+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Point to Point

Plane Walker

Default Point to Point

While I'm glad people are starting to see the use of archons in PvP, point to point definitely needs a change. Either the totems need to be killable or the reactive skill needs to have a cooldown on it. Right now an archon can place the totems and ranged raid members can just bounce back and forth anytime an enemy gets close to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoggoth1890 View Post
    While I'm glad people are starting to see the use of archons in PvP, point to point definitely needs a change. Either the totems need to be killable or the reactive skill needs to have a cooldown on it. Right now an archon can place the totems and ranged raid members can just bounce back and forth anytime an enemy gets close to them.
    The reactive skill does have a CD on it. You cant bounce back and forth. Believe me I tried lol
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Plane Walker

It may be bugged then, or the cooldown is not nearly long enough. When I was on a team with an archon that had placed one totem below the ledge in Karthan Ridge and one at the top, I got knocked down right after going up and as soon as I reached the one below (mere seconds) was able to go up again.

Plane Walker

Was able to test this out a bit while guarding dex because an archon just dropped one for me. I was definitely able to bounce back and forth without a cooldown.

Reading the description of the reactive it does say there should be a cooldown after either a roundtrip or after 15s of a one way trip, so guess bug is the answer.

Plane Touched

Aside from myself I've only seen one other player try Point to Point and it failed miserably. Archon will never be a really popular spec due to low damage and low healing.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    Aside from myself I've only seen one other player try Point to Point and it failed miserably. Archon will never be a really popular spec due to low damage and low healing.
    I've noticed it becoming more popular recently. An archon spec won't do high damage or healing, but can offer up some nice utility. Frustrating to find myself and everyone around me stripped of our buffs in a short amount of time, but love doing it to the other team on my mage when I notice a turtle trend.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    The reactive skill does have a CD on it. You cant bounce back and forth. Believe me I tried lol
    If you run out of range and back again the cooldown will be reset, like if you re-grab the abilities at the beginning of Exodus of the Storm Queen, it's kinda dumb

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheGrinnz View Post
    If you run out of range and back again the cooldown will be reset, like if you re-grab the abilities at the beginning of Exodus of the Storm Queen, it's kinda dumb
    I didn't even have to run away from the totem, it went teleport, reactive "drop" animation, teleport, reactive drop, teleport, etc. The one time I did encounter a cooldown was when I dragged the reactive to my hotbar and used it from there, and the cooldown stayed even when I ran back in range of the totems. Totem disappeared before I could test if the cooldown would only occur if using it from the hotbar though.

It can also be used to drastically shorten the path for objectives. One example is using it to port back up the exit path to the church in port scion. Not sure if it works in Karthan Ridge.

If this is WAI, the totems should definitely be killable.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    It can also be used to drastically shorten the path for objectives. One example is using it to port back up the exit path to the church in port scion. Not sure if it works in Karthan Ridge.

If this is WAI, the totems should definitely be killable.
    It is useable in KR as I mentioned in my second post. I like how point to point works currently with the exception of the bug I mention in this thread; it adds a high level of utility to archon for use in PvP. Not sure if certain carried objectives block the reactive though, such as the stone in Whitefall.

Totally should be killable though, but with decent durability so that it's a tactical choice to destroy it rather than the totem simply being destroyed incidentally.
    Last edited by Shoggoth1890; 01-02-2013 at 01:12 PM.

+ Reply to Thread