+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: A honest answer for pvp

Prophet of Telara

Default A honest answer for pvp

Can we please have a dev say something is being done for PVP? All we ask for is a yes or no.
    we dont need a long reply, just something that says we are not being forgotten.

We would like to here a yes or no from Archonix if he is still around.

pretty much this..

would be nice
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Daglar show yourself!

Ascendant

I'm afraid there's only like 3 Devs working on this game anymore. Like 40 people were laid off. Trion doesn't care about Rift anymore, and what little they do care, their future developments will never go into PvP. It's just the way it is.

You have two options:

1) Stop playing Rift and go to WoW or an FPS for your PvP fill.

2) Keep playing Rift and suffer.
    Last edited by AceinHole; 01-05-2013 at 12:33 AM.

Ascendant

I'll go back to Guild Wars 2 if they add in a healing class, or maybe darkfall unholy wars when it comes out. Who knows, maybe TOR got better...

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post

1) Stop playing Rift and go to WoW or an FPS for your PvP fill.
    Play Quakelive with me friends.

THEY HAVE A 1 V 1 DUEL ARENA WITH 10+ MAPS.

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Tyaus View Post
    Can we please have a dev say something is being done for PVP? All we ask for is a yes or no.
    we dont need a long reply, just something that says we are not being forgotten.

We would like to here a yes or no from Archonix if he is still around.
    Same as ive been saying to people in-game, if the devs would just acknowledge the problems with pvp and make a statement that the issues will be fixed i'd be happy knowing that the game will improve in the future, doesnt matter if it takes a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    Same as ive been saying to people in-game, if the devs would just acknowledge the problems with pvp and make a statement that the issues will be fixed i'd be happy knowing that the game will improve in the future, doesnt matter if it takes a little while.
    I think something as simple as " guys we care its not out top priority but we will get to it when we do I promise" would calm a lot of people down.

Im not sure if they realize how low moral is. Not that it isn't usually low but right now is kind of an "all time" low :P
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Ascendant

what problems? pvp is fine? the problem with most problems is: every player has his personal problems. So basically trion has to do a costumized game for everyone ... BIG task ^^

to aceinhole: sorry m8 you have no clue. On Rift over 200 People are working. The 40 people layed of were mostly on other games or functions. I dont think a single dev was layed off, mostly art designers actually.

Otherwise: can you share your wisdom where you read that only 3 devs are working on rift anymore?
    Last edited by Antigonos; 01-05-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    what problems? pvp is fine? the problem with most problems is: every player has his personal problems. So basically trion has to do a costumized game for everyone ... BIG task ^^

to aceinhole: sorry m8 you have no clue. On Rift over 200 People are working. The 40 people layed of were mostly on other games or functions. I dont think a single dev was layed off, mostly art designers actually.

Otherwise: can you share your wisdom where you read that only 3 devs are working on rift anymore?
    LOL.

And FYI at least 5 Rift Dev's were laid off - including both the warrior and cleric class dev's. Pretty significant if you ask me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    LOL.

And FYI at least 5 Rift Dev's were laid off - including both the warrior and cleric class dev's. Pretty significant if you ask me.
    and what is your source?

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    and what is your source?
    They would not want to be revealed - you don't have to believe me - I'm fine with that but I'm not one to be making outlandish claims without good reason.

I really hope zin wasnt laid off. It took 2 years for us to break him in.
    2 years for us to increase his communication.
    2 years for us to make him informative.
    2 years to make him as jaded and sarcastic as the rest of us clerics

and now they decided to give us the mage dev? Mages are almost as big a sad sacks as warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I really hope zin wasnt laid off. It took 2 years for us to break him in.
    2 years for us to increase his communication.
    2 years for us to make him informative.
    2 years to make him as jaded and sarcastic as the rest of us clerics

and now they decided to give us the mage dev? Mages are almost as big a sad sacks as warriors.
    It's sad but true, my grape soda loving friend. Kervik is now the "Caster" Dev while Ailion is the "Physical" Dev. For more proof, look who is handling Bug Threads and Balance issues in the respective boards.

I don't like the idea of Zinbik and Atrius losing their jobs, and I dislike the idea of Ailion balancing Warriors even less. Tempest is apt to become Marksman 2.0, with WL or any VK variant becoming the new NB/RS.

At least with us having Kervik, we'll have a lot more communication. I just don't want Clerics to end up "Mage balanced". That is to say, overtuned.
    Last edited by Atropus; 01-05-2013 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    I don't like the idea of Zinbik and Atrius losing their jobs, and I dislike the idea of Ailion balancing Warriors even less. Tempest is apt to become Marksman 2.0, with WL or any VK variant becoming the new NB/RS.
    Those would probably be nerfs given the current status of all of those callings (well, VK variants hitting NB/RS without bugs in play would be a buff).
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast