+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 1 Post By Violacea

Thread: Data collection by ability (Rogue)

Default Data collection by ability (Rogue)

I've been doing some data collection for a little bit and wrote some code to display said data. It's not completely finished yet, but it is fully functional. I just need to make some cosmetic changes to the UI (ugly but functional) and I'd like to increase the resolution of the histogram.

Since it's not finished yet I figured I post what I had collected so far on everyone's favorite class... the Rogue. A few things you need to now about the data and how it's displayed:
    • The values are greater than or equal to the value under the bar itself and less than the value under the next bar (next X value)
    • Since the plot is from the mean +- 3*std negative numbers will appear and can be treated as 0
    • If no bars appear it means every value for that damage/healing is the same. Look at the median and the count.
    • Data is all damage/healing that was triggered on my PC. That means damage/healing done by or to anyone around me.
    • Some abilities really don't have enough data to truly characterize the damage range of these abilties (BD looking at quite a few of yours)

Data is from the last 20 Warfronts all Level 60 bracket.

Assassin

Bard

Bladedancer (Yes there was actually data for this...somewhat)

Marksman

Nightblade

Ranger

Riftstalker

Sab

Tactician
    Even free cost too much now

Darn edit timer and being half asleep, but whether the ability was damage or healing is indicated in the upper left hand corner.

Ascendant

I think its neat, but you would also have to do a few things for equal comparison, or we don't know what we are looking at. i.e you are looking at the different types of apples (rogues), but havent compared it to the oranges, bananas, and kiwi fruit (the other callings). First, obviously do the same for other callings (if you have high enough level ones, understandable if you don't). Second, consider the GCD it takes to dish out said damage. i.e. you can't compare a 1 sec gcd abilities damage to a 2 sec gcd abilities damage or even to one you can cast on the move vs. one you have to stand still for. Third you have to add all procs with how long they tic for damage into the equation for total damage. i.e. the poisons do intiial damage but all added together how much extra damage do they do over time = a total of what in x amount of seconds. You would have other classes that have the same in some dots. Also, the last thing I would say about comparison is that it doesn't show a whole considering I could, for example, take a warlock from mage and be dishing out dots left and right, though you'd never see how much total damage I really do because that guy next to me burst my target down in 3 seconds and my 16 second dot didn't do its full damage (happens a lot-horrible class to play pvp solely). ST damage weighs heavily into effectiveness in pvp and how much you can load off on someone in a short amount of time.

I applaud the ingenuity and skill it takes to make a program. I wouldn't even know where to start.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 01-02-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Neato, it's like ACT.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 01-02-2013 at 07:45 AM.

I have the other classes already, but because I'm not finished yet I didn't want to go through all of the work to post them yet.

I'm not taking the GCD into account because in this context I don't care about the GCD when I collect the data. The person or persons will have to take that into account since to be honest I don't want or know how to skew data to adjust for the GCD. Nor do I think it should be especially since some can have cast times or be instant like Empowered Shot. It makes it very hard to account for when the same thing can be that different. So instead I leave it up to the observer to take into account the insanity that takes place.

This is all raw damage meaning that this is not the total damage done by a dot but rather each tic of a dot. This is also the total damage meaning it is the damage done, damage absorbed, blocked, deflected, and so on.

Thanks for the feedback!

I should reinstall ACT. I haven't used it since I was DPS dungeons on my cleric >.<

Is there anything fancy you have to do that happened in the last 2 years of ACT?

Probably easy still, I hope.

Would be fun to add data I suppose.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-02-2013 at 12:24 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I should reinstall ACT. I haven't used it since I was DPS dungeons on my cleric >.<

Is there anything fancy you have to do that happened in the last 2 years of ACT?

Probably easy still, I hope.

Would be fun to add data I suppose.
    No I just installed it recently to watch all the nb/rs hitting me for 3k+ blazing strikes while still absorbing everything I do.

Just have to remember to start the logs.

Another neat thing I been using it for is it's regex chat filters for zone events.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    No I just installed it recently to watch all the nb/rs hitting me for 3k+ blazing strikes while still absorbing everything I do.
    Finishers that non-crit under 4k are gross.
    Last edited by Violacea; 01-02-2013 at 12:36 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Guess I have to tweak it some :/ Got a lot of my data, but sure didn't pick up everything I did. Doh.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

There was an update a few months ago i think. I know when i was playing SL initial, it wouldnt pick up a couple stuff for some reason and then i updated it and it work fine.

:shrugs:

Also you know there was a folder change in rift as well.

@OP, this could get interesting. Good job.

+ Reply to Thread