Closed Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Riftologist
  • 2 Post By Misun
  • 2 Post By Adegard

Thread: Freelancers marks/Conquest

Default Freelancers marks/Conquest

Trion- Why is Conquest necessary in order to gear up a character, in the most efficient way possible, for PvP? And did this game really need another PvP currency?

Freelancers Marks - Basically slows down gear progression, Favor piles up, forced into Conquest to get marks.

Conquest - Is what it is. Personally I hate it. As a PvPer I look forward to engaging other players in PvP. Unfortunately Conquest isn't about PvP. Conquest makes these horrible Extractors the central focus. So the PvPer is reduced to running all over a large map to attack and control an Extractor. MMO's have been around for how long now? And this your vision of what World PvP in the year 2012-2013 is all about?

Request- So if marks are here to stay, fine. Allow us to earn them through victory in Warfronts and completing a Warfront daily. No cap on the amount earned daily, the skys the limit as long as you win.

With regards to Conquest ... random factions, no extractors, more PvP. City and castle sieges would be fun. I doubt this will ever happen so please remove PvP marks/gear from Conquest. The PvEers get to continue to enjoy their extractors and mini bosses while gearing up for PvE. PvPers go back to PvP. It's a win/win.
    Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Riftologist View Post
    City and castle sieges would be fun.
    Imagine in the Dendrome a long lost castle that both defiants and guardiands want and they have to fight for it. Every evening a 40v40 siege (multiple instances) sounds like fun to me.

p.s. Not sure how that will fit in the lore and such with the "new" guardian+defiants = love changes
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Adegard- Dendrome and a long lost castle to fight over is great. What does it have to do with Conquest and Freelancer marks? Are you suggesting we remove Conquest all together and replace it with Dendrome? If the answer is yes, then I'm all for it.
    Who is John Galt?

Conquest is the cancerous tumor of Rift.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Just give us open world pvp quests for marks.

Adegard- Dendrome and a long lost castle to fight over is great. What does it have to do with Conquest and Freelancer marks? Are you suggesting we remove Conquest all together and replace it with Dendrome? If the answer is yes, then I'm all for it.
    Although I believe Trion will hardly admit Conquest didn't really prove to be what they wanted it to be (to say it nicely) and remove it for good, I'd definitely like having Conquest removed and replaced with a Siege or something close to it.
    Adegard □ Blightweald
    Pain is temporary, pride is forever

Trion- Why is Conquest necessary in order to gear up a character, in the most efficient way possible, for PvP? And did this game really need another PvP currency?

Freelancers Marks - Basically slows down gear progression, Favor piles up, forced into Conquest to get marks.

Conquest - Is what it is. Personally I hate it. As a PvPer I look forward to engaging other players in PvP. Unfortunately Conquest isn't about PvP. Conquest makes these horrible Extractors the central focus. So the PvPer is reduced to running all over a large map to attack and control an Extractor. MMO's have been around for how long now? And this your vision of what World PvP in the year 2012-2013 is all about?

Request- So if marks are here to stay, fine. Allow us to earn them through victory in Warfronts and completing a Warfront daily. No cap on the amount earned daily, the skys the limit as long as you win.

With regards to Conquest ... random factions, no extractors, more PvP. City and castle sieges would be fun. I doubt this will ever happen so please remove PvP marks/gear from Conquest. The PvEers get to continue to enjoy their extractors and mini bosses while gearing up for PvE. PvPers go back to PvP. It's a win/win.
    I like what you say, but I will be surprised if anything changes much. Trion is a business, and as such they dish out only so much you can gain per day so you keep your sub longer. If they allowed people to gear up faster the hardcores would quickly gain the edge (even with how small it is its still there), and this would discourage others from pvp (casuals), even though they could gear up just as fast (but casuals dont play as much and usually like to pve). That being said from a business point of view the answer is no, they want to make more money.

I, however, would not mind if I had another way, even if it is as slow, of gaining CQ PVP items via actual PVP. CQ takes 2-3 hours on average, gives hardly any prestige compared to doing straight up WF's, and favor on all ends is not what it used to be. I don't even consider favor currency anymore since its a given you always have it. Its only marks that matter now. Consider favor free pvp 200 vengeance stones.

I hate CQ due to its setup and am one of those that joins a group (usually not NF so I don't usually win) get my 12 extractors, leave group to enter a real pvp WF where I actually have fun, and look to jump back in at the very end for my free marks since I need them to gain pvp gear.

The irony is I PVP all the time but to get pvp items I need to do a majorly PVE 2-3 hour time waster over and over and over again to get my pvp items??? I don't feel bad since I'm actually always pvping and feel I deserve the items, just not in the way Trion is forcing us to get them. CQ is not pvp. If they set up the map smaller, changed the time window to like max 1 hour, and gave incentives or reasons to split up into smaller 5-10 man groups and not a rofl zerg that kills you as you lag like mad then it would tilt more towards a pvp based setup with some pve. NF win all the time because they zerg roll over everything. Its not tactics, its not winnable by splitting up. Its a zerg fest. Create real mini-bases with weapons or bonuses for holding certain areas and thats a start of encouraging splitting up or a sense of control that aids your pvp. I'm just rambling but I'm sure someone who actually pvp's (in Trion) could come up with something better, then again they might have. We all know Trion either can't/doesn't put much effort into the pvp side of things. Maybe its just a payroll thing.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-30-2012 at 03:55 PM.

Soulwalker

Default PVP changes: Conquest

I know this is a PVE server, and I chose this because i saw PVP servers failing somewhat. The conquests are mindless and the PVP is more button smashing.
    I like gaining marks and being able to purchase elite gear based on my skill. I also like being able to PVP with people that have a good level experience as I do and geared up.
    Open world PVP is a great option and this game misses that VERY important part of PVP. Contested areas are just that!

Idea: Could certain zones become hotbeds of PVP, Ashora CQ, Steppes CQ. People vacate or rush in to take out as many extractors as they can or hold over a time period. Its open world, no teams except defiant and guardian, NO conquest Q's. Earn marks for open world kills and additional for holding an extractor.

All for open world PVP and being able to go against someone or group against group for skill pvp.

I have never played conquest, so I'll just have to test it out when I get to 60. Currently leveling exp and prestige in warfronts exclusively :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    If they allowed people to gear up faster the hardcores would quickly gain the edge (even with how small it is its still there), and this would discourage others from pvp (casuals), even though they could gear up just as fast (but casuals dont play as much and usually like to pve).
    Exactly that.

No cap is bad. I remember hitting level 50 and going against rank 6 geared people. Not fun at all. I quit for WoW soon after, and came back after they fixed it.

I'm still trying to work out why people say you have to CQ to gear up. How exactly?
    Please explain. Are we just talking about the trinket that is also available with KR faction? Or the upgraded essences that most don't even bother with? Or is it the awesomelol seal?

As for CQ haters, why do you continue to zone in? You do nothing but whine, but you still zone in? Why? I don't understand why players do 'stuff' they don't even like to do in a GAME. If you were told, you'd get a thousand marks, for sticking pins in your eyes, would you do it?

I loathe the random queue. Absolutely loathe it. It is no longer possible to get a full TEAM that wants to actually win. So sick of reading 'just let *whatever* win.

Some players like to actually win. Some players even like CQ. Some players find the only thing wrong with CQ, is the attitudes and whining of players.

Sadly you can't get your stinking marks by whining, so maybe try to win.
    Last edited by Charlice; 01-18-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I'm still trying to work out why people say you have to CQ to gear up. How exactly?
    Please explain. Are we just talking about the trinket that is also available with KR faction? Or the upgraded essences that most don't even bother with? Or is it the awesomelol seal?

As for CQ haters, why do you continue to zone in? You do nothing but whine, but you still zone in? Why? I don't understand why players do 'stuff' they don't even like to do in a GAME. If you were told, you'd get a thousand marks, for sticking pins in your eyes, would you do it?

I loathe the random queue. Absolutely loathe it. It is no longer possible to get a full TEAM that wants to actually win. So sick of reading 'just let *whatever* win.

Some players like to actually win. Some players even like CQ. Some players find the only thing wrong with CQ, is the attitudes and whining of players.

Sadly you can't get your stinking marks by whining, so maybe try to win.
    After reaching prestige rank 50+, you begin receiving a new currency called Freelancers marks. These marks have essentially a cap on them weekly, roughly 1/3 of which come from the two Conquest weekly quests (one for 3 wins and one for 2000 kills).

This means you gear up roughly 30-40% slower by refusing to participate in Conquest.

Closed Thread