+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: You should of kept warriors melee.... You need a defense vs missle mechanic.

Default You should of kept warriors melee.... You need a defense vs missle mechanic.

Or maybe a ranged/melee hybrid soul. I feel pretty strongly that trion made mages melee and warriors ranged to sorta address the kiter vs melee problem while giving customers variety.

while it may of made it so warriors can't complain about being kited. if you would of made tempest a mix of ranged and melee attacks it would of shifted the balance between melee and ranged alot more. once again pleasing customers goes to far and the focus isn't on balance.

But making the warrrior able to be a bonafide kiter was just a detrimental blow to the game in the worst way. Why because the game pre patch was already skued towards kiting now it's just over the top.. ranged kiting is just easier but teh community pretends that it takes "intelligence" give me a break.

I think rift pvp has ALOT more potential and you can stilll fix this ridiculous kiting plague.
    Whats gona fix pvp is an emphasis on balance above all else. Not appeasing QQ'ers with a false pretence.
    Last edited by Izualy; 01-04-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Like a Rift Blade?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Like a Rift Blade?
    Pretty much hence my statement about us not really needing a strictly ranged soul.

Ascendant

Ranged warriors=pandering to warriors who winged loudest (most likely dragon slayers)
    Melee mages=pandering to mages who winged loudest

Ranged warriors meant pvp changing into two groups of players standing in the same spot shooting at each other

while Sun Tzu wrote "the art of war", a great philosopher and occasional rift player named marjorin wrote "the Art of the Warrior" and i like to quote one of his most famous mentra.

Balance means that warriors have high burst damage, CC, and heal debuffs. Balance is a fully geared warrior killing you in pvp. Accept it. There is nothing overpowered or broken about the warrior class.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    while Sun Tzu wrote "the art of war", a great philosopher and occasional rift player named marjorin wrote "the Art of the Warrior" and i like to quote one of his most famous mentra.
    i chuckled!
    Last edited by BladeDancer; 01-05-2013 at 12:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    *Shakes fist* Had to log in just to like this =D
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

wot is defensif spec?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    Or maybe a ranged/melee hybrid soul. I feel pretty strongly that trion made mages melee and warriors ranged to sorta address the kiter vs melee problem while giving customers variety.

while it may of made it so warriors can't complain about being kited. if you would of made tempest a mix of ranged and melee attacks it would of shifted the balance between melee and ranged alot more. once again pleasing customers goes to far and the focus isn't on balance.

But making the warrrior able to be a bonafide kiter was just a detrimental blow to the game in the worst way. Why because the game pre patch was already skued towards kiting now it's just over the top.. ranged kiting is just easier but teh community pretends that it takes "intelligence" give me a break.

I think rift pvp has ALOT more potential and you can stilll fix this ridiculous kiting plague.
    Whats gona fix pvp is an emphasis on balance above all else. Not appeasing QQ'ers with a false pretence.
    the difference between someone who cant kite but just runs away, and someone who is truely able to kite well, is huge. MMs players dont need to be able to kite, as their class has all the tools they need to just run away. if you ever come across a MM who can kite, you'll see the difference immediately. you will NEVER catch him. ever.
    luckilly, for every 100 MMs, only one actualy knows how to kite well.

warrior ranged soul (tempest) is very different. it has no tools for running away. none. zip. nada.

other warrior souls, melee souls, do have tools for catching kiters. warlord in particular is usefull for this, as is riftblade. however, without snares nothing stays caught for long, and the disconnects for melee render the playstyle non-viable in such situations.

kiting isnt even the problem right now. the problem is that ranged hits too hard. all ranged. of every class.
    if you saw the tempest reveal, at one point they said that tempest would not hit as hard as melee souls, because it is a ranged soul. they straight out said melee should always hit harder than ranged. this is implied to apply across all classes.
    unfortunately this is not the current reality of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    wot is defensif spec?
    if mages/rogue/clerics can have viable pvp builds that dont require defensive souls and still fullfill their role, warriors should have the same.
    the fact the warriors HAVE to spec deep into tank souls to be viable in melee is a giant red flag that the class is broken.

the only viable 61pt dps builds for warriors right now are 61rb/15temp or 61temp/15rb. both play as ranged.
    try doing that with melee dps souls and you're dead before you get to use a finisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if mages/rogue/clerics can have viable pvp builds that dont require defensive souls and still fullfill their role, warriors should have the same.
    the fact the warriors HAVE to spec deep into tank souls to be viable in melee is a giant red flag that the class is broken.

the only viable 61pt dps builds for warriors right now are 61rb/15temp or 61temp/15rb. both play as ranged.
    try doing that with melee dps souls and you're dead before you get to use a finisher.
    Hmm, that's weird, all of my viable roles that don't have defensive souls involve ranged dps specs too.

Weird!
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    Pretty much hence my statement about us not really needing a strictly ranged soul.
    I was saying this all along.. they could have made para/RB range work and gave warriors a better soul.

Melee is still viable in PvP, just ask the people Wreck and I have been killing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

Cleric; Senti/Puri/Warden/Defiler: Heal specs
    Justicar: Tank Spec
    Inquis/Cabalist: Ranged spec
    so that leaves...
    Shaman/Druid: Melee specs

Yes, Shaman puts on the hurt for about 3 seconds out of every minute or so, but it also dies to a stiff breeze. LOL @ Druid being viable as a melee DPS in PVP.

As for Mage souls, I hate my Mage, so I don't have a lot of hands on with him in PVP, but from what I can tell, the only melee build for Mage is Chlorobinger, which might as well be the Mage version of NB/RS or Pala/VK.

I fail to see the comparison between Warrior melee DPS viability and all of the other callings melee DPS viability. I mean, Rogues can go ***/dancer (Assassin/Bladedancer) and be viable, but they still die when actually targeted, so... moot point.
    Last edited by Atropus; 01-05-2013 at 06:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Melee is still viable in PvP, just ask the people Wreck and I have been killing.
    They are talking about 61 para and wl for the one sec. GCD I think. They want to be able to play those specs but there isn't really a good environment where they can shine without hybrid or great pocket healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast