+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 10 indications that Trion doesn't love us following Storm Legion release. Neglect QQ.

Ascendant

Default 10 indications that Trion doesn't love us following Storm Legion release. Neglect QQ.

1. Only one new item of PvP content came with the expansion (KR). Fairly poor for an expansion really.
    2. No achievements for player kills on the new continents. Fairly simple to implement really.
    3. PvP rifts cannot be opened in the new continents. While they were poor in farming quality, they did have their uses (basically a big signal to the opposing faction) and were pretty fun when both factions were involved.
    4. No open world pvp daily quests. These facilitated open world PvP and could be pretty fun.
    5. No 150% mount can be obtained through PvP, just obtainable through a lengthy pve grind.
    6. No new or updated open world PvP faction.
    7. Synergy crystals cannot be obtained through PvP.
    8. PvE currency is required for some PvP items (minor gripe)
    9. No additional PvP planar attunement after all this time.
    10. No updates for certain PvP runes or the healing tonic (which is soooo insufficient with current hp level)

Nice to point out some points, that are floating around already. Unfortunately, I already subbed for the, but did picked up gw2 today. Just got to make sure I don't have auto pay on. Had hoped for better from trion, I was wrong. Such wasted potential, they advertised on...
    Will keep playing,til sub is up (in hopes they fix some of this). One can hope, I guess...

Ascendant

Agree on all points. Whoever designed Conquest should never work in the game design business ever again. They should find another profession.

The fact we must grind PvE content to get synergy crystals is the most ******ed nonsense I've seen from Trion yet. Hello, Trion, some of us do not want to do PvE. What about this can't you understand? Just give us back our old PvP crystals.

11 - CQ is still terrible after its "rerelease"
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-04-2013 at 05:39 PM.

Ascendant

Default What Trion did do for PvPers This Expansion

1. One new WF.
    2. More PvP items to grind and three new currencies.

Some help here? What have Trion done specifically for PvP this expansion?

So, we had the PvE expansion, when is the PvP expansion coming out?

Ascendant

The issues with balance, damage vs healing and ttk might not be so vexing if we had some new content. Patch 1.9 had as much new pvp content as Storm Legion provided... Ridiculous.

Great list, and they are all spot on and correct among what a lot of others have mentioned and in other threads.

Sadly though, Trion has never cared about PVP as we all already know. Trion could had easily crossed off a lot of this list within a few days with little to no work.

I know it would not have been hard to put PVP Rifts in the new zones, allow Synergy Crystal's obtainable through PVP as well or a shared new currency, achievements in zones, PVP dailies (to encourage it too), a mount or especially at least PVP PA Tier 2. Tier 2 should have been added a long time ago, there is no reason to delay it this long or even Tier 3 overall.

RiftScene.com - The Only RiftNerd Fansite You Need

Ascendant

I cannot think of a modern PvP mmo that I would consider better than Rift, but that isn't saying much at the moment. I am of the belief that this is actually a good opportunity for Trion. If they took our most sensible ideas and recommendations on board they could fill a hole in the market. I don't PvE, but from what I hear they are doing a great job with their raid content.
    It would be great if they could also get a grip on the PvP market.
    Imagine how things could be if they put a third of the attention into PvP that they put into PvE.

12. Gated progression for gear with minimal and pathetic upgrades to stop people from getting top tear gear in a month.

Ascendant

13. Buffed the PvP damage of souls that didn't need it and ignored every other soul.

Ascendant

14. Ignoring an entire demographic.

15.) 4,800 marks of CQ for trinket upgrade.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Soulwalker

Default PVE currency for PVP gear? Poor decision.

I completely agree with this list. What is most troubling to me is the requirement of PVE currency for PVP gear. Why am I being forced to participate in PVE? Whoever approved this action from Trion needs to be re-assigned or given the opportunity to be successful elsewhere. Trion please remove the PVE currency requirement for PVP gear or I will take my business elsewhere.

I really can't imagine why you would play Rift if you only want to play PvP. It's less than one tenth of the game content. It's like buying a fast food meal combo to eat only the sauce. I like this simile because it also reflects the current quality of the PvP content.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 01-07-2013 at 02:46 PM.

16). Removing all snares from all melee classes. Like seriously who thought that was a good idea?
    "Hey Bob you know what will make this game even better?"
    "What?"
    "Removing all melee snare ability's and forcing fights to be decided by whatever team has the most MM!"
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 01-07-2013 at 02:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast