+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: New Community Site: "Do You Even Rift?" - A lightly-moderated, PvP-centric forum.

Default New Community Site: "Do You Even Rift?" - A lightly-moderated, PvP-centric forum.

New Community Site: "Do You Even Rift?" - A lightly-moderated, PvP-centric forum.-forumbanner.jpg

Do You Even Rift?

"Do You Even Rift?" is a new site for the Rift community. At its core, "Do You Even Rift?" is a lightly moderated, PvP-centric discussion forum for Trion's flagship MMORPG. Eventually, this site may become a more fully-featured resource for the competitive side of Rift, but for now, it's pretty simple.

Do You Even Rift? - Why?

While the official forums do present themselves as a highly accessible and valuable resource for the player community at larger, and especially as a learning tool for players new to Rift, the standards and conventions employed to make sure the forums are an accommodating and wholly friendly place for this section of the community make it rather difficult for members of the PvP community to engage in the sorts of light animosity and trash-talk that help to fuel long-standing rivalries and grow PvP in an organic manner.

Thus, while the official boards still provide a good resource for new players to get their feet wet and ask questions, the creation of an off-site forum with relaxed standards and restrictions on post content serve the duel purpose of helping to grow the competitive and PvP communities in Rift while also serving to ease up the workload for those wonderful unpaid volunteers with purple names who strive to ensure that the forums are a fun place to be.

Put simply, while a conservative and sterile atmosphere might generate a "fun" "community" atmosphere for members of the community at large, PvP communities (especially in MMORPGs) tend to thrive off of the heated debates, name and shame threads, directed callouts, and intense trash-talking that do not fit the image Trion has for their official boards.

Who is this board for?

As said in the introductory board, this is a lightly-moderated, PvP-centric discussion forum. This means that it is best suited to PvP players who are not children or equipped with thin skin, though there are certainly accommodations for PvE-minded players on the board (i.e. you get a forum).

So is this board rules-free?

No, "Do You Even Rift?" will not be a free-for-all. It has moderation standards more akin to the old DAoC server boards on VN or akin to sites like EQFlames and EQ2Flames, where egregious offences are still forbidden but the stuff that would would people with thin skin is still permitted.

Once you register and sign up on the boards, be sure to give the rules a read before you can start posting, but at a glance, things like inappropriate imagery, piracy, harassment, and posting related to criminal activity are forbidden, but calling someone out, talking trash, flaming, and naming and shaming are all approved (and often encouraged).

Do you know what you're doing?

No, not at all. I'm making everything up as I go along -- including the shoddy imagery, the default colour scheme (trust me, I tried several variants), and the rather inexpensive hosting plan. But hey, someone had to take the initiative and pull the trigger, you know? Apologies in advance if the site is overloaded or if things break. If the site picks up steam or interest, we can look at investing more time and resources, but I didn't see a point in dropping a ton of money and/or time for something that could bomb and bomb hard.~

Well, that instills confidence. How do I join?

It's simple. Visit "Do You Even Rift?" and register an account. Activate your account via e-mail, and that's it. You're good to go. I mean, it is just a phpBB board, after all.

I would like to thank you in your interest, and I look forward to seeing you there.
    Last edited by Kyera; 01-04-2013 at 03:04 PM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Kyera, you are awesome!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Reminder to use this if you don't want to share your own personal email:

http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Reminder to use this if you don't want to share your own personal email:

http://10minutemail.com/10MinuteMail/index.html
    What could possibly go wrong with me having your e-mail address?
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Well, let's put it this way. Even if I 100% trust you, you can still get hacked and I lose my infos that way. If Rift gets hacked and I lose my infos that way, I just lose my novelty account and access to Rift, which should fix itself.

This is besides the point that other people may have some actual stuff associated with their Rift emails.

Oh man, I am going to register asap!

I miss the old eq2 flames forum...this is something that is going to be great for rift pvpers!
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    I thought the same until I started getting e-mails involving midgets and goats ten minutes ago!
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I thought the same until I started getting e-mails involving midgets and goats ten minutes ago!
    Forward them to me please.

Ascendant

Wow, I just got offered something that can help me enlarge my tiny genitalia. This is going to change my world.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Wow, I just got offered something that can help me enlarge my tiny genitalia. This is going to change my world.
    You get that and I get videos of kitten mittens.

Life is not fair...
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post

Wait..

I thought you would like that kind of thing being that you are a Dwarf and all..

or is that racists to think?
    Last edited by Division; 01-04-2013 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    Wait..

I thought you would like that kind of thing being that you are a Dwarf and all..

or is that racists?
    Oh I never said I didn't like it, was just shocked is all.

Only problem is most midget women don't have beards
    Last edited by Baramos; 01-04-2013 at 04:11 PM.

finally, the rift equivalent to eq2flames

PvP rage comics are reborn

awwwwwwww yeah

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast