+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: OMG Nightfall is Coming

Ascendant

Default OMG Nightfall is Coming

I've done two Conquests since resubbing and this is all I hear in raid chat. "OMG, Nightfall is coming, RUN." It's so pathetic it's almost comical.

But, I agree with the QQ'ers in that Trion failed hard with the stupid idea to let people pick factions. Just randomize them already. No one gives a crap about PvP lore and no one will complain if they can't join faction XYZ for 20 minutes during a conquest.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails OMG Nightfall is Coming-stark-winter-coming-game-thrones-11.jpg  

is conquest enabled again?
    saw somewhere around here it was disabled, your post indicates is back?

"Look to your sins lord renly, the nightfall is dark and full of terrors"

Plane Touched

we want random queue!!!!!!!

Randoom que alone wouldnt make conquest more fun. Dont get me wrong i support randoom que but they need to change more than that. When they only add randoom que we will have endless matches, we allrdy have that when Oath is even with NF then CQ lasts for 3-4 hours

So I queued Oath last night to get my 100 marks (daily 60 + losing 50) and...

Wow. I see why Nightfall rolls you guys all the time.
    • Your zerg is non-existing. I heard one person ask where to meet everyone at and he was fed a bunch of smart remarks like "look at the map". Nightfall will always tell you what extractor they're on their way to.
    • You don't upgrade turrets or fortify them with stones. I shouldn't even have to explain why this helps slow down their zerg and helps you keep points for longer, but someone nearly sprained their genitals at me when I suggested this in game.
    • You have no healers. I was in a raid with 12 rogues. There were some fights where cleanses were being ignored and people were killing themselves to mass betrayal or whatever dom spell that makes people blow themselves up.
    • There is no coordination. No one saying go for "A, B then skip C, we'll wipe them at D and come back to C". It's just kind of... fly by your pants.
    • There are people constantly leaving the raid and new people coming in.
    • You have a lot of AFK people. Hahah.

This was on a Wednesday evening so I don't know if this is the 'usual' oath, but considering how I'm mostly on Nightfall and your groups get flattened very quickly... I'm going to believe this is a usual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    is conquest enabled again?
    saw somewhere around here it was disabled
    Seems to be still active here in Europe (Icewatch) didn't see anyone in chat say anything so i assume it didn't go off at anytime here?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post

• Your zerg is non-existing. I heard one person ask where to meet everyone at and he was fed a bunch of smart remarks like "look at the map". Nightfall will always tell you what extractor they're on their way to.
    • You don't upgrade turrets or fortify them with stones. I shouldn't even have to explain why this helps slow down their zerg and helps you keep points for longer, but someone nearly sprained their genitals at me when I suggested this in game.
    • You have no healers. I was in a raid with 12 rogues. There were some fights where cleanses were being ignored and people were killing themselves to mass betrayal or whatever dom spell that makes people blow themselves up.
    • There is no coordination. No one saying go for "A, B then skip C, we'll wipe them at D and come back to C". It's just kind of... fly by your pants.

This was on a Wednesday evening so I don't know if this is the 'usual' oath, but considering how I'm mostly on Nightfall and your groups get flattened very quickly... I'm going to believe this is a usual thing.
    exactly, and random queue would change NOTHING of that actually ... its the players making cq no fun ...

Plane Touched

I agree that random queues would help, but you have to admit, this is a player created problem.

A lot of people now eachother ingame and with the ability to chat cross server it's not too hard to set up a premade raid or two to get in to Dominion and battle the NF zerg.
    The NF zerg is just numbers for the most part. Just a headless chicken in front followed by a million sheep.

There are guild out there that have 50+ members and most their members join CQ seperatly so they can get in NF and don't have to be alone. Instead of all just joining Dominion together and making a stand.

I would like to see Trion do something about it, but I'd very much prefer the community to quit being lazy ****s and do something about it themselves. Cause the option is there.

I'm also not saying it's easy to do cause people in general are just daft. But it's still an option.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post

Whereas I can only judge things from my own experiences on the EU side, that pretty much sums it up. I'd rather join Oath in principle (which I did on occasion in the past), in order to help coordinate what hopefully might become an interesting and "suspense-packed" match vs. NF (or even Dom respectively), but after having witnessed the entire absurdity of what you describe firsthand, I can't be arsed to even try anymore.
    Cornucopia - lvl60 Rogue -|- R80 [Brutwacht EU] - | - Guild: Vanen

Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    I agree that random queues would help, but you have to admit, this is a player created problem.

A lot of people now eachother ingame and with the ability to chat cross server it's not too hard to set up a premade raid or two to get in to Dominion and battle the NF zerg.
    The NF zerg is just numbers for the most part. Just a headless chicken in front followed by a million sheep.

There are guild out there that have 50+ members and most their members join CQ seperatly so they can get in NF and don't have to be alone. Instead of all just joining Dominion together and making a stand.

I would like to see Trion do something about it, but I'd very much prefer the community to quit being lazy ****s and do something about it themselves. Cause the option is there.

I'm also not saying it's easy to do cause people in general are just daft. But it's still an option.
    type /who, and then all guilds one by one?
    point the one that has many members online at a time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast