+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Lokken`

Thread: AoE PvP damage and disparity between classes.

Prophet of Telara

Default AoE PvP damage and disparity between classes.

Some time ago AoE PvP was nefred hard. Dmg reduction talent was added to PvP PA and also in 1.11 all PvP AoE dmg got additional flat nerf. This has made Stormcaller totaly useless in PvP. I`m r71 now with Freelancer weapons and I hit for less then I did at lvl 50 at rank 6 (old rank system).

Warrior and Cleric pure AoE souls (Champion and Cabalist) aren`t very impressive either.

If the Devs want the Aoe dmg to be low in PvP then it`s ok. I can understand that. At some point it was really out off hand and needed a nerf.

However I don`t understand why this rule does not apply to Rogues (yes, yes another rogue QQ thread). Both Tactician and Saboteur are doing significantly more dmg then other pure AoE specs from other classes.

For example let`s compare the SC and Tactician.

SC has very low defense, requires a lot of buildup time, isn`t very mobile, does low dmg, it is very dependent on cds to build elec stacks (casting FL 5 times sucks hard) and is vulnerable to cleanses (both Elec and Hypo can be cleansed).

Tactician does insane dmg - Infernal Torrent can hit up to 1400 a tick (non-crit, ticks every 0.5 sec) in a full dps build and debuff from Glacial Torrent. This is a equivalent to my pure dps 61/10/5 Sc/Dom/Harb build with 5 elec stacks. With that setup my Forked lightning hits for 800-1000 (non-crit every 1.5 second). The disparity of dmg is huge. On top of that Tactician is very mobile (you can move while casting torrents), got self heals and can heal others, got some party buffs, has higher ST dmg, torrent debuffs can`t be dispelled (I'm not 100 % sure of that) and works very well with RS for extra mobility and survivability (at the expense of firepower).

Only a blind-man wouldn't see how imbalanced these souls are. I have screens to prove the numbers I`ve posted but I think everyone who plays WFs a lot knows how hard Tactician can hit and how weak the Stormcaller is (well actually most of you probably don`t know because noone plays SC now).

Is some Dev actually comparing the effectiveness of specs between classes ? How come every AoE spec suck except Rogues ?

Either buff other callings or bring Rogue AoE in line with others.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Don't worry. Word on the street is Ailion is now in charge of melee classes (Warrior and Rogue), so I'm sure Champion will be pretty boss soon enough.

Oh, that wasn't the answer you were looking for, was it?

Shadowlander

In my experience, very little would change if they removed the SC soul entirely (granted I don't raid). PVP viability is limited to PoS and maybe Karthan Ridge, and even then the damage requires a lot of buildup and is still countered by passive splash healing. Better off playing a burst spec and trying to kill a healer, as low AE damage generates no pressure.

There's virtually no opportunity to use 8+ target AE where SC really shines while leveling or in 5 mans, and other specs provide enough AE with a lot better ST damage.

he lokken is still around. I hated that guy during the age of stormcaller and later the age of pyrodom
    Last edited by Killhim; 01-04-2013 at 03:46 AM.

Crescende, Beauty of War - Rank 8 Warrior
    -Do not try to solo me-
    Current Shard: Icewatch

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Atropus View Post
    Don't worry. Word on the street is Ailion is now in charge of melee classes (Warrior and Rogue), so I'm sure Champion will be pretty boss soon enough.

Oh, that wasn't the answer you were looking for, was it?

If this is true, then maybe I wont have to make my Rogue my main. Heres hoping

+ Reply to Thread