+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: My idea as to why "Defiants" suck and more.

Telaran

Default My idea as to why "Defiants" suck and more.

As we all know on any given day Warfronts are normally dominated by the Guardian team, not to say that Defiants always lose because we don't we just don't win 9 out of 10 times. My theory beside the obvious is as followed.

All of the REAL pvpers (minus a few here and there) changed to PvE shards, By doing so they can que with like minded good players ie:Opposing faction players whom changed servers etc as well, By doing so it has caused a large imbalance between war front factions. Why do this? Well most of you were around when there were multiple pvp shards at that time it was more of a 50/50 or 40/60 win to lose ratio in wfs even with the merc system as far as I remember but when those shards started to die what happened? People changed to more populated servers. Which brings us to where we are today, I love world pvp but as sad as it is to admit its becoming harder and harder to find it- Minus zone events and the occasional onslaught. Which brings me to the question is it really worth being on a pvp shard anymore when it clearly hinders your over all favor/prestige gain?

But back on topic there is no point in crying about it. If you want to win 90% of your warfronts move to a PvE shard and have a guardian friend que you.

Also before someone brings up the whole merc system bit, How often do you really get merced on the opposing faction? I spend 90% of my playing time in pvping and doing warfronts and I normally only get merced maybe 1 out of 10 times, So to me that argument is null and void. Along with the whole "They have healers" and "They are working together" Why do you think they have healers and are working together? They are queing with friends. Which brings up a interesting point "Why don't you que with friends and do the same" You can and sometimes you will win but when its your premade + derps vs 2 or 3 premades + derps who is more likely to win?

TLR- Herp Derp.

Trishka - A Defiant rogue tired of hearing QQ about red vs blue.

I think it's a combination of new faces, lack of adequate pvp builds/experience, and pvp pros cussing people out who don't do exactly what they think they should be doing. Yea, being a butthole about it is gonna get people to listen to you. Try helpful strategic advice instead of "WTF ARE YOU HEALERS DOIN OMG"

I look for this to change as more and more people get to 60.

Just my 2cents.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Defiants suck? I wonder guardians knew about this....

Defiants form some of the finest teams Rift PvP has witnessed.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Defiants suck? I wonder guardians knew about this....
    There was a time back in 1.0 when wfs were heavily swayed to guardians, At least on my old servers but that changed over time. Also in case you were unable to comprehend what I was trying to convey, it is not that defiants suck. Far from, its that 99% of the good defiant are queing with good guardians on pve shards.

The truth of the matter is, unless it's an organized match, everybody is just ramboing.

Just one side is better than the other at ramboing.
    There is whining/complaining and "NOO UR THE REASON Y WE SUCK, NOT ME" on both sides.

In all the pug games I've played and won, I can't say we won most by organizing ourselves and working together. It literally just happened to play out like that.

Your friendly hipster.
    http://rainygameslol.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Aeonblade View Post
    I think it's a combination of new faces, lack of adequate pvp builds/experience, and pvp pros cussing people out who don't do exactly what they think they should be doing. Yea, being a butthole about it is gonna get people to listen to you. Try helpful strategic advice instead of "WTF ARE YOU HEALERS DOIN OMG"

I look for this to change as more and more people get to 60.

Just my 2cents.
    Agree. I was in a WF a few days ago where a "pvp pro" was bullying another player for not being a big enough jerk to "lead". I supported the strategic player and the "pvp pro" turned on me as well.

I don't know, I did serve almost 30 years on active duty with leadership roles in actual wars. Being assertive works, being a jerk is counterproductive.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Defiants form some of the finest teams Rift PvP has witnessed.
    You should move to Deepwood and queue with Micshaz to get your weeklies done.

Two one-man premade zerg guilds on the same team seems like overkill, though.

Rift Chaser

Defiants pre-mades are generally top notch, imo. Pugging seems to go any which way, depending on the time of day, day of week, and which way the wind is blowing. Neither side is overall better at strategy, more skilled, or better geared than the other. Though specific matches can be wildly mis-matched, the two factions seem fairly even overall.

Quote Originally Posted by dpser View Post
    the two factions seem fairly even overall.
    I agree 100%

If fairly even means 80-20.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Champion

I'm able to play at work quite often and in the morning Guardians seem to win more often than Defiants. In the evenings though it's almost like a complete 180 with Defiants winning more. Just from my experience but overall if you counted day and evenings it would be pretty close so no, Defiants dont suck. A lot of players in general just suck
    Last edited by Gnut; 12-07-2012 at 02:00 PM.

With the implementation of the merc system, it changed from blue versus red to green versus red. I honestly think that the perceived faction advantages or disadvantages are RNG based.

Shadowlander

Why does Defiant roll low lvl pvp than suddenly suck at 60. My max lvl char is only 39 other than the 50 mage i have from when i played like a year ago. All my characters are defiant except one and whenever I try to play her I give up and go back to one of my Defiant chars because Guardians lose almost every time.

lol i always thought it was kayden kross

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast