Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PvP Gear

Default PvP Gear

I just hit 60 and was curious what the warfronts would be like, and was disappointed to find that I was getting a buff that significantly increased my valor, vengeance, hp etc. I had leveled mostly through warfronts, so I have over half a set of the level 50 pvp gear, but the buff was still giving me a rather large increase in power.

It brings me to the question, is PvP gear useful in this game anymore? How much power does the buff really give you when compared to each "level" of pvp gear. Have they basically made it so that those who want to PvP can do so while upgrading their gear and being useful in both PvP and PvE, and those who want to PvE can do so and obtain their gear, then experience the highest level of PvP in that very same gear without issue?

I could understand the case to make it this way, so I ask, is this the case?

You're accidentally paying 15$ for guild wars 2.

Gear at 60 is normalized ("bolstered") with slight variance based on gear level, PA, runes and consumables.

Telaran

PvP has become a joke in this game. I came back after being gone for 4 months, and now it just seems that hard work and reward is no longer beneficial. Now, you go into a WF and everyone is "balanced" which is wrong. If I put 80 hours into something, I dont appreciate someone with only 20 hours of the same activity being on an equal level as me. That seems to be the case in this country now a days...reward everyone..even if they dont work for it.

Seriously Trion, just drop the PvP aspect in rift. Its rather a pointless, unrewarding grind as it sits now.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I just hit 60 and was curious what the warfronts would be like, and was disappointed to find that I was getting a buff that significantly increased my valor, vengeance, hp etc. I had leveled mostly through warfronts, so I have over half a set of the level 50 pvp gear, but the buff was still giving me a rather large increase in power.

It brings me to the question, is PvP gear useful in this game anymore? How much power does the buff really give you when compared to each "level" of pvp gear. Have they basically made it so that those who want to PvP can do so while upgrading their gear and being useful in both PvP and PvE, and those who want to PvE can do so and obtain their gear, then experience the highest level of PvP in that very same gear without issue?

I could understand the case to make it this way, so I ask, is this the case?
    I believe you only get brought up to merc' gear level. As people progress into P60/P70 those people will get rolled. Give it some time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xantith View Post
    PvP has become a joke in this game. I came back after being gone for 4 months, and now it just seems that hard work and reward is no longer beneficial. Now, you go into a WF and everyone is "balanced" which is wrong..
    you arent, you just have no clue. inform yourself and come back.

I really can't believe the amount of QQ from people who want to have a gear advantage over other players. Especially when they can still obtain a gear advantage!

If you want to faceroll opponents with no chance of them winning, there's plenty of f2p games where you can buy a cash shop advantage and smush your big floppy epeen all over the non-paying players' faces.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-25-2012 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I really can't believe the amount of QQ from people who want to have a gear advantage over other players. Especially when they can still obtain a gear advantage!

If you want to faceroll opponents with no chance of them winning, there's plenty of f2p games where you can buy a cash shop advantage and smush your big floppy epeen all over the non-paying players' faces.
    I really can't believe people still want normalization in a progression mmo. Almost all the people I know and used to pvp with quit due to this change, people want rewards, not some fake crappy gear that holds to true bearing in any of the game's content. These changes are terrible, the balance is terrible and the only ones that will give the crappy pvp a chance are those still holding on to the belief that something good will come or those casuals that are first jumping into it.

There is nothing that makes pvp stand out, nothing that pops or makes players think it is awesome, just the same repetitive motions that have become a reflex. Your defending this crap is laughable at best. Keep believing this pvp is okay, when in fact there is not really much to draw nor hold the play in this content, no good rewards, no balance, one new map, open world is dead, there is absolutely nothing that a pvper can truely be proud of, nothing. All the while raiders get TONS for their dance move efforts, fighting scripted fights.

There are SO MANY ways to make pvp great and challenging, but this is the best they could come up with. I can't believe you think you have the right to bash anyone or call anyone QQers. I can't believe people still try to defend this pvp. I can't believe people still pvp in this game!

I support bolstering in pvp.....

But keep it out of my raiding, I put in too much work to have the best raid gear to let some guy just walk in and be equal to me. If raiders get a break with pvp bolstering why don't pvp'ers gets a boost from bolstering when they walk into raids?

Bolstering is a great idea but it's done poorly, reduce all the stats you receive from bolstering by 20% and the qq will vanish.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    <wall of anger>
    Someone is filled with holiday spirit!!! I don't get it, I still have a lot of fun in PvP. That's why I play, for fun.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong in PvP, burst is still crazy, but not to the point where the game is unplayable.
    Last edited by Pork Star; 12-25-2012 at 12:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Someone is filled with holiday spirit!!! I don't get it, I still have a lot of fun in PvP. That's why I play, for fun.

I'm not saying there's nothing wrong in PvP, burst is still crazy, but not to the point where the game is unplayable.
    QFT, PvP cause you love to PvP and you like this game.

replacing pve gear with merc gear, fair enough, no more BiS pve gear glass-cannon bads who drop like a fly when you look at them (laser eyes i got)
    bolstering valor and vengeance of that gear as well? what the serious **** are you thinking?...
    makes me a little sadface tbh... when people spend all their time doing warfronts, getting at the point they have their actual merc gear, yea now you have the valor and vengeance! not by not doing anything.
    also the fact that pve lessers are replaced as well, it blew my mind.. they should negate pve lessers al together, let them fight for their merc lessers with dedication.

im now at the point where i'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to gear my mage after hitting 60. or if i should just level all my alts, and wait untill it is changed. or maybe i should just go back to pve, the thing i used to do and don't really enjoy quite as much as pvp (so i guess thats a no).

I WANT TO KNOW...... NOW!
    Last edited by parangea; 12-25-2012 at 03:07 PM.
    R.I.P: Paraygon lvl-60 & Parangea lvl-60 <The Lords of War@bloodiron>
    It saddens me to see what Rift pvp has become. The laughing stock of the gaming world.

Quote Originally Posted by parangea View Post
    replacing pve gear with merc gear, fair enough, no more BiS pve gear glass-cannon bads who drop like a fly when you look at them (laser eyes i got)
    bolstering valor and vengeance of that gear as well? what the serious **** are you thinking?...
    makes me a little sadface tbh... when people spend all their time doing warfronts, getting at the point they have their actual merc gear, yea now you have the valor and vengeance! not by not doing anything.
    also the fact that pve lessers are replaced as well, it blew my mind.. they should negate pve lessers al together, let them fight for their merc lessers with dedication.

im now at the point where i'm starting to wonder if it's worth it to gear my mage after hitting 60. or if i should just level all my alts, and wait untill it is changed. or maybe i should just go back to pve, the thing i used to do and don't really enjoy quite as much as pvp (so i guess thats a no).

I WANT TO KNOW...... NOW!
    Merc gear is for pvp players on pvp shards.

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    I really can't believe people still want normalization in a progression mmo. Almost all the people I know and used to pvp with quit due to this change, people want rewards, not some fake crappy gear that holds to true bearing in any of the game's content. These changes are terrible, the balance is terrible and the only ones that will give the crappy pvp a chance are those still holding on to the belief that something good will come or those casuals that are first jumping into it.

There is nothing that makes pvp stand out, nothing that pops or makes players think it is awesome, just the same repetitive motions that have become a reflex. Your defending this crap is laughable at best. Keep believing this pvp is okay, when in fact there is not really much to draw nor hold the play in this content, no good rewards, no balance, one new map, open world is dead, there is absolutely nothing that a pvper can truely be proud of, nothing. All the while raiders get TONS for their dance move efforts, fighting scripted fights.

There are SO MANY ways to make pvp great and challenging, but this is the best they could come up with. I can't believe you think you have the right to bash anyone or call anyone QQers. I can't believe people still try to defend this pvp. I can't believe people still pvp in this game!
    I totally agree, we are forced to accept what is been given to us an frankly I just said w/e. Although I see some of the benefits of their implementations, but apparently I guess this is the majority of what people want. I have come to accept that this game is a PvE centered game and PvP is an afterthought. Kind of sad but that how the cookie crumbles unfortunately.

Covergirl Diamond
    <-Prophecy->
    Back in Action
    RIP Junlar the Great Cleric. I will cherish our friendship and bond for all eternity.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Merc gear is for pvp players on pvp shards.
    Merc gear with runes is for players who will have a slight advantage over bolstered merc geared players (statwise), due to dedicating more time to pvp.

I personally like the bolstered gear system, as I wont have to feel like an extreme burden to my team if I play on an alt who didn't "grind" to max rank/gear, as he will not be a free kill for the other team due to missing valor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordplay View Post
    He wasnt wearing hes rank 8 gear he had 0valor with that crit on full valor ppl i crit for 6k only.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast