+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Great patch fixing all the pve stuff but what about the emtpy pvp shards?

Default Great patch fixing all the pve stuff but what about the emtpy pvp shards?

When are you guys gonna do a major change with the pvp system?
    No one wanna play on pvp shards mostly becouse now you can make friends with the other faction on pve shards. And no I wont leave a pve shard becouse then I know I will loose contact with alot of great players that play defiant faction.
    This game need a fresh and new pvp system, like guild vs guild and outlaws.
    The WF's are red team vs blue team anyway...

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

There are PVP shardS on the NA cluster?
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    There are PVP shardS on the NA cluster?
    hahahaha good one... Yea exactly.. NA have one emtpy pvp shard

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Apeach View Post
    When are you guys gonna do a major change with the pvp system?
    No one wanna play on pvp shards mostly becouse now you can make friends with the other faction on pve shards. And no I wont leave a pve shard becouse then I know I will loose contact with alot of great players that play defiant faction.
    This game need a fresh and new pvp system, like guild vs guild and outlaws.
    The WF's are red team vs blue team anyway...
    This is a player problem, not a dev problem. It was clear, even on PvP shards, during world events in chocolate Rift, people were more interested in working together to complete the event than in killing each other. Sure, AFTER the event was over there was a quick battle that took place where whichever side had more people rolled the side with less, but that was about the extent of world PvP.

BTW, you can communicate and have people on your friends list cross server. So if you are on Seastone and wanted to talk to me or friend me on deepwood, just type lathais@deepwood instead of just lathais. You can also create chat channels that work cross server. So say you are on deepwood and your friends are on seatone. You /join [MadeUpChannelNameHere] and they /join [MadeUpChannelNameHere]@Deepwood. You all have a channel you can hang out and keep in touch with, cross server and cross faction.
    Lathais@Deepwood - <The Praetorians> - 60 Rogue
    Check out this guide Guide for fresh 60's: The One Level 60 Guide - Updated for 2.5
    Check these out:Gaming/Computer Glasses
    My Multi-Touch Table Project

Peace broke out
    Last edited by kronan; 12-05-2012 at 07:29 AM.

The incentives for open world PvP are....

No carrot, no participation. Give them something to work with besides a temporary buff for closing a PvP rift. I know it's not our job to develop for them, but I'm sure Trion is all ears if you've got some great ideas.

I know the "real PvPer" mantra is that open world PvP doesn't need an incentive, but I've discovered this simply isn't true, and 90% of the PvP content is still available on PvE servers without the gank potential. I liked that constant heightened alert status you're placed on for PvP servers, but enough people don't that the populations dwindled, and I need both PvE and PvP to keep me entertained so I moved to a PvE shard with a richer raiding population.
    Currently playing Beermaid lvl 65 War

((

I think a lot of it is that people aren't interested in a truly dynamic world with unforeseeable dangers, especially when those dangers often outlevel you....

Outside of my wife and me, I rarely see anyone initiating anything resembling balanced battles.

Examples:

My wife and I at level 25 jumped two toons at level 25. 2v2, right? We defeated them. Then we left so as not to camp. One of them unmentored up to 36 and came at us. I was watching behind me, so I saw that and had time to unmentor myself up to 33. Still, you get the point: people don't like to PvP unless it means they win.

I mentored down to level 14 and started wreaking havoc during a Freemarch invasion (different toon). What happens? A level 43 comes in and stomps on me. Of course, I unmentored and destroyed him. Still, why do that? Because no one wants to even chance losing!

Anyway, that's why I think the shard has a low population, not because of an issue with friending.

))
    Last edited by Odamir; 12-05-2012 at 07:39 AM.

PvP isn't a primary focus in Rift, never has been.

The writing has been on the wall for a long time, which is why so many jumped ship for GW2 and other titles. With cross faction guilds not being possible on PvP servers, non exclusively PvP guilds (and some exclusively ones) found little reason to limit their recruitment options.

PvP servers are a dead concept as long as the idea of factions remains. Allow anyone to kill anyone, allow G's and D's to be in the same guild, and perhaps there'd be a reason to return to PvP shards.

In general, players don't like PvP, but PvP energizes player bases. It's been the curse of MMOs right from the onset in Ultima Online. Yelling at Trion as if they were the first company to try to tackle the problem is absurd. "You killed world PvP" has been the battle cry of the disgruntled PvPer in literally every MMO I've ever seen. The reality is that PvP gets old.

I'm not belittling PvP, here. I love PvP, but just like most players, I get bored of it quickly. Don't blame Trion for failing to solve that problem when literally no other MMO in history has solved it (GW2 might try to claim that title, but I invite you to wait a few months and listen for the cries of "you killed world PvP" from that quarter, too).

Trion claims they've got a solution in Defiance... I'll wait and see.
    Harmil is:
    Mev - 60 Mage (Archon, Harbalist, Chloro) Faeblight
    Pso - 50 Rogue Faeblight
    <Ascended of Corthana>
    Gaming blog: http://ajsgaming.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Fujitasix View Post
    I'm sure Trion is all ears if you've got some great ideas.
    Check the message boards for any MMO going back 15 years. Suggestions aplenty. Solutions are few.
    Harmil is:
    Mev - 60 Mage (Archon, Harbalist, Chloro) Faeblight
    Pso - 50 Rogue Faeblight
    <Ascended of Corthana>
    Gaming blog: http://ajsgaming.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by nemecis View Post
    PvP isn't a primary focus in Rift, never has been.
    if i offer something to a customer, i take care it is 100% satisfying him.
    if later on it shows the customer is not really happy with the product i go ahead and try to find out why and find a solution for it.

since addon release the pvp is hell of a crap.
    since addon release the pvp community is yelling out whats going wrong and what needs to be done to fix it, nothing happens not even a statement about it. (except the insane cleric cabba sh*t posted by a dev to tell ppl to abuse it as long as it lasts, rly nice one.....no words.)

what does 2.1 bring in any way for us pvp players? more pve content meaning new events? pvp players still need(?) to login frustrated and then logging out again after weekly quest is done or so?

ps: idc about any grammar mistakes or whatsoever this is not my native language i think everyone is understanding my point of view

ps2: this game was so great before 1.11+ arrived, now it feels dull

pvp needs more carrots, and also more content

All left here do this activity for purely fun, and more likely many of us do also pve same time, It gets a little frustrating to feel more motivated to do SL experts more often, I reached 400 hit finally, and in open world i must swap gear on the go, just to pvp with 5 defiants or so, and this happens in hot hours.

I'm not saying pve isnt fun, it just misses something, it gets old and boring after you learn the encounters, unlike pvp.

who would like to haunt on a pvp shard?

An universal shard would be awsome, all shards merged, a single universe :P

Unfortunately if you want to have the most meaningful world pvp ever on a pvp shard, it will require an essence of pve. You want PvP that matters? Take a look at EQ2's history when Avatars were introduced. Contested world mobs that dropped the (basically) indisputably best gear in the entire game, untouched by most other gear. Very unique effects on it, powerful ones too.

It was sure more intense to see videos/hear stories about how one guild took a shot at the mob, needed a whole other raid to fend off attackers, and have to fight one of the hardest mobs in the game, that drops the games best loot, while fending off attackers that send your stats into PvP values.

It sounds way to hardcore for this game though. But that is a carrot and meaningful challenge. Zone mobs that only distribute loot to 1 raid group a week (opposed to instances that get farmed), and said loot is the best loot you will get your hands on the entire expansion, while saying you dropped one of the hardest mobs the game has to offer. Nothing more meaningful than obtaining the best loot while directly denying competitors of the loot. But...that takes more skill than any of the tomfoolery I've seen pvp videos of in this world.

see, this is when PvP guilds not only slated themselves as the top PvP guild. But also made attempt to contend on the WW level with other raiding guilds.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-05-2012 at 01:09 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I have found in games that have stealth classes, the OWPVP dies off fairly fast and never makes a comeback no matter what carrots are placed out there for you.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

The carrot for open world PvP should be the PvP. But it's not due to players feeling entitled to get 'stuff' every time they do anything in game.

Wrong generation for open world PvP.

On a side note. The incentive in EQ2 open world PvP, prior to battlegrounds was titles and currency to buy PvP gear.
    Funny thing though once you got a high title, you no longer ventured out into the world in less than a raid, because you could also lose them.

Tldr : it's the singer not the song
    Last edited by Charlice; 12-05-2012 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Bacon

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast