+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The new DR System.

Default The new DR System.

It is utterly and completely rubbish. Arresting Presence and Deaden and Weapon barrage are completely out of control. I have actually yet to see a case where Weapon Barrage has lasted for less than 5 seconds on me and it has a 10 second cooldown. Shoud stop hating on cleric and mage, these silences are utterly ridiculous.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

All in one i like the DR system but i agree that there are some abilities that cheat the new system.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur View Post
    All in one i like the DR system but i agree that there are some abilities that cheat the new system.
    If I'm not healing the DR system is annoying at best, but also useful to only a handful of classes that have multiple of the same type of ability or short Cd's.

As a healer it is the worst thing in the world. Silenced 50% of the time, Pulled multiple times into enemy mobs, stunned...oh I can cast...stunned again, rooted after being pulled. Feared. Since everyone is primarily ranged at 60 or has the range I can't "range" people. Tactics don't work there.

Some trees don't even have a 2nd break free mechanic so if you are stuck with one and out of luck when you are pulled followed by another pull. Happens a lot as healer.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 12-09-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Yes, we tested the deaden DR - it's quite hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    If I'm not healing the DR system is annoying at best, but also useful to only a handful of classes that have multiple of the same type of ability or short Cd's.

As a healer it is the worst thing in the world. Silenced 50% of the time, Pulled multiple times into enemy mobs, stunned...oh I can cast...stunned again, rooted after being pulled. Feared. Since everyone is primarily ranged at 60 or has the range I can't "range" people. Tactics don't work there.

Some trees don't even have a 2nd break free mechanic so if you are stuck with one and out of luck when you are pulled followed by another pull. Happens a lot as healer.
    -attunement of war is your first friend,
    -some silences, stuns and snares can be removed with cleanse, all apply again if you stay in big puddles launched from ranged dps, therefore cleanse and move, aoe cleanse will take 10 ppl out from silence
    -save your break free, and any speed increase for rogues

takes a bit of practice to recognize what cc you can cleanse, good part is DR already starts

avoid port of scion, seeing all the aoe damage on the bridge that you can't fill alone can be frustrating, and you wont be "Pulled multiple times into enemy mobs" :P

It's quite frankly game breaking. The damage is enough, but being cc'd on every single cast time gets tedious.

The problem being, you can't cleanse yourself when stunned and even though Empowering light or whatever the AOE cleanse is called, is available for pressing, it doesn't actually cleanse anything.

Also, Stormzill

Deaden -> Silences for five seconds -> Five seconds of immunity -> Deaden off cooldown.

Whether the intended behaviour is sane or not is up for discussion but it's certainly WAI.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyera View Post
    Deaden -> Silences for five seconds -> Five seconds of immunity -> Deaden off cooldown.

Whether the intended behaviour is sane or not is up for discussion but it's certainly WAI.
    what makes it a 10sec cd?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-09-2012 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    what makes it a 5sec cd?
    nothing, but it's on cooldown during the immunity period regardless - that's the joke if we can call it that.

what makes it a 10sec cd?
    Pretty sure, when talented, it's a 10 second cooldown.

Also, Stormzill

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    nothing, but it's on cooldown during the immunity period regardless - that's the joke if we can call it that.
    I just thought it was a 15s CD. Which is still twice as good as my anti magic tank soul's 36pt silence. lol

You rogues are still so spoiled. :P
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-09-2012 at 02:11 PM.

I just thought it was a 15s CD. Which is still twice as good as my anti magic tank soul's 36pt silence. lol

Not to mention it has the most ******ed DR system I have ever witnessed in an MMO.

Also, Stormzill

you will not see me denying that statement anywhere, it's quite disgusting

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Not to mention it has the most ******ed DR system I have ever witnessed in an MMO.
    Resolve - SWTOR 2011 - 2012 RIP

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    you must not play wow

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast