+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Please Don't Change Conquest

Ascendant

Default Please Don't Change Conquest

Conquest is in a pretty good state right now. If I join at the beginning of a game I will have to do something that I don't like for an indeterminate amount of time, possibly exceeding three hours to get the only thing that matters (the marks).
    If I join when the five minute timer starts I am guaranteed to get the only thing I want from conquest within five minutes and avoid the really annoying part of conquest (the objectives and the poor excuse for pvp combat, well most of it really). During the time I am waiting for the timer I can be doing warfronts, which are a vastly superior pvp experience, or begging people for duels in Tempest, which is also a better form of pvp.

So please Trion, leave things the way they are.

it actually breaks my heart to discover that people only join for the marks. i'm a day one fan of conquest and i'm absolutely chocked by your statement. i would play conquest over anything else even if there were no marks cause it's the true essence of PvP in this game.

you sir, should be ashamed of yourself. that kind of heresy should not be tolerated on the pvp forums.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 01-03-2013 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Conquest is in a pretty good state right now. If I join at the beginning of a game I will have to do something that I don't like for an indeterminate amount of time, possibly exceeding three hours to get the only thing that matters (the marks).
    If I join when the five minute timer starts I am guaranteed to get the only thing I want from conquest within five minutes and avoid the really annoying part of conquest (the objectives and the poor excuse for pvp combat, well most of it really). During the time I am waiting for the timer I can be doing warfronts, which are a vastly superior pvp experience, or begging people for duels in Tempest, which is also a better form of pvp.

So please Trion, leave things the way they are.
    troll radar is picking something up........ blip blip blip
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward,
    Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both,
    For a wounded man shall say to his assailant "If I die you are forgiven...."

"If I live, I will kill YOU"
    such is the rule of honour.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    troll radar is picking something up........ blip blip blip
    heh.
    Seriously though, we all know the only reason we play cq is because there is no alternative. Get rid of the marks and no one would ever want to queue NF, NF queue problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    heh.
    Seriously though, we all know the only reason we play cq is because there is no alternative. Get rid of the marks and no one would ever want to queue NF, NF queue problem solved.
    Sadly, its true..... 60 chat on my shard is usually quiet except for the usual trolling and every few hours "CQ Timer?" or "5 min timer started"

Quote Originally Posted by DemonRage View Post
    Sadly, its true..... 60 chat on my shard is usually quiet except for the usual trolling and every few hours "CQ Timer?" or "5 min timer started"
    every now and then i like to randomly announce things like "Oath just started the timer, NF at 5%" or "<Random Big Guild> has a premade raid on Dom and is tearing %$&# up, get in now for easy marks".

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    every now and then i like to randomly announce things like "Oath just started the timer, NF at 5%" or "<Random Big Guild> has a premade raid on Dom and is tearing %$&# up, get in now for easy marks".
    thats almost as good as my idea to spawn a volan every hour for 3 hours during raid times

so i guess conquest is fun after all, i was just playing it wrong

lol, i bet there's someone on every server that does that. ;)

ok that being said. some of the matches are still hell fun. some are just, ... so not.
    Last edited by Charlice; 01-03-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    lol, i bet there's someone on every server that does that. ;)

ok that being said. some of the matches are still hell fun. some are just, ... so not.
    CQ catches a lot of ****, but for our cluster the NF dominance is quickly evaporating during peak hours. The Dom were actually a factor tonight in one match, hitting 55% twice. It went to the kill count and a solid Oath win (wooo I usually queue Oath), and the consensus was "hey this was fun".

Zergs of 150 slamming head to head, all of the teams fluctuating from 0%-5% to 50+ multiple times, activity all over the map - it was great chaos and entertainment. CQ needs tweaks for sure, but the player's brains need conditioning more than anything.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

once you get past the whole one frame per second thing its almost semi enjoyable if AOE spamming is your thing.

I personally like being in a 5 man and harassing lolzergs while kiting them half way across the map as our team caps all the objectives. thats about the only "fun" thing i can find about conquest.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Telaran

Default totally agree here

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    CQ catches a lot of ****, but for our cluster the NF dominance is quickly evaporating during peak hours. The Dom were actually a factor tonight in one match, hitting 55% twice. It went to the kill count and a solid Oath win (wooo I usually queue Oath), and the consensus was "hey this was fun".

Zergs of 150 slamming head to head, all of the teams fluctuating from 0%-5% to 50+ multiple times, activity all over the map - it was great chaos and entertainment. CQ needs tweaks for sure, but the player's brains need conditioning more than anything.
    I got lucky and queue oath as well.. and totally agree here, that was the best game in over week...and not becasue I was on the winning team, it was as Fujitasix stated..

Default randomize queues

Quote Originally Posted by impactnow View Post
    I got lucky and queue oath as well.. and totally agree here, that was the best game in over week...and not becasue I was on the winning team, it was as Fujitasix stated..
    Look down, look back up, where are you? You're on a mount, with a match your CQ could be like.

Wouldn't it be cool if they found a way for every match to be this way? If only there were some worthwhile suggestions on the forums somewhere. Hmmmmm...

I'm on a horse.

Ascendant

another evidence the players make pvp not the devs ...

i agree conquest needs tweaking, but most tweaking has to be done in players heads actually ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    another evidence the players make pvp not the devs ...

i agree conquest needs tweaking, but most tweaking has to be done in players heads actually ...
    Not really, if they'd block queuing for one faction until the other two had equal numbers of players...
    Maybe they already do, but I really doubt it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayeth View Post
    Defiants evil soul suckers
    Elegance - 60 rogue
    Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast