Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: The injustice a mage faces.

Default The injustice a mage faces.

First of all to preface,

I'm a veteran player, my character is the highest geared PvP mage on the shard, I'm prestige rank 62 and practically max PA, I have other characters from the other callings but I don't play them because I don't enjoy them, I've spent around 2 years on Virulent with constant setbacks by both the developers and the community themselves.

I do nothing but PvP. (and get trolled for my "QQ" by brosters and trolls and BADS) as I will most probably from this post, but I actually don't give a damn.

First an image to demonstrate my opponent, his gear, and the response of the rogue/warrior players regarding the duels, as well as my current Warfront rank and damage done this week (just to show that its complete non-sense)

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/psb5n

I first dueled Jinsinswarrior, a different player playing a different spec (almost equally as overpowered however) at first he was adamant that mages were bad, and i did a couple of test duels to demonstrate this clearly, once i mentioned that i had been recording a duel he told me not to upload it because "people will play his spec", obviously this was just a lie and he didn't want warriors to face the nerf hammer (or mages to be buffed as they so rightly deserve) Its funny how even the "noble" become immoral when they are the ones playing the overpowered specs, and i think this clearly demonstrates how the rift community suggests "improvements" and why that rogues, warriors, and clerics are so ridiculously overpowered.

Im running a 61 necromancer spec in the videos (not the best but certainly should be adequate enough considering the MASSIVE difference in gear/level/prestige level/PA levels), and performing a variety of tests...

Duel 1 : No movement, No Sigil

Duel 2 : Slight movement, With Sigil

Duel 3 : Full gear, Full movement

Keep in mind this against a level 54 undergeared warrior at level 60 (with the best PvP gear on the server for Mage or very close) and almost MAX Planar attunement levels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdf3EaC2EBY

Obviously its just complete and utter non-sense and anybody with half a braincell who isn't a troll can see that.

A lot of people claim mages are really powerful because of a few reasons

a) they died to an inferno or a fulminate or a cinder burst, all 3 of which are only good as finishers where-as the damage a mage does leading up to that finisher is completely negligible against a skilled opponent.

b) They believe ranged damage is very powerful and automatically presume that its mage DPS, WRONG, its actually tempest, inquisitor, marksman, sab, and cabalist that are overpowered with abilities such as

Shock pulse
    Double Pulse
    Quick shot
    Empowered Shot
    Rapid Fire Shot
    Nysyrs rebuke
    Bolt of Retribution
    Bound Fate
    Tyranny of Death

Im not saying mages don't contribute to ranged damage BUT THEY CONTRIBUTE THE LEAST.

I still perform well because:

a) the warfront tables are broken, clearly
    b) I have people supporting me and im supporting the group

People claim that "its a group battle so you have to help the group well:

If a class, or calling, or spec is significantly overpowered OUTSIDE of a group, whats going to make it less overpowered INSIDE a group?

The answer: NOTHING, the micro reflects the macro.

Keep in mind that even though i was running necromancer at equal level the following (Pure) mage specs will get completely destroyed with no considerable effort or usage of CC's

Necromancer
    Pyromancer (2% hp win)
    Chloromancer/Archon (Hybrid heal/support spec utter lmfao no healing, even tactician/bard/riftstalker performs better in warfronts)
    Harbinger Pure

And people presume that mage is powerful because of its CC, well:

Warriors have sergeants orders and void summon, clearly the most overpowered CC in the game and now castable from 30 meters (its a stun, an interrupt, and a silence all in one move that pulls you out of heals and into damage, its ridiculous in all honesty and shouldn't exist, it also has NO hard counter)

And as you can see in this video clearly warriors have their own CC abilities such as interrupts and silences which are obviously extremely effective against mages.

The reason you presume our CC is good is because its ANNOYING and nothing more.

Now mages are the least powerful calling in the game, i know this from more playtime with a mage than the mage developer himself and though "magi" may respond to this post claiming that im "bad" or need to "L2P" all i have to say is bring it bro, and that they aren't true mages and most probably frequent there mage/warrior/cleric DPS alt a little too often to really care that much about mages, but they care enough to discredit my claims even though i have hard evidence.

I've been a mage advocate for a long time now, and mages have been broken for a LONG time and i thought SL would be the "fix" for mages that we have long deserved but no, mage is actually weaker now than it has ever been.

I will be posting this thread up as a duplicate in the mage forums because i believe it deserves the attention of BOTH forums, and as a warning to Trion who are quite unfair themselves sometimes regarding forum rules i say this:

If you delete, Lock, Close, Or otherwise censor this thread i will only re-post it, If you then decide to "block" my forum posting rights i will make it known in the game, if you then decide to ban me, well you are just being completely ignoble and i couldn't care less about your broken game.

Treat your veteran players who advocate for balance badly, but treat the trolls who break the game nicely and see how that fairs you in the future.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

So what are you trying to say?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    Im running a 61 necromancer spec
    bad spec.
    in the videos (not the best but certainly should be adequate enough considering the MASSIVE difference in gear/level/prestige level/PA levels), and performing a variety of tests...
    There is no massive difference in gear.
    Maybe level but not gear.
    Duel 1 : No movement, No Sigil
    wat?

Duel 2 : Slight movement, With Sigil
    what?
    Duel 3 : Full gear, Full movement
    What?

If you delete, Lock, Close, Or otherwise censor this thread i will only re-post it, If you then decide to "block" my forum posting rights i will make it known in the game, if you then decide to ban me, well you are just being completely ignoble and i couldn't care less about your broken game.[/B]
    So what you are saying is...you will keep posting regardless?
    Okay.

Reading that has had a negative effect on my IQ.
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 12-06-2012 at 10:31 PM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Well as a mage i gotta say I have no idea waht you are talking about. The only current classes that will destroy us with ease are Sins nbrs and mms thats really it lol.

he is trying to say gear = skill

Stop deliberately making bad specs to nerf other callings

stuff
    http://memearchive.net/animooted.com/original/51.gif

If you're such a well informed mage, like your post implies, why do you use a 61 Necro build?

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Champion

Put half your forum effort into the game. You'll be unstoppable.

Absolutely!

Lol.

Bad trolls are bad.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-

And the irony is in the last battle he didn't even use his shield + full self heal.

If he had he would have won.

Quote Originally Posted by Thedarkside View Post
    Well as a mage i gotta say I have no idea waht you are talking about. The only current classes that will destroy us with ease are Sins nbrs and mms thats really it lol.
    Tempest will put the hurt on you pretty quickly, and if you have no idea what i'm "talking" about well i included a handy video for you to watch and learn!!

:P

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast