Closed Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Icw

Thread: Falic says: "F rift PVP"

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default Falic says: "F rift PVP"

    So, pvp is F'd. I find it frustrating for two reasons. 1) Most classes have issues right now....with the exception of rogues. Rogues have a pretty good deal right now melee and ranged do serious damage. 2) Instanced PVP gets old and WPVP is fun except their are no real objectives. CQ was a big zerging joke.

    The reason it is frustrating to me is because nothing is being done about it..... devs tweak a few things around here and there but it just leads to more issues.......... NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT EXPANDING ON PVP IN THIS GAME!!!!!

    The grind to 60 wasn't too bad.... UNLESS THE ONLY REASON YOU PLAY THIS GAME IS PVP. I will never do an onslaught again.

    I'm not going to rant on and on about each issue I've found with pvp. All I want to know is if trion plans on adding decent CONTENT to pvp anytime in the future. I would rather not waste anymore of my time playing the game if you dont plan on fixing this half of rift. If you need some inspiration just look at DAOC or Warhammer online. Their pvp ideas are fantastic but daoc is old and ****ty looking and warhammer failed due to server lag and class imbalance.

    I will most likely not play anymore until something changes..... its a shame because I've met tons of great players who are just waiting for rift pvp to get better. Trion you have my email address.... let me know when you want to a) give me my year of subscription money back or b) fix/add pvp to the game.

    I'm mad bro.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    A dev from Warhammer online and a dev from DAOC are working on a new game.

    On topic- yeah the pvp here needs some serious work.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Falic View Post
    So, pvp is F'd. I find it frustrating for two reasons. 1) Most classes have issues right now....with the exception of rogues. Rogues have a pretty good deal right now melee and ranged do serious damage. 2) Instanced PVP gets old and WPVP is fun except their are no real objectives. CQ was a big zerging joke.

    The reason it is frustrating to me is because nothing is being done about it..... devs tweak a few things around here and there but it just leads to more issues.......... NOTHING IS BEING DONE ABOUT EXPANDING ON PVP IN THIS GAME!!!!!

    The grind to 60 wasn't too bad.... UNLESS THE ONLY REASON YOU PLAY THIS GAME IS PVP. I will never do an onslaught again.

    I'm not going to rant on and on about each issue I've found with pvp. All I want to know is if trion plans on adding decent CONTENT to pvp anytime in the future. I would rather not waste anymore of my time playing the game if you dont plan on fixing this half of rift. If you need some inspiration just look at DAOC or Warhammer online. Their pvp ideas are fantastic but daoc is old and ****ty looking and warhammer failed due to server lag and class imbalance.

    I will most likely not play anymore until something changes..... its a shame because I've met tons of great players who are just waiting for rift pvp to get better. Trion you have my email address.... let me know when you want to a) give me my year of subscription money back or b) fix/add pvp to the game.

    I'm mad bro.
    I agree with you here.
    When you read the hotfix 4 post by Amary, you notice they actually do look in to feedbakc and suggestion.
    The simple fact that they HAVE read in to it and still didn't even hint towards doing anything about it leads me to believe that they are in fact satisfied with where their game is atm.
    PVE is still being patched, while PVP isn't even touched balance wise in 4 hotfixes.

    My conclusion. Trion doesn't think it needs any adjusting.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

  4. #4
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    A dev from Warhammer online and a dev from DAOC are working on a new game.

    On topic- yeah the pvp here needs some serious work.

    If warhammer devs and daoc devs got together and make a game I'm there. I just think rift underestimates the amount of people who want better pvp.....

  5. #5
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    I agree with you here.
    When you read the hotfix 4 post by Amary, you notice they actually do look in to feedbakc and suggestion.
    The simple fact that they HAVE read in to it and still didn't even hint towards doing anything about it leads me to believe that they are in fact satisfied with where their game is atm.
    PVE is still being patched, while PVP isn't even touched balance wise in 4 hotfixes.

    My conclusion. Trion doesn't think it needs any adjusting.


    Well its not just adjusting.... they need moar pvp. Instanced pvp gets old especially when you cant get a good 5v5 .... slaughtering people with your premade is fun but only for so long..... world pvp would bring tons of subs back to rift IF they did it right. CQ was not the way and the open world gankfest we have now since launch has no objectives.....other than kill 20 players. And with the different factions joining the same guild its impossible to world pvp with your friends as well.

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara Mire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    wish there was a game with class dynamic and soul as flexible as this and pvp content as rich as warhammer.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    This game has an engine like Eq2 and bodypaint like WoW. Chances are this game will remain the way it has. The PvP seems to be meeting a middle ground between those two games I mentioned. Apparently WoW had more PvP thought put into it. Eq2 didn't even have pvp servers until like an entire expansion release, lol (so please don't tell me about how pvp is an afterthought for Rift. If this game were Eq2 I think we'd JUST be getting pvp servers at this point in time - that is what afterthought PvP is). This game sure treats PvP'ers better than Eq2 did, but it sounds like it focuses on enough PvE content and style to sway away from how invested WoW's pvp is (from what I read).

    The other games mentioned sound like they sway farther in the direction of PvP than titles like EQ2 and WoW - perhaps the MMO's more here are looking for? Never tried any of these more pure pvp MMO's, but...if the shoe fits.

    2c.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-05-2012 at 05:51 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  8. #8
    Icw
    Icw is offline
    Telaran Icw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    90

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    A dev from Warhammer online and a dev from DAOC are working on a new game.

    On topic- yeah the pvp here needs some serious work.
    Elder Scrolls online? I'm saving my virginity for that game.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Misun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    The Sticks
    Posts
    5,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Icw View Post
    Elder Scrolls online? I'm saving my virginity for that game.
    Yes, that's it.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

    DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

  10. #10
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,332

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Falic, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

    Thank you!

Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts