+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 71
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: NEWS FLASH: Players are OP not Classes

  1. #1
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default NEWS FLASH: Players are OP not Classes

    Currently in Rift I believe there is better balance than we have seen in a while.

    Burst and overall damage could be toned down some across the board but that isn't limited to a particular class.

    Despite some people not wanting to admit it all four classes have powerful roles atm and can do well when played right.

    In the hands of a good/great player, any class is "overpowered".

    In the hands of a bad/terrible player, any class is "underpowered".

    Some roles could be toned down slighty and others given a small boost, but overall things aren't as bad as as some people are making them out to be.

    If you think your class is underpowered, work on your positioning, spec, rotation and target selection and you will realize things aren't as bad as you think they are.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  2. #2
    Ascendant Xenoheart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,532

    Default

    From a Mage:
    --Warriors are too op cause they aren't squishy, they can pull us into range, and they have too many gap closers.
    --Rogues are too op cause they can break out of all our CCs attack from range or melee and we can't cc or heal past their burst.
    --Clerics have too op healing.

    From a Rogue:
    --Warriors are too op because of their mitigation and abilitie to stay on our behinds the entire time.
    --Mages are too op because of all their CC's and I cant ever get in range of them before they pew pew me down.
    --clerics have too op healing.

    From a warrior:
    --Rogues are too op because we dont have enough mitigation to handle their damage.
    --Mages are to op because we dont have enough gap closers to stay in range of them.
    --Clerics have too op healing

    From a cleric:
    --Rogues are too op because I can't out heal their damage
    --Mages are too op because I can't out heal their damage
    --Warriors are too op because I can't out heal their damage
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Topology's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    From a Mage:
    --Rogues are too op cause they can break out of all our CCs attack from range or melee and we can't cc or heal past their burst.
    I can heal through a Rogue's (or anyone's, really) burst just fine as long as they're not hitting me. Even then, it's not judicious use of interrupts stopping me from getting casts off, it's simply that my self healing potential is that low.

    RIP, my old spec. I used to be able to viably raid heal and CC people with decent survivability. Not anymore. :|

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    Speaking from a Rogue's perspective,

    Warrior: Tempest damage seems strong - fine with MM as it is, but if MM eats a nerf then Tempest should too. Warrior melee seems a bit weak compared to Rogue melee. Haven't seen Strente or anyone running his spec (successfully) yet so I can't comment on that.

    Rogue: Assassin is way too strong. Marksman seems too strong, Saboteur a bit on the strong side (though this is likely a side effect of weak healing).

    Cleric: Nysyr's Rebuke is ridiculous. Even if you interrupt, you still take a good chunk of damage. Their healing specs seem a little too unsurvivable, though this is likely due to my damage being ridiculous.

    Mage: Pyromancer is very strong. Harbinger can be but so many seem impotent (probably just because it's new)? Ele seems pretty okay. Dominator very strong... borderline OP if not OP. Chloros are kinda easy to kill.

    This isn't comprehensive and I'm missing out a lot but yeah.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  5. #5
    Ascendant mo0trix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,296

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post

    Harbinger can be but so many seem impotent
    It's fairly disturbing you know this about most harb players

  6. #6
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Speaking from a Rogue's perspective,

    Warrior: Tempest damage seems strong - fine with MM as it is, but if MM eats a nerf then Tempest should too. Warrior melee seems a bit weak compared to Rogue melee. Haven't seen Strente or anyone running his spec (successfully) yet so I can't comment on that.

    Rogue: Assassin is way too strong. Marksman seems too strong, Saboteur a bit on the strong side (though this is likely a side effect of weak healing).

    Cleric: Nysyr's Rebuke is ridiculous. Even if you interrupt, you still take a good chunk of damage. Their healing specs seem a little too unsurvivable, though this is likely due to my damage being ridiculous.

    Mage: Pyromancer is very strong. Harbinger can be but so many seem impotent (probably just because it's new)? Ele seems pretty okay. Dominator very strong... borderline OP if not OP. Chloros are kinda easy to kill.

    This isn't comprehensive and I'm missing out a lot but yeah.
    mm isnt OP because of its damage its OP because of how it can avoid damage so well. 61 tempest has 0 utility, hit like a truck but has no chance in a 1v1 vs a mm

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,486

    Default

    I think MM damage is definitely OP. The mobility is just the cherry on the cake. It bursts pretty ridiculously for a ranged class.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Saia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Currently in Rift I believe there is better balance than we have seen in a while.

    Burst and overall damage could be toned down some across the board but that isn't limited to a particular class.

    Despite some people not wanting to admit it all four classes have powerful roles atm and can do well when played right.

    In the hands of a good/great player, any class is "overpowered".

    In the hands of a bad/terrible player, any class is "underpowered".

    Some roles could be toned down slighty and others given a small boost, but overall things aren't as bad as as some people are making them out to be.

    If you think your class is underpowered, work on your positioning, spec, rotation and target selection and you will realize things aren't as bad as you think they are.
    I say this in my posts and i agree with you ,that any class can be OP in a very skilled hand and beside the cry people should train harder and learn how to pvp
    Last edited by Saia; 12-08-2012 at 01:08 PM.

  9. #9
    Ascendant dday's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    I say this in my posts and i agree with you ,that any class can be OP in a very skilled hand and beside the cry people should train harder and learn how to pvp
    i love this argument, there is 0 skill in this game right now at rank 60....with how high damage is u could legit spam 1 macro and kill anything. you want skill back in this game then nerf damage 20%

  10. #10
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    i love this argument, there is 0 skill in this game right now at rank 60....with how high damage is u could legit spam 1 macro and kill anything. you want skill back in this game then nerf damage 20%
    Even if that is the case, and while I am not arguing that you are wrong, sadly there will still be some players who don't spam 1 as well as others.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,581

    Default

    THere is no balance right now... PVP is a freaking mess.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    I say this in my posts and i agree with you ,that any class can be OP in a very skilled hand and beside the cry people should train harder and learn how to pvp
    Despite the overwhelming threads all concerning rogues (not any other class), rogues are still the only ones saying pvp is ok. Please look at the threads-they are constant, thus proving which class seriously needs some lowering of damage overall, and also which is the easiest class to play. That being said, if you are a rogue and you are saying l2p you yourself are playing (currently) the easiest class to pvp in. You could say l2p if you are playing alts with equal ranks as your rogue, but we all know most have leveled up their rogue due to it being the FOT? (? for who knows how long this will go on).

    Prior warriors were seriously OP and in all threads that's all you'd see complaints about and warriors defending them. The only class at that time that rogues complained about were warriors because well, you had your top two OP classes complaining about each other. Warriors were over the top though. Rogues are in denial. I'm also wondering how many warriors prior SL main now play rogue main. We all know they jumped shipped and its a lot. People love the power.

    There are 1-2 classes in the other callings that need tweaked down. Its why the overwhelming threads are not about mages in general, clerics in general, or warriors in general, just tempest, pyro, sometimes dom, and Inq (nysrs). All other threads are about 3-4 builds rogues make, and people seem fit to complain about rogues over every other class (let's get a clue here people).

    On the other hand if I played rogue main HECK YEA I'd be saying things are not bad or balanced. I"d also be saying l2p and man am I good! I don't know how I'd ignore the mass complaining about rogues though...hmm, why aren't there a ton of posts about other callings and just rogues? Hmmmm

    Again, bad people will die to all callings, so logically they would make posts about every calling. Sorry, that isn't the case. Again, you've not once replied to any of my posts. I know why though. We play a fantasy game, but seriously, don't live in a fantasy realm. Balance means bringing rogues, and the other above said classes, in line so we get more pvper's and the game has more skill. As it stands you are just arguing for easy-mode and do we know if you are skilled? Sorry, we don't. The calling is currently flawed. You could be great, but no one will ever know unless things are balanced. You'll just be another FOT? rogue that's overpowered.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Prior warriors were seriously OP
    That is the main difference between overpowered and a class or soul(s) needing to be toned down.

    When warriors were "seriously OP" as you say almost every warrior became "good" overnight with that patch. It was hard telling some of the good warriors apart from the bad ones because of this.

    There are still many rogues who are not that good at all and are almost worthless to their respective teams. If a class is so op the terrible rogues should just be bad/decent rogues but this isn't the case because there are still many terrible rogues out there.

    Take the top 10 rogues and let them play any other class.
    Hint - They will still be op.
    Last edited by Baramos; 12-08-2012 at 01:48 PM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  14. #14
    Plane Walker Saia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Despite the overwhelming threads all concerning rogues (not any other class), rogues are still the only ones saying pvp is ok. Please look at the threads-they are constant, thus proving which class seriously needs some lowering of damage overall, and also which is the easiest class to play. That being said, if you are a rogue and you are saying l2p you yourself are playing (currently) the easiest class to pvp in. You could say l2p if you are playing alts with equal ranks as your rogue, but we all know most have leveled up their rogue due to it being the FOT? (? for who knows how long this will go on).

    Prior warriors were seriously OP and in all threads that's all you'd see complaints about and warriors defending them. The only class at that time that rogues complained about were warriors because well, you had your top two OP classes complaining about each other. Warriors were over the top though. Rogues are in denial. I'm also wondering how many warriors prior SL main now play rogue main. We all know they jumped shipped and its a lot. People love the power.

    There are 1-2 classes in the other callings that need tweaked down. Its why the overwhelming threads are not about mages in general, clerics in general, or warriors in general, just tempest, pyro, sometimes dom, and Inq (nysrs). All other threads are about 3-4 builds rogues make, and people seem fit to complain about rogues over every other class (let's get a clue here people).

    On the other hand if I played rogue main HECK YEA I'd be saying things are not bad or balanced. I"d also be saying l2p and man am I good! I don't know how I'd ignore the mass complaining about rogues though...hmm, why aren't there a ton of posts about other callings and just rogues? Hmmmm

    Again, bad people will die to all callings, so logically they would make posts about every calling. Sorry, that isn't the case. Again, you've not once replied to any of my posts. I know why though. We play a fantasy game, but seriously, don't live in a fantasy realm. Balance means bringing rogues, and the other above said classes, in line so we get more pvper's and the game has more skill. As it stands you are just arguing for easy-mode and do we know if you are skilled? Sorry, we don't. The calling is currently flawed. You could be great, but no one will ever know unless things are balanced. You'll just be another FOT? rogue that's overpowered.

    I play rogue from beta ,i dont have any alts and rogue class for me was balanced from old times to now.Maybe there need some balance to rs , but the amount of post about how OP rogues are , i dont find them ok.
    Do rs get more in line , is ok for me il adapt and i will own like every time , but what i see now in the forums all the shout about OMG rogues pew-pew all and healing are sooo weak is not good.
    Healing are omg so weak but why the team that have more healing players almsot always win ?!
    There is a long way to balance all classes perfectly ,and fotm class will be every now and then..

    Vs warriors/mages/clerics i can have big problems if they are very skilled , and i may lose if i dont initiate the attack , so yeah for me rogues are balnced but im not alone in this game and maybe some balance is need but only a slight and small adjustment
    Last edited by Saia; 12-08-2012 at 01:59 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Pines's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,512

    Default

    Rogue is OP because it's OP.

    Am I doing it right?
    what is this I don't even

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts