+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Global movement speed increase and PVP.

Default Global movement speed increase and PVP.

Just curious what people think the new increased on-foot speed will do in PVP.

Predictions, HOOOO!
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Nothing since it's global.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Aww. I was hoping for some good rants before someone posted something logical. :[
    "You with your fancy cooldowns and "runic" power! You know where my power comes from!? THE BACK OF MY HAND, #&!$%!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gamma Ray View Post
    Aww. I was hoping for some good rants before someone posted something logical. :[
    I know right? Spaceboots ruining all the fun bringing logic to the Rift forums.
    Leondria 60 P6x Mage

Just curious what people think the new increased on-foot speed will do in PVP.

Predictions, HOOOO!
    we dont need more speed in pvp , that will advantage range classes

Sorry guys.. hmm.. something about rogues.

I wonder why they did change it though... where is the only place you are forced to run? That one horrible WF, karth? Oh and BG. I guess it's neato for that.

Oh I guess dungeons and raids to, but people just res where they died in this game anyway.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-06-2012 at 09:10 AM.

Sorry guys.. hmm.. something about rogues.

I wonder why they did change it though... where is the only place you are forced to run? That one horrible WF, karth? Oh and BG. I guess it's neato for that.
    It's alright. Shame on me for trying to get a giggle out of some (poor) flamebait.

I figured they changed it just for convenience. So very often, while gathering or even just around town, I see people mount up to cover short distances. This way, I imagine they'll be less inclined to do so. Little conveniences. *shrug*

Allrdy said in general forum that the idea is bad... the movement speed in pvp is allrdy to high. Some classes can allrdy run 10times around you in 1sec...

It's alright. Shame on me for trying to get a giggle out of some (poor) flamebait.
    It looks like it's working anyway. People just read the first post, maybe hit end to read the last post, then reply to either of those.
    I think you'll be good.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-06-2012 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by marodeur View Post
    Allrdy said in general forum that the idea is bad... the movement speed in pvp is allrdy to high. Some classes can allrdy run 10times around you in 1sec...
    I know man, I just had a rogue (figures, Trions fav class) run around me 13 times in 1 second, which is clearly too many times because before I could tolerate the 10 laps in 1 second, but now.....I won't sit for it.

I'm quitting rift if this is not reverted.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

So if global speed was increased by 200% for everyone, there would be no issues?

I doubt it's an issue, but logically, you can't just ramp up speed evenly and say it will work because it is all relatively the same. Try playing an FPS when someone jacks the server settings and makes everyone run at mach speed.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-06-2012 at 11:49 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So if global speed was increased by 200% for everyone, there would be no issues?
    :
    I like this idea, would make positioning that much more important. Not to mention it would make for one hell of a game lol.
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10f2rAzxEF8g

Rift Disciple

Anyone who has to stand still to cast/channel will be disadvantaged as it's going to result in less time being able to free cast before w/e melee soul gets into range to bash your face in. (Although no one plays melee anymore so this point may be moot right?). Meanwhile marksmen will be zipping around like the Flash on crack.

Haven't tried it yet so I'm unsure of how this changes things in reality.

In theory this further pushes the game towards more instant-casts since a person casting an ability can be interrupted easier since a melee can close the distance quicker.

Though in reality a good rogue will always shut down a caster (2 interrupt/silences at range on short cd), so it may be a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman2k11 View Post
    Anyone who has to stand still to cast/channel will be disadvantaged as it's going to result in less time being able to free cast before w/e melee soul gets into range to bash your face in. (Although no one plays melee anymore so this point may be moot right?). Meanwhile marksmen will be zipping around like the Flash on crack.
    It isn't any different still. If I'm going for you, and your targeting me, then I hope you aren't going just continue to still stand there, and will actually kite me.
    Which you all do.

Which is another problem all together.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-06-2012 at 02:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast