+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: op in warfronts... imo

Default op in warfronts... imo

Rogues mm is slightly high irony mind there other mechanics of being able to escape, like being able to run fast

Rogues that pop out of hide with such great burst that they are almost sure to drop you before you hit break free just to be stunned again till feather by an off chance the fight they picked does not go the way they want it to they just slip away leaving you bleeding out.

In the past three weeks on a daily bases I have seen rogues camp spawn areas in wfs killing a player going back into hide just to do it again. Trion took away clerics ability to stop them from going into hide and warriors ability to see them. A class is broke if there is no counter to another classes ability.
    Mages range dps class is horrible to say the least long cast times to many dots and not enough burst. Harbangers I'm actually impressed with maybe to low of damage.
    Cloros are real close to balance with clerics.
    Which brings me to clerics Amy one button instawin is bad for a game. I feel if all burst damage was nerfed heals would not feel like a huge issue. All though after a fight is over it takes a cleric four heals to get a warriors bar to almost full seems a bit low.
    Warriors range is way to high even compared to rogues mm. There melee builds are a joke slow mechanics. No single Target dps maybe to high on air dps. But its not killing Jordan of people just making them take a step back.

All these classes needs work but as for rogues to be able to kill just about any build and never take damage in a one one one fight is broke, no matter what skill lvl folks are playing at and of course I'm talking about equal gear. Rogue can come on the forum and defend there class all they would like, but the fact is with the amount of folks dropping there subscriptions do you want to be standing around playing with your self?
    shadetree

Rogue can't hit for 4k.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Rogue can't hit for 4k.
    I've had it done to be by blazing strike... though I only remember it in the 55-59 bracket.

So what you are saying is, MM and Assassin work the same way they have worked for the last year+?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    I've had it done to be by blazing strike... though I only remember it in the 55-59 bracket.
    Obviously lying.
    Last edited by SWGMOD010; 12-04-2012 at 02:50 PM.

Also, Stormzill
    STORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORMSTORM

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So what you are saying is, MM and Assassin work the same way they have worked for the last year+?
    + a lot of damage.

My main gripe is. As a healer, all I can do is stand there and heal myself to counter their damage.
    While they are doing damage, I get silenced several times which completely stops me from healing, while i at best can chuck a rift tomb at them once every 2 minutes.

Yes, I can LoS, but they can do more damage on the move than I can heal on the move, and they WILL catch up.
    I know you play a rogue and are probably enjoying yourself. I don't blame you. But you have to admit their abilities coupled with their damage is out of line atm.

I have the same with Pyro in PVP atm. My damage on it is stupid and I do use it when I need a break from healing and just want to melt some faces off.
    I do it while admitting it's too strong atm though, and am expecting a nerf.
    Last edited by Cromyr; 12-04-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Quote Originally Posted by SWGMOD010 View Post
    Obviously lying.
    Attachment 8567

pixels and stuff

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Attachment 8567

pixels and stuff
    We already know that you're a photoshop expert from your avatar, jeez

Yes ever since vendetta made it the cookie cutter spec it has been op. So rogues can critic for 2k at a very fast pace, but feel there faster dps should crit for 4k.
    shadetree

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    Rogues mm is slightly high irony mind there other mechanics of being able to escape, like being able to run fast

Rogues that pop out of hide with such great burst that they are almost sure to drop you before you hit break free just to be stunned again till feather by an off chance the fight they picked does not go the way they want it to they just slip away leaving you bleeding out.

In the past three weeks on a daily bases I have seen rogues camp spawn areas in wfs killing a player going back into hide just to do it again. Trion took away clerics ability to stop them from going into hide and warriors ability to see them. A class is broke if there is no counter to another classes ability.
    Mages range dps class is horrible to say the least long cast times to many dots and not enough burst. Harbangers I'm actually impressed with maybe to low of damage.
    Cloros are real close to balance with clerics.
    Which brings me to clerics Amy one button instawin is bad for a game. I feel if all burst damage was nerfed heals would not feel like a huge issue. All though after a fight is over it takes a cleric four heals to get a warriors bar to almost full seems a bit low.
    Warriors range is way to high even compared to rogues mm. There melee builds are a joke slow mechanics. No single Target dps maybe to high on air dps. But its not killing Jordan of people just making them take a step back.

All these classes needs work but as for rogues to be able to kill just about any build and never take damage in a one one one fight is broke, no matter what skill lvl folks are playing at and of course I'm talking about equal gear. Rogue can come on the forum and defend there class all they would like, but the fact is with the amount of folks dropping there subscriptions do you want to be standing around playing with your self?
    A...learn 2 play is my advice ,and maybe at lvl 60 full pvp gear you will see that rogues are not OP.

Usually assassins have great burst but they die like a fly that u fart on . Sins are the type of glass canon class, and a skilled player should not have problems to bring a sin down easy ,after the initial burst they are weak.
    For mm i dont speak because i dont play one ,but maybe tank spec for rogues with huge points in RS can have some change ..atm riftstalkers are maybe to powerful , on this i can agree.

PS : If there is something to be balance for rogues ..hmm ...it may be Riftstalker soul for pvp , but assassins are not OP
    Last edited by Saia; 12-04-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt View Post
    All these classes needs work but as for rogues to be able to kill just about any build and never take damage in a one one one fight is broke, no matter what skill lvl folks are playing at and of course I'm talking about equal gear.
    So you want a pure rock/paper/scissors PvP model? So you know who you can kill and know who to run away from?
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

I heard somewhere that void bolt is the rock to rogues' scissors.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    I heard somewhere that void bolt is the rock to rogues' scissors.
    Rock, Paper, Lizards, Scissors, Void Bolt?
    "The way is shut, it was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it."

Quote Originally Posted by Saia View Post
    they die like a fly that u fart on
    What food do you eat to ensure that the fumes are toxic enough to both CC(flies have OP mobility) and kill the fly?

Assassin I'll admit is putting out noticeably higher damage - although it seems to do it's job well. Still has the same cons it has always had, and slip away just isn't a Godlike ability since they removed the immunity it granted the rogue while it was up. I miss doubling up slip away and old school cleanse soul on mages.

MM still feels like it does the same relative damage it has always done. Every soul got power gains in the higher trees, so I don't want to throw those out too much. Rogues are probably better overall in SL era because of how our CP storage changed. That is huge for many rogue souls. But they have always been mobile machines. Old school hit and run was major. Then 1.5 came and gave us awesome weapon enchantments.

The most major PvP related thing that has happened to MM increasing their perceived power imo is how we don't have to stand still to do maximum damage. For a MM kiting used to dramatically drop damage. Standing still would net about 30 - 36% raw damage increase for the whole soul. So the MM who really hurt you were standing still/easier to get. When the MM was on the move, their damage wasn't near as impressive. Couple this with the fact that MM get an insta cast ability proc that is usually casted - and maybe that is why you get the MM result you have now. Because now when MM run, they have access to all their damaging abilities but one, and do not lose damage.

I think that is maybe why people hate MM more now, maybe it is just pain to punishment that we don't lose damage out-put anymore for running around at mach speed. I bet if MM still had to stand still or lose out on 35% damage, people wouldn't care as much.

As for comparing damage of MM with other souls. If souls like a BD or Sin could execute their abilities from range - people would say "what is a MM?". The raw damage is nothing insane. Probably more what I described earlier causing everyone to go up in arms.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast