+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dominator Silence

Default Dominator Silence

This needs a fixing. Theres no immunity to it like other cc's. It's almost perma silence if the dom knows what he's doin.

Rift Master

There is no good reason why it shouldn't have the same one minute cool down it had before.

I'm glad they gutted reflective presence, but AP without a cd is maybe worse.

They could do with greatly increasing the cool down on MM silence as well. And removing noise canceling coating from the game entirely. With dps more or less normalized across the callings and everyone having ranged options in SL, there's really no call for such caster-specific hate.

There is the same problem with Sab's Choking Gas Bomb. I dont like how they removed the abilities of burning Spellstones and Stickygrips in PvP. It makes no sense. On what planet are you worried about getting silenced or disarmed by a PvE mob???
    Enforcer | Schwarzeneggar | Enforced <-- Myrmidon

Tempagon PvP Video

Quote Originally Posted by The Ic0N View Post
    There is the same problem with Sab's Choking Gas Bomb. I dont like how they removed the abilities of burning Spellstones and Stickygrips in PvP. It makes no sense. On what planet are you worried about getting silenced or disarmed by a PvE mob???
    Spellstones are a consumable made for use in River of Souls.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    There is no good reason why it shouldn't have the same one minute cool down it had before.

I'm glad they gutted reflective presence, but AP without a cd is maybe worse.

They could do with greatly increasing the cool down on MM silence as well. And removing noise canceling coating from the game entirely. With dps more or less normalized across the callings and everyone having ranged options in SL, there's really no call for such caster-specific hate.
    I'm pretty sure AP has never had a cooldown, but who knows, I could be wrong.

As for the OP saying AP doesn't respect immunity, that's not true. The only silence in game (that I know of) that ignores DR is the Rogue's Choking Gas Bomb. The problem with AP, however, is that a smart Dominator can game the current DR system to manipulate how often his target will be affected, since DR currently only lasts as long as the CC that triggered it. Knowing that, a good Mage can control when people will be immune to his CC in order to maximize the effect of its use, instead of waiting for the DR from people spamming CC in their macros or just for the fun of it to expire, which may or may not create a window of opportunity for meaningful CC.

I wouldn't be against turning AP into, say, an AoE silence much like the Void Knight's Shock Burst, where it lasts for a substantial amount of time, but has a spam-prohibitive cooldown. Hell, you could make it just take charge off the top instead of draining it over time, kinda like how the new Reflective Presence does, as an added cost to compensate for the Mage's range, which the Void Knight might not share (ZAM's tooltip for it didn't have a range listed, so I'm not sure there).

Quote Originally Posted by Topology View Post
    As for the OP saying AP doesn't respect immunity, that's not true. The only silence in game (that I know of) that ignores DR is the Rogue's Choking Gas Bomb. The problem with AP, however, is that a smart Dominator can game the current DR system to manipulate how often his target will be affected, since DR currently only lasts as long as the CC that triggered it. Knowing that, a good Mage can control when people will be immune to his CC in order to maximize the effect of its use, instead of waiting for the DR from people spamming CC in their macros or just for the fun of it to expire, which may or may not create a window of opportunity for meaningful CC.
    Thanks for clearing that up. All I know is I'm silenced 80% of the time at a bridge fight in scion, by AP. You can keep toggling it on and off and keep people silenced, which is why I thought there's no immunity to it. Whatever the case may be, it needs a fix, it's pretty crazy in situations such as a scion bridge fight.

+ Reply to Thread