+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fastest mount

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Avind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default Fastest mount

    As it stands the fastest mount available is obtained through max rep with a a specific SL PVE faction.


    As an alternative, why not make it available through max rep with a specific SL PVP (KR) faction?
    Last edited by Avind; 01-03-2013 at 08:38 AM.


    Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    3,918

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    As it stands the fastest mount available is obtained through max rep with a a specific SL PVE faction.


    As an alternative, why not make it available through max rep with a specific SL PVP (KR) faction?
    You don't need max rep.
    I believe eternal city survivors provides a 150% speed mount at revered.
    I agree with your idea.

    Would be nice to have a PvP version.
    Last edited by Katosu; 01-03-2013 at 08:48 AM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Mirimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,501

    Default

    should be one of those giant worms with the sniz on their face for a mount, with armor, and maybe lasers
    Last edited by Mirimon; 01-03-2013 at 02:45 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Only conflict I see is usually PvP stuff costs favor. The mount in game costs 1,000 plat. Simply making it a pvp rep with a cost of favor is, imo, less 'costly' than paying 1,000 plat for one. Not that I relish in paying 1,000 plat for a mount but, it is clear that is the price tag they sort of want on 150% mounts right now. If you ask me 1,000p is easier than doing the lucky horseshoe one So that is fair.

    I would dig a new pvp mount, hopefully again, unique ones for each faction. Exclusive items usually makes them more desirable and L33tz0r. I just don't know what their way of giving it a lateral 'price-tag' would be. Unless they made it like a rank 80 mount. Then requiring the progression of being rank 80 would probably warrant enough price-tag to the item to make it cost only rep + favor.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-03-2013 at 04:42 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,989

    Default

    I agree that a r80 mount with a favor cost is a good idea, a 300k favor mount wouldn't really mean much anymore in terms of cost

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,995

    Default

    You grind pve for money or you grind pvp for favor, either way its an equal amount of investment.

    They did have mounts for favor and/or at certain rep prior to SL. Honestly I don't know why they didn't continue that idea into SL since you can get the 90/120 ones through favor/rep pvp side. Oh yea...they didn't put much thought into pvp. Go figure! Couldn't even copy already implemented ideas. Shish.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Only conflict I see is usually PvP stuff costs favor. The mount in game costs 1,000 plat. Simply making it a pvp rep with a cost of favor is, imo, less 'costly' than paying 1,000 plat for one. Not that I relish in paying 1,000 plat for a mount but, it is clear that is the price tag they sort of want on 150% mounts right now. If you ask me 1,000p is easier than doing the lucky horseshoe one So that is fair.

    I would dig a new pvp mount, hopefully again, unique ones for each faction. Exclusive items usually makes them more desirable and L33tz0r. I just don't know what their way of giving it a lateral 'price-tag' would be. Unless they made it like a rank 80 mount. Then requiring the progression of being rank 80 would probably warrant enough price-tag to the item to make it cost only rep + favor.
    But really, if you think about it..it works out to be the same, because most pvpers are poor.

    Because all we do is pvp. So the favor *is* our money.

    Off topic, I'd love to hear more about the ideas you have for ladder rankings/wf/etc/
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,270

    Default

    Doesn't have to be favor. Right now we have freelancer marks, conquest marks, warlord marks. And even if it's favor, it could just be a req to have an earlier mount as well.

    Not sure if it's possible but they could also just make the earlier pvp one required for the later ones. Like what the current gear progression is like. 200k favor for 60%. 60%+another 225k for the 90%. 90%+250k additional favor for the 110%. 275K for 130% and finally 300k for the 150%. Favor is basically useless at high levels. Everything is gated via marks. But at least this way you'll need 1.25m favor for the 150%.

    Personally, I disagree with adding yet another grind of any sorts. The road to r80 is plenty and the 150% would be nice as a free(or cheap) reward.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Fiasco3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,156

    Default

    I don't see how the price tag is an issue. There are so many currencies and progression lockouts they can use. R60, R70, R80, favor, many different types of marks...

    Also, I don't know about you guys but PvPing doesn't net you **** for Platinum. For someone who only pvps, I don't know how you go about affording a 1k mount...

  10. #10
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    make 1 that cost conquest marks, 4800 should be fair.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser parangea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mire View Post
    make 1 that cost conquest marks, 4800 should be fair.
    no no no
    just...just no...
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Verysneaky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    101

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Avind View Post
    As it stands the fastest mount available is obtained through max rep with a a specific SL PVE faction.


    As an alternative, why not make it available through max rep with a specific SL PVP (KR) faction?
    There is one other way to get the 150% speed mount other than faction. If you have 200 lucky coins you can get one from the artifact collector.
    Elitest@Seastone

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser Stryfe19's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    360

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Verysneaky View Post
    There is one other way to get the 150% speed mount other than faction. If you have 200 lucky coins you can get one from the artifact collector.
    the lucky coins should be pretty easy to acquire...there are sooooo many cheap/easy artifact sets to collect (i'm not saying they're all cheap...but scrounging up 200 shouldnt' be that bad)

    That being said...I think a PVP 150% would be cool, and I support adding one for sure
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-04-2013 at 08:08 AM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Vioarr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    2,433

    Default

    Revered is so fast for Eternal City Survivor, even faster than KR rep. Just do the storyline quests in each zone on the continent and you'll get more than enough rep to hit revered.

    You know if they add a PvP mount it is likely to require conquest marks which would be infinitly more terrible than spending a couple of nights doing quests you outlevel.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Leif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,219

    Default

    I'd like to see any PVP 150% mount just be P70 required and costing favor cap.

    I think that's enough of an equivalent time investment compared to the PVE mounts, without having to grind one specific PVP map.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts