+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A honest answer for pvp

  1. #1
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,106

    Default A honest answer for pvp

    Can we please have a dev say something is being done for PVP? All we ask for is a yes or no.
    we dont need a long reply, just something that says we are not being forgotten.

    We would like to here a yes or no from Archonix if he is still around.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    pretty much this..

    would be nice
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Daglar show yourself!

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    I'm afraid there's only like 3 Devs working on this game anymore. Like 40 people were laid off. Trion doesn't care about Rift anymore, and what little they do care, their future developments will never go into PvP. It's just the way it is.

    You have two options:

    1) Stop playing Rift and go to WoW or an FPS for your PvP fill.

    2) Keep playing Rift and suffer.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 01-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    I'll go back to Guild Wars 2 if they add in a healing class, or maybe darkfall unholy wars when it comes out. Who knows, maybe TOR got better...

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

    1) Stop playing Rift and go to WoW or an FPS for your PvP fill.
    Play Quakelive with me friends.

    THEY HAVE A 1 V 1 DUEL ARENA WITH 10+ MAPS.

    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Can we please have a dev say something is being done for PVP? All we ask for is a yes or no.
    we dont need a long reply, just something that says we are not being forgotten.

    We would like to here a yes or no from Archonix if he is still around.
    Same as ive been saying to people in-game, if the devs would just acknowledge the problems with pvp and make a statement that the issues will be fixed i'd be happy knowing that the game will improve in the future, doesnt matter if it takes a little while.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Keota's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,451

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Same as ive been saying to people in-game, if the devs would just acknowledge the problems with pvp and make a statement that the issues will be fixed i'd be happy knowing that the game will improve in the future, doesnt matter if it takes a little while.
    I think something as simple as " guys we care its not out top priority but we will get to it when we do I promise" would calm a lot of people down.

    Im not sure if they realize how low moral is. Not that it isn't usually low but right now is kind of an "all time" low :P
    Zoartype@Deepwood

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    what problems? pvp is fine? the problem with most problems is: every player has his personal problems. So basically trion has to do a costumized game for everyone ... BIG task ^^

    to aceinhole: sorry m8 you have no clue. On Rift over 200 People are working. The 40 people layed of were mostly on other games or functions. I dont think a single dev was layed off, mostly art designers actually.

    Otherwise: can you share your wisdom where you read that only 3 devs are working on rift anymore?
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    what problems? pvp is fine? the problem with most problems is: every player has his personal problems. So basically trion has to do a costumized game for everyone ... BIG task ^^

    to aceinhole: sorry m8 you have no clue. On Rift over 200 People are working. The 40 people layed of were mostly on other games or functions. I dont think a single dev was layed off, mostly art designers actually.

    Otherwise: can you share your wisdom where you read that only 3 devs are working on rift anymore?
    LOL.

    And FYI at least 5 Rift Dev's were laid off - including both the warrior and cleric class dev's. Pretty significant if you ask me.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    3,865

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    LOL.

    And FYI at least 5 Rift Dev's were laid off - including both the warrior and cleric class dev's. Pretty significant if you ask me.
    and what is your source?

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara Hikos's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,391

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    and what is your source?
    They would not want to be revealed - you don't have to believe me - I'm fine with that but I'm not one to be making outlandish claims without good reason.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    I really hope zin wasnt laid off. It took 2 years for us to break him in.
    2 years for us to increase his communication.
    2 years for us to make him informative.
    2 years to make him as jaded and sarcastic as the rest of us clerics

    and now they decided to give us the mage dev? Mages are almost as big a sad sacks as warriors.

  14. #14
    Sword of Telara Atropus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    855

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I really hope zin wasnt laid off. It took 2 years for us to break him in.
    2 years for us to increase his communication.
    2 years for us to make him informative.
    2 years to make him as jaded and sarcastic as the rest of us clerics

    and now they decided to give us the mage dev? Mages are almost as big a sad sacks as warriors.
    It's sad but true, my grape soda loving friend. Kervik is now the "Caster" Dev while Ailion is the "Physical" Dev. For more proof, look who is handling Bug Threads and Balance issues in the respective boards.

    I don't like the idea of Zinbik and Atrius losing their jobs, and I dislike the idea of Ailion balancing Warriors even less. Tempest is apt to become Marksman 2.0, with WL or any VK variant becoming the new NB/RS.

    At least with us having Kervik, we'll have a lot more communication. I just don't want Clerics to end up "Mage balanced". That is to say, overtuned.
    Last edited by Atropus; 01-05-2013 at 04:42 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kyera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    5,402

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    I don't like the idea of Zinbik and Atrius losing their jobs, and I dislike the idea of Ailion balancing Warriors even less. Tempest is apt to become Marksman 2.0, with WL or any VK variant becoming the new NB/RS.
    Those would probably be nerfs given the current status of all of those callings (well, VK variants hitting NB/RS without bugs in play would be a buff).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts