• 1 Post By Thedarkside
  • 1 Post By Thedarkside
  • 1 Post By Byona
  • 3 Post By Eughe
  • 1 Post By Byona
  • 2 Post By Atropus

Thread: I want to clarify something.

Default I want to clarify something.

I think my last post in Wreckoning's thread titled: "whatever", that got the chop a little bit ago, was misunderstood as a criticism of Wreckoning, or of the people he mentioned. In fact this was a criticism and a stab at the same people Wreckoning was directing his post at. It was my fault for not being more clear, and this is an attempt to do that. Ive got no issue with Wreckoning or any of the clerics he mentioned. I have seen these players, most of them, and they are noteworthy.
    Last edited by Anathemus; 01-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.
    "The thousand little pieces of my life, which I have tried so hard to hold onto, are slipping through my fingers again. Each time I have to pick them back up, my hands seem a little smaller. Don't pity me, kill me. Just be gentle." -from my hour of need-

Telaran

I was in the middle of typing my response in that thread before it got locked, so I'll just post it all here...

There is no need to create another thread just to get "revenge" on one player. The reality is you don't actually prove anything by saying these other clerics are better just because they survived your dps in a duel for a longer duration.

Here is the simple truth, and I hope the majority of pvp'rs in Rift understand this: there is no such thing as "the best players" for pvp in this game. There is no such thing as the best clerics, mages, rogues, warriors, etc. There is no definite way of measuring one's skill in this game. 5v5's in this game are not a judgment of skill, nor are duels to see how long you last versus someone.

PvP was created in this game not to showcase yourself as the better player amongst others. Rather, it is just a form of content where players are here to play for the sake of having fun.

I don't consider myself "the best player", nor do I think of anyone else as having such an entitlement. In fact, everyone I've seen that thought they are truly better than others actually isn't. If any player were here to compare their skill to the best players in other games (q3, WoW, sc1/2, cod promod, cs 1.6, etc), the difference would be very noticeable.

Instead of having players think they are better than others or cause drama, the majority of players should just learn to get along with each other and pvp for the fun it has to offer. You are alienating yourself from others and dividing the Rift pvp community into smaller groups by fighting with each other about things that don't mean anything in this game.

I hope the mods don't close this thread. I just wanted to clarify something that, for some reason, many players seem to care about, yet has no significance.

Veeru/Lastofpride

Quote Originally Posted by veeru View Post
    I was in the middle of typing my response in that thread before it got locked, so I'll just post it all here...

There is no need to create another thread just to get "revenge" on one player. The reality is you don't actually prove anything by saying these other clerics are better just because they survived your dps in a duel for a longer duration.

Here is the simple truth, and I hope the majority of pvp'rs in Rift understand this: there is no such thing as "the best players" for pvp in this game. There is no such thing as the best clerics, mages, rogues, warriors, etc. There is no definite way of measuring one's skill in this game. 5v5's in this game are not a judgment of skill, nor are duels to see how long you last versus someone.

PvP was created in this game not to showcase yourself as the better player amongst others. Rather, it is just a form of content where players are here to play for the sake of having fun.

I don't consider myself "the best player", nor do I think of anyone else as having such an entitlement. In fact, everyone I've seen that thought they are truly better than others actually isn't. If any player were here to compare their skill to the best players in other games (q3, WoW, sc1/2, cod promod, cs 1.6, etc), the difference would be very noticeable.

Instead of having players think they are better than others or cause drama, the majority of players should just learn to get along with each other and pvp for the fun it has to offer. You are alienating yourself from others and dividing the Rift pvp community into smaller groups by fighting with each other about things that don't mean anything in this game.

I hope the mods don't close this thread. I just wanted to clarify something that, for some reason, many players seem to care about, yet has no significance.

Veeru/Lastofpride
    I agree with the community part, I just got a little heated over one response. Don't sell yourself short though; you're a really good rogue.

hikos is definetely the worst player though.

Tensions are high because pvp is in a dire state. Usually we would arguing about mechanics or w/e but that's been talk to death without there being any change, so fighting amongst each other is the next step.

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Tensions are high because pvp is in a dire state. Usually we would arguing about mechanics or w/e but that's been talk to death without there being any change, so fighting amongst each other is the next step.
    Jillfromacountings Noun hit's for 1673 damage.

so we should blame trion for players playing stupid on forums, i like the idea
    also fix conquest it blows !

Can we have a fight club? **** i just broke the First Rule

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    so we should blame trion for players playing stupid on forums, i like the idea
    also fix conquest it blows !
    Not necessaily blame them, but what happens when people run out of things to talk about? Especially when they aren't particularly in a good mood?

Tolerance tends to be weakened and cattiness ensues.

But I'm a drama hoar so keep it coming!

Quote Originally Posted by eughe View Post
    but i'm a drama hoar so keep it coming!
    eu > na .
    Last edited by Byona; 01-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Quote Originally Posted by Byona View Post
    eu > na

Lol maybe 200 years ago.

Lol maybe 200 years ago.
    no nao! notice how NA players tend to talk big on forums, rarely see EU(usually just Saia, who's bad, which proves my point)? that speaks volumes of the quality of said players.
    See you all in Wildstar!

Not necessaily blame them, but what happens when people run out of things to talk about? Especially when they aren't particularly in a good mood?

Tolerance tends to be weakened and cattiness ensues.

But I'm a drama hoar so keep it coming!
    i personaly blame the stupid and the gigantic egos !
    still that was some good drama, 7,5/10 ! lacked a few IRL compromising pictures to reach an 8.

I like how the only topics on this section of the forums that gets any sort of mod/gm notice is the ones where peoples feelings get hurt. Maybe if they spent more time reading the concerns of the players, instead of playing at being janitors, there would be some progress.

+ Reply to Thread