+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Can someone explain this please ?

Default Can someone explain this please ?

A Warrior in PvP dishes out over 4million damage takes over 3.2million in damage yet only dies twice with 800k in healing taken + 200k healing done. (do I need to show a pic>?)

I openly admit I don't know the workings nor in's and out's of the class but I couldn't understand someone taking sooooo much damage with such low healing taken could survive.

There might be a simple explanation to which I would welcome, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel View Post
    (do I need to show a pic>?)
    yes please
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-04-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Gear, PA, Augments, Pod, Potions, etc.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

yeah there is a simple explanation. Shields do not count as healing taken. his fusion of flesh ( ~30k absorb every minute) and his pocket cleric shielding him.

Crescende, Beauty of War - Rank 8 Warrior
    -Do not try to solo me-
    Current Shard: Icewatch

thanks for the replies...

image for you Stryfe19

http://s8.postimage.org/sm6g1t4f9/image.png

that looks like it was an interesting warfront

alot of heals were pumped out it seems....that warrior pumped out well over 4million DMG and only got 20 KBs out of it

Ascendant

Shields are the simple answer. Probably VK Pali spec or something. Remember as well that damage done as well as all aspects of the statistics grow simply by living longer (aka pocket healer) over those that don't have a pocket healer, die, and rez to run back to the battle. Sometimes as a mage chloro I'm top or near top heals and also up there in dps as well simply because I lived longer then most to dish out the continuous damage. Also aoe damage < ST damage and not as effective but pads numbers. Was it a port fight?

1v1 he probably wouldn't seem so tough. In the middle of a heal fest they shine.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-04-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charvel View Post
    A Warrior in PvP dishes out over 4million damage takes over 3.2million in damage yet only dies twice with 800k in healing taken + 200k healing done. (do I need to show a pic>?)

I openly admit I don't know the workings nor in's and out's of the class but I couldn't understand someone taking sooooo much damage with such low healing taken could survive.

There might be a simple explanation to which I would welcome, thanks.
    With kiting running rampant in wf's, I think a class thats a melee minority should be able to do this. without any healing a warrior can get focused by ranged so quickly by a group that anyone of those ranged can get the kill.

we barely block anything even if we cast aggressive block. ranged can drop a warrior in secs and its pathetic pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Izualy View Post
    With kiting running rampant in wf's, I think a class thats a melee minority should be able to do this. without any healing a warrior can get focused by ranged so quickly by a group that anyone of those ranged can get the kill.

we barely block anything even if we cast aggressive block. ranged can drop a warrior in secs and its pathetic pvp.
    There is nothing special about what he was able to do. The other post already nailed it. It's the fact scoreboards show out-going damage/incoming damage when it hits a shield, but a shield doesn't register on the scoreboard as a heal.

What does this have any to do with the OP? Any calling/soul can produce these results if they shields/strong heals in a less than total glass spec. Don't worry, warriors won't get nerfed because scoreboards don't register shields. Devs aren't that mindless.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    There is nothing special about what he was able to do.
    Shields or not, taking 3.2 million dmg and only dying twice is impressive to me.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Damage comes in, damage goes out. You can't explain that.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    that looks like it was an interesting warfront

alot of heals were pumped out it seems....that warrior pumped out well over 4million DMG and only got 20 KBs out of it
    Standing at the bridge AEing for 45 minutes does not mean KBs, as is obvious here, it is easily negated by AE heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    There is nothing special about what he was able to do. The other post already nailed it. It's the fact scoreboards show out-going damage/incoming damage when it hits a shield, but a shield doesn't register on the scoreboard as a heal.

What does this have any to do with the OP? Any calling/soul can produce these results if they shields/strong heals in a less than total glass spec. Don't worry, warriors won't get nerfed because scoreboards don't register shields. Devs aren't that mindless.
    What do you mean what does this have to do with the OP hes complaining about a melee which is few and far between. My intent shouldnt even be questioned and anyone in their right mind wouldn't blame me for trying to keep awareness about this annoying state of pvp.

You have most people here expecting warriors to get in melee range with a shield and have same or less surviva as everyone else? Doesnt matter anyway because Like i said ranged spam still drops the latest surviva warr go to spec very quickly.
    Last edited by Izualy; 01-04-2013 at 01:59 PM.

+ Reply to Thread