+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Melee Rogues do WAY too much Damage

Telaran

Default Melee Rogues do WAY too much Damage

There is a rogue in my battle group that is almost always playing warfronts it seems. I inspected him one match when he was on my side and we have the same pvp set. He is running Nightblade/Riftstalker/Something else that doesn't give a buff so I don't know what it is.

In a 1v1 fight, I get him to 92% health and he kills me in THREE. BLOODY. HITS. All of my damaging abilities are absorbed, dodged, blocked, etc.; if I could live long enough Eradicate would solve this problem but, he three shots me. And because of the Nightblade bit of his spec, it's IMPOSSIBLE to kite him damage free, and of course Flame Thrust does a ridiculous amount of damage so LoSing in time isn't easy.

ANY class, no matter what it is, should have to choose: Be a high burster, or be very hard to kill.

They should not get to be BOTH of these things. Not even warriors are this bad, and that's saying a lot really.

I realize that there will always be one spec combination that does more damage than another spec, but a 88% difference with equal gear? That's insane. Even my RS/Sin spec does silly amounts of burst, and with enduring brew and phantom blow, it's hard to bring me down. This needs to be balanced.

They dont do too much damage, RS gives too much survivability without much damage penalty, like it always did.

This wouldnt be bad if all tanks souls had such a feature, but all other tanks souls require a heavy investment for benefits, to the point of voiding all damage.
    Last edited by Eughe; 12-05-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Flame Thrust does ridiculous damage?

This thread has potential for new discussion. We haven't embarked upon melee rogues much yet. Getting sick of all the MM banter.

New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    They dont do too much damage, RS gives too much survivability without much damage penalty, like it always did.

This wouldnt be bad if all tanks souls had such a feature, but all other tanks souls require a heavy investment for benefits, to the point of voiding all damage.
    Yeah, it's obvious it was balanced to three soul tanks. A lot of their defensive stat bonuses are 3 times stronger than any one of mine.

I guess it was to get them into low level dungeons, though it seems weird that this pve balancing wasn't just moved more into guardian phase, or higher up into the tree.

This kind of balancing makes for some awesome synergy, since essentially they are specing into 3 tank souls for the price of one.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-05-2012 at 01:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zehla View Post
    There is a rogue in my battle group that is almost always playing warfronts it seems. I inspected him one match when he was on my side and we have the same pvp set. He is running Nightblade/Riftstalker/Something else that doesn't give a buff so I don't know what it is.

In a 1v1 fight, I get him to 92% health and he kills me in THREE. BLOODY. HITS. All of my damaging abilities are absorbed, dodged, blocked, etc.; if I could live long enough Eradicate would solve this problem but, he three shots me. And because of the Nightblade bit of his spec, it's IMPOSSIBLE to kite him damage free, and of course Flame Thrust does a ridiculous amount of damage so LoSing in time isn't easy.

ANY class, no matter what it is, should have to choose: Be a high burster, or be very hard to kill.

They should not get to be BOTH of these things. Not even warriors are this bad, and that's saying a lot really.

I realize that there will always be one spec combination that does more damage than another spec, but a 88% difference with equal gear? That's insane. Even my RS/Sin spec does silly amounts of burst, and with enduring brew and phantom blow, it's hard to bring me down. This needs to be balanced.
    You may as well name the Rogue as long as you're here complaining about him.

Don't call the souls have the ability to 3 shot people in SL? Just 3 shot faster then the rogue and profit.

Blinkblade OP again?

Jiva@Faeblight
    <is Defenseless>

The damage output is subpar compared to other rogue souls but still relatively high, the survivability is easily the reason why it's so dangerous

RS indeed have ,a to good survivability but to say melee rogues have OP damage is a weak statement

Three hits, eh?

Seems legit.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Let me make a revalation for you guys. Rogues are op.... unless they get purged.

HOWEVER in terms of RS it's fine and not the problem, the problems are as follows

assassin - poisons/61sin with 3. All poisons had their internal CDs taken out so they can proc as many times as they want. great for PVE to give them comparable damage to other specs, bad for PVP since they could all proc 3 times a second if they really wanted to, allowing for the most burst in the game at the moment.

marksman- the damage buff was absolutly needed compared to what it was at in relation to other specs in the game, HOWEVER they kept all the utility they had originally for the most part which was a horrible idea. the movement speed increases need to be brought down or taken out from swift shot and hasted shot. they already have 2 knockbacks, a root, a breakfree/speed boost, and a leap away, which can all have their CDs reset whenever the rogue really needs it. if paired with RS for the blinks and damage cooldowns, forget about it. Another issue is that yes they nerfed eradicate thank god. but they also ruined most of the other purges in the game I believe. they need to lower the CD of every other purge in the game IMO to at most 5 seconds and make them purge more than 1 buff if they already don't. not only will that make MM less OP in terms of purging, it will give the game a more dynamic feel where people won't just spam damage and hope for the best but can actually have some purges to handle different situations (this would also make rogue melee specs less abusive because they rely heavily on buffs)

nightblade- has the ability to stack a lot of burst, I havn't used it yet in this epac so I don't know as much about it as a should.

I don't enjoy being OP, being able to focus one target by myself and have enough sustained burst to make them impossible to keep up with one healer and me not have to CC or purge anything is ridiculous

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Purging sort of lost its value when SL brought forth lots of new soul additions and changes that globally create a epic wall of buffs on everybody. If there is a bard refreshing 3 motifs every coda, forget purging that team entirely.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Exactly why I think they need to give every class OP purging.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Orangu View Post
    I don't enjoy being OP, being able to focus one target by myself and have enough sustained burst to make them impossible to keep up with one healer and me not have to CC or purge anything is ridiculous
    Thats one of the most honest things i ve read in the forums
    And unfortunately the way you see things is very rare
    Last edited by emferian; 12-05-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Im seeing a huge influx of assasin and NB laying me out from stealth with insane damage.

and I pvp as a TANK. so i notice the damage variance.... i can mitigate most other types of damage from most other classes, and then from stealth BOOM cut in two by a stealth rogue.
    and 4k blazing blades against 20+ point justicar =/
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast