+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Freelancer Marks

Default Freelancer Marks

I can only find 3 ways to obtain Freelancer marks. Daily random warfront, and the 2 weeklies. So this adds up to 39 marks/week. Are there other ways of obtaining marks?

It seems to me that playing more is a penalty rather than a reward. Constantly being favor capped and unable to obtain the currency to upgrade my gear doesn't make much sense to me. There's only so much fluff you can buy with favor before there's literally nothing else to spend it on.

I'm hoping I'm missing a way to obtain marks, so let me know if I am.

Also, can you guys put in a 150% mount that we can obtain through PvP in some way? If there is one I do not know about it, but would like to get one. I don't see why I have to grind PvE faction to get a mount, you had a PvP mount for level 50. I keep getting outrun by PvE heroes in conquests!!

Its Trions way of unintentionally telling you to sub to another game to get your PvP fix or start taking up PvE as a past time.

Either way they dont want you to gear up fast because that would require them to create more content or gear upgrades which clearly is not their forte.
    Zoartype@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I can only find 3 ways to obtain Freelancer marks. Daily random warfront, and the 2 weeklies. So this adds up to 39 marks/week. Are there other ways of obtaining marks?
    Once you hit r70 you will get 78 freelancer marks a week.

Once you start buying warlord gear, if you do every daily and every weekly it should take approximately 4 months. (11.8 weeks I think I got). Which is fine by me, will end up being an early birthday present - fully geared out :O
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Anyone know how many freelancer marks you can get from r80 dailies? Since I think that by the time I get to r80 I will still be needing to buy the r60 and 70 pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by smoked View Post
    Anyone know how many freelancer marks you can get from r80 dailies? Since I think that by the time I get to r80 I will still be needing to buy the r60 and 70 pieces.
    I heard a few say that you don't get an increase at r80. Can't say first hand, but a few chimed in to support the notion when I saw it asked.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Man now i really wish GW2 didn't suck =(

I'm actually happy to see this thread as I *****ed about this in /g last night constantly but nobody really seemed to care

I just hit r60 yesterday which I was all excited for as I would be ablet finally upgrade that mercenary gear....I hadn't done my research to realize that the freelancer's marks were an added currency I would need

it's so frustrating that i can pvp till my eyes pop out but I still can't get any more freelancer's marks It really takes away my drive to queue for things after i get my 3 for daily and the weeklies....I realize PVP is fun and I shoudl queue for fun, which I do from time to time...but when im chasing the carrot on the end of the stick I feel alot better, MMOs have conditioned me this way

I found myself working on some PVE achievements after getting my daily last night
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 01-03-2013 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stryfe19 View Post
    I'm actually happy to see this thread as I *****ed about this in /g last night constantly but nobody really seemed to care

I just hit r60 yesterday which I was all excited for as I would be ablet finally upgrade that mercenary gear....I hadn't done my research to realize that the freelancer's marks were an added currency I would need

it's so frustrating that i can pvp till my eyes pop out but I still can't get any more freelancer's marks It really takes away my drive to queue for things after i get my 3 for daily and the weeklies....I realize PVP is fun and I shoudl queue for fun, which I do from time to time...but when im chasing the carrot on the end of the stick I feel alot better, MMOs have conditioned me this way

I found myself working on some PVE achievements after getting my daily last night
    No offense as I know other people feel this way as well but I just don't get it really. If you don't enjoy pvp why are you doing it? Is it only for the gear?

I recall the first time my noob *** stepped into pvp years ago with my friend in my first mmo I never had so much fun. The gear didnt matter after that I pvp'd non stop I am sure most people felt that way initially as they fell in love with pvping.

I am just curious where that all changed? I understand insentive to do something but if you love it or the thrill of it I don't see how marks or whatever should really matter. Maybe I am being nieve or most people don't actually enjoy Rift pvp there was a time I didn't so I moved to other games and pvp. Sure pvp has issues but bolstering is a good idea gating might not be but what occurs if they speed the process up then people stop pvping because there is no carrot as well it would seem.

Sorry for rambling

Quote Originally Posted by Sibylla View Post
    No offense as I know other people feel this way as well but I just don't get it really. If you don't enjoy pvp why are you doing it? Is it only for the gear?

I recall the first time my noob *** stepped into pvp years ago with my friend in my first mmo I never had so much fun. The gear didnt matter after that I pvp'd non stop I am sure most people felt that way initially as they fell in love with pvping.

I am just curious where that all changed? I understand insentive to do something but if you love it or the thrill of it I don't see how marks or whatever should really matter. Maybe I am being nieve or most people don't actually enjoy Rift pvp there was a time I didn't so I moved to other games and pvp. Sure pvp has issues but bolstering is a good idea gating might not be but what occurs if they speed the process up then people stop pvping because there is no carrot as well it would seem.

Sorry for rambling
    I enjoy PVP big time or I just wouldn't do it at all, and I only speak for myself when I say I enjoy pretty much all aspects of the game (I haven't made a dimension yet...I haven't explored that part of the game yet) so when I see achievements and rewards for other parts of the game, I want to work on them too (i know alot of people think achievements are stupid...I don't, I like them as a way of kind of keeping track of what I've done) so when I get my max marks from warfronts in a day (3) i'm faced with the choice...keep pvping which is fun, or work on some pve achievements, which are also really fun, but also provide rewards in addition to the fun, which is like double-fun

I like doing wf's , i dont like doing conquest, so of course they put a cap on wf marks, but none on conquest marks, i can get all my wf marks for the week in a few hours of play, i recently got my trink upgrade from cq, so spending a lot of time in that mess is not gonna happen.

Luckily i just like to kill people and work on the multitude of pvp achievements in wfs or i would probably quit.

Strictly gated progression like the Freelancer marks turn me off big time. I like to finish one character before starting on the next, and this has crushed my incentive to cap 4 characters and gear them out.

Not going to happen, and I won't have the unbiased perspective of playing all 4 classes with the best gear.

Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

Some genius on the Rift team thought, "Hey, you know what PVP'ers love? PVE! So we'll give them an equivalent, but slower, currency grind. They'll love it!"

Marks should be in place for winning warfronts, and the dailies and weeklies should just be extra perks.
    Waiting for Wildstar...

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    Strictly gated progression like the Freelancer marks turn me off big time. I like to finish one character before starting on the next, and this has crushed my incentive to cap 4 characters and gear them out.

Not going to happen, and I won't have the unbiased perspective of playing all 4 classes with the best gear.

Funny you said this, just yesterday i was working on my rogue alt, and began thinking about all the faction grinds, then the pvp grind, and i logged him off, and said screw it, no way am i going thru that again.

I enjoy PvP, but with no incentive I'll just PvP less. I enjoy grinding things out. With no grind, I'll only do it for the fun. Maybe I'm crazy but I'll always be an EQ player and grinding has never bothered me. If I know I'll be rewarded for it I'm all in.

Queues seem reasonably quick so I guess me playing less won't even have the slightest effect, so I guess this is best for everyone. Playing only for the enjoyment is the goal afterall.

That being said, how come there can't be a PvP mount? Nobody talked about this part of my post yet. I know I said I like to grind, but the grind itself has to at least be mildly enjoyable at the beginning for me to want to start it. A PvE noteriety grind blows. I'd rather stick my **** in a toaster. Is asking for a PvP mount really too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    Also, can you guys put in a 150% mount that we can obtain through PvP in some way? If there is one I do not know about it, but would like to get one. I don't see why I have to grind PvE faction to get a mount, you had a PvP mount for level 50. I keep getting outrun by PvE heroes in conquests!!

Im dying for this. Ive do do some PVE but usually only after I've grinded out everything in PvP. Since that has been slowed to a crawl Ive been working on my necro rep, 20k more to go but us poor PvP's cant afford 1000 plat for a mount

I also need something else to spend favor on. I even went and bought the 4 CQ essences that are BOA and mailed them to my 3 alts. There is only so big a stack of Mercenary Powerstones/Battlemasters Brews/Recon Vials you have. Heck, I still 4 stacks of Venegence Stones for my off hand.
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast