+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: Healing needs to be fixed.

Shadowlander

Default Healing needs to be fixed.

I'm sorry, I rarely post on forums but the nerf to healing in PVP is far too much. I do love what they did with it, making aoe healing in general weaker but the overall nerf while in PVP is insane. Rogues (marks) can easily counter any healer 1v1 being able to interrupt and silence for 5 seconds on a 15 second cd with there 12314231 range on abilities with insane burst. I agree healing did need a nerf with wardens running around pre 1.11 but the whole aspect of healing has changed and is much different now then before the expansion and needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Last edited by Phearsome; 12-06-2012 at 08:11 AM.

I'm sorry this is all I can say to this thread. --->

Shadowlander

and all ive gotta say is LOL @ your sig.

omg ..another post about healing cry

Mods seem to sleep . we have 834325 post about how weak healing is
    Last edited by Saia; 12-06-2012 at 08:28 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post

And you'd think Trion would come on the forums and let us know if any changes are in the works or not but have heard nothing.

You cry about heals but yet I have no problems with it, maybe you should check yourself?

Pvp healing is likely not being adjusted because it will effect pve healing. Whenever they try to introduce healing fixes or abilities that are pvp only they're almost always usable/(exploitable?) for pve. For example, creeping remedy, warden buffs/nerfs in the 1.? days. There's also the factor that many other aspects of pvp will be changed in addition to healing, and changing pvp gear or weapons will affect healing as well.

I think there's a pretty big disparity between the burst damage and the healing to counter it.

Burst is way too high....but I really doubt they would bring it down..so what would be the next best thing?

Boost up healing some. *runs away from LegendaryHeal*
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I think there's a pretty big disparity between the burst damage and the healing to counter it.

Burst is way too high....but I really doubt they would bring it down..so what would be the next best thing?

I know right? I want to be able to face tank 2 or 3 people while healing the group again. Trion please boost healing, the game should be 100% balanced around rank 50 pvp gears and sub 60 pvp...

You seem to forget that you are pvping in mostly the worst possible pvp gear available. The skill of players really shows when they don't have the gear to make up for how bad they really are.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    I know right? I want to be able to face tank 2 or 3 people while healing the group again. Trion please boost healing, the game should be 100% balanced around rank 50 pvp gears and sub 60 pvp...

You seem to forget that you are pvping in mostly the worst possible pvp gear available. The skill of players really shows when they don't have the gear to make up for how bad they really are.
    I completely agree with you but you have to admit, the burst is just too high for how much our heals got reduced. What was it, 55% nerf? Especially when AOE heals across the board are very low compaired to what they used to be like which I have no problem with but that with the 50% reduction I do.
    Last edited by Phearsome; 12-06-2012 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post

Burst needs an across the board nerf. But a rewrite of that nature would be pretty intense I imagine. It feels as though Trion has succeeded in some balancing and failed in others. I honestly don't think boosting heals will fix the problem. I think burst has just gotten wild intense.

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post

Even though I agree with you, I wish you would stop posting about **** that you have no understanding of. Roll a heal-speced cleric or mage, take it to 60.. no, you know what? Just take it to 50, play pvp for awhile, and then comment on whether or not heals are working.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by hziulquoigmnzhah View Post
    Burst needs an across the board nerf. But a rewrite of that nature would be pretty intense I imagine. It feels as though Trion has succeeded in some balancing and failed in others. I honestly don't think boosting heals will fix the problem. I think burst has just gotten wild intense.
    I agree, either or if one or the other changes I'll be a happy rifter.

Really only two things come to mind when talking about burst being too high

1. Nysr's Rebuke
    2. Some rogue talents, and they only need a slight emphasis on "slight" readuction

IMO quite literally there are maybe 4 damage abilities that need some adjustment. Other than that healing is in a really good place, it delays death long enough for either team to achieve objectives of WF's. The perma-steamrolls are getting few and far between, matches seem to be much more even.... again in my opinion the healers who relied on gear are coming here begging for buffs, the ones who were actually skillful are continuing on as usual.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

I don't mind if they keep healing how it is but only if they reduce burst in pvp and/or overall damage. Fact being that healing is not fun anymore when everyone is running around 3 shotting people. This is coming from a person that loved to queue up for 8 hours straight just to heal in wfs. Now i barely even get on because healing pisses me off that much.

Buff healing or nerf damage, one of which needs to be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmind View Post
    Really only two things come to mind when talking about burst being too high

1. Nysr's Rebuke
    2. Some rogue talents, and they only need a slight emphasis on "slight" readuction

IMO quite literally there are maybe 4 damage abilities that need some adjustment. Other than that healing is in a really good place, it delays death long enough for either team to achieve objectives of WF's. The perma-steamrolls are getting few and far between, matches seem to be much more even.... again in my opinion the healers who relied on gear are coming here begging for buffs, the ones who were actually skillful are continuing on as usual.
    I don't heal if I absolutely don't have to, though I do roll a cleric and I don't think healing needs to be buffed.

I AM however enjoying my damage output as a dps cleric for the first time since launch and Nysr's is a big part of that. Let's get real though, its a 1 min cd, you have to stand still, you can get LOS'd.... Let's just sweep the Nysr's nerf under the rug for right now ;) .

As a whole it just seems like all classes are putting out oodles of damage. In some ways it has made pvp all the more interesting. Because your statement also applies to tanks and dps it means that pvp is across the board more about playing intelligently than: Stand. Press macro 1, macro 2, macro 1, macro 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast