots on sticks.
    I agree with you completely that's why I don't get a lot of "PvPers" posts and argument against bolstering.

I assume most people that love pvp got into it in an MMO when leveling and loved the thrill of competition yet by max level they need a carrot to pvp? Or they want gear advantages but they color the argument in such a why they deny that truth. I want even gear pvp where I lose cause you out played me.

I can learn from that and get better. Winning or losing due to gear advantages aren't much fun for either party for most people, although there is a certain challenge and gratification taking some one down higher level or gear but TTK has to allow for that possibility and with a low TTK and huge gear cap there isn't much of a chance that will happen.

There is nothing wrong with that thought process but complaining about the game and not having time = gear advantage is what I don't get in particular from those that profess to be elite. The gating they should put fluff rewards in as well to give incentive while going through the ranks so you can get r70 and buy titles or pets or a rainbow cape with favor. Then do the something at 80, there have been many good ideas posted about that, this might calm the masses.

Anyway enjoy Rift there's tons to do but world pvp or pvp zones that are free for alls minus guild mates would be awesome too.

Good day ladies and gents thanks for the forum fun keeping those of us working slouches entertained during the day.

Ascendant

Except when you do provide a carrot on a stick it forces a person to replace their justification with an external one.

I PvP, I get gear when I PvP.
    If I am not getting gear for PvPing, then why bother PvPing?

It is why rewarding children for reading a book tends to be more damaging, and why games such as Halo are infinitely more successful in a competitive scene thana game like WoW.
    Last edited by Katosu; 01-17-2013 at 01:36 PM.

I don't think DeadMoney wants to profess leet skills or have a significant advantage - he wants to feel like he's not treading water.

I feel the same way - I'm PA capped, so hitting the random button awards me with 45k XP that I have no use for. Make it a silver artifact, or 2 IS, or 5 healing pots.... anything that feels like a slight reward. Random would be even better, and a *chance* to get an extra Freelancer or Warlord mark would be sufficient to make people feel like they have a dangly bit they are trying to grab.

People don't need just an incentive to play, they need an incentive to WIN. Getting a reward for victory tends to keep people more involved and less inclined to quit or AFK until kicked, and to use PvP specs, help teammates, play better in general, etc.

People groan when their final expert boss drops a blue item. Give us the routine blue items but also put something purple in the loot table for winning a match, that's my gist.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by usman View Post
    There are 2 weeklies giving 9 each + 7x3 from randoms is 39 marks per week at P60, from P70 this is doubled to 78 marks per week.

Seems ok to me.
    Am I missing something? I thought there was only 1 weekly....what 2 weeklies are there?
    Lyrria - Deepwood
    <Godlike Awesomeness>

Plane Touched

So you're saying you don't want to advance your character at all? That you would be happy with everyone having the same gear? I know some people would love that....but not me.
    Lyrria - Deepwood
    <Godlike Awesomeness>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast