• 1 Post By Elyss
  • 2 Post By Charlice
  • 3 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Hashashin
  • 1 Post By emferian

Thread: Another Arena Thread

Soulwalker

Default Another Arena Thread

So after a thinking over it a bit I have found a solution that could potentially sate both sides of the fence. The addition of arenas could take place however, allow no form a reward other than general kill favor. Without rewards or prestige gain effectively remove abuse and remove the need for balance based around arenas. A great addition would be to of course add a ranking format per 2's, 3's, and 5's so we can flex our epeens. Though ranking may cause people to QQ about balance i can simply be stated that they are there only for fun. Also it might be a good idea to allow dimensions to be placed into the arena que thus removing the need for DEV's to waste too many resources as the backend is already there for entrance now it would just require a que system(of which I am pretty sure a minor modification of the WF system could fill this with ease).

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Elyss View Post
    So after a thinking over it a bit I have found a solution that could potentially sate both sides of the fence. The addition of arenas could take place however, allow no form a reward other than general kill favor. Without rewards or prestige gain effectively remove abuse and remove the need for balance based around arenas. A great addition would be to of course add a ranking format per 2's, 3's, and 5's so we can flex our epeens. Though ranking may cause people to QQ about balance i can simply be stated that they are there only for fun. Also it might be a good idea to allow dimensions to be placed into the arena que thus removing the need for DEV's to waste too many resources as the backend is already there for entrance now it would just require a que system(of which I am pretty sure a minor modification of the WF system could fill this with ease).
    Rewarding arenas with their own dimension props is a good idea

But serious, only ratings should be given in social boards like the rest of the pvp. Nothing more.

I will be one pissed customer if the game turns into Wift. If it happens one day, hopefully the likes of SWTOR evolves with a better mock RvR expansion to switch over to. CQ is what brought my old skool subscription back for.

Enough of the wow mindset please

they should just make dueling available in groups, and you could have your own little arena's in your guild dimensions or whatever.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Right click group leader portrait of other group/raid.

Challenge to private WF: *drop down of the 6 WFs*.

Choose WF.

Group A challenges you to Codex, do you accept. Yes.

WHOA LOL WE HAVE AREANS.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    they should just make dueling available in groups, and you could have your own little arena's in your guild dimensions or whatever.
    Yes!

Back in CoX we turned our base in an unsolvable maze once. Attacking supergroup had a member that had to be let out via edit mode. Vent was full of laughs over it. Dimensions should have the arena flavor indeed. And keep it light...don't forget the favor trading btw. Cap it daily if used. Or that could turn into SWTOR or WAR before devs wake up.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Choose WF.

WHOA LOL WE HAVE AREANS.
    Too easy. .

Arena is a MUST for Rift ,there the real skill it is
    Last edited by Saia; 12-04-2012 at 03:24 PM.

With the addition of these marks, I am always favor capped. I don't needing more favor is the issue;o

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Choose WF.

WHOA LOL WE HAVE AREANS.

I can see it now 2 healers 3 tanks no team can win objective based PvP better :P

LFM NEED 3 TANKS FOR CODEX PST.

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    I can see it now 2 healers 3 tanks no team can win objective based PvP better :P

Why does it have to be 5 v 5? I said group or raid challenges.

Team synergy/competency > exact callings used.

If you can't kill anyone you won't do WF's well either. Stop acting incompetent.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

As far as i know Trion official said that they wil never add Arenas...

I quite sure i read/heard it at an interview somewhere but i cant seem to be able to find the page...

If we could get group/raid duels, then we could just make our own arenas in our Dimensions and all would be great...
    If this could work across servers then it would be even better...

Personally i dont need any favor/prestige rewards or a rating system from arenas... having fun in group fights is all i need
    Last edited by emferian; 12-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Doesn't matter, people just want to run around like a bunch of clowns and play deathmatch. Deathmatch was a cool vanilla game, but the epic pro's who won 15k+ cash prizes for their gaming skills were ones who could balance objective gameplay combined with global awareness, while being a lethal person cross paths with. Those were pro gamers. Now apparently the pro's just play this tunnel visioned games where kills are king and nothing else. I just hate what the gaming community/world has turned into. Maybe it is just this genre. It's utterly embarrassing to even consider being a part of.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Why does it have to be 5 v 5? I said group or raid challenges.

Team synergy/competency > exact callings used.

If you can't kill anyone you won't do WF's well either. Stop acting incompetent.
    Sure it doesn't have to be 5v5.

"LFM 10 TANKS FOR CODEX PST"

I mean objective based PvP is the only way to test a players competency. The amount of sheer skill it takes to click a fang and get healed through its damage is overwhelming for most players.

I personally dont cap objectives because its too big of a challenge for me. THAT **** IS SCARY DAWG WHAT IF I LOSE?

On a serious note though, It does take coordination to cap 5 objectives faster and better then the other team. but i would hardly call that an "ARENA" you know... as in the one this thread is titled after? I wonder how many gladiators back in the day had to hold a stone above his head while fighting his opponent? and if he could hold the stone longer then the other guy did he get to walk away the winner?

Arena.... not premade WF's

edit: please take us on a journey through your history of wonderful skill based objective capping in video games again. We love that story it never gets old.
    Last edited by definitelynotzoar; 12-04-2012 at 06:31 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post

This. One of the reasons why this arena talk is a complete fail. Arenas would place more souls on the shelf to collect dust. It will be about a cookie cutter teams...and the worst part, players thinking they are cool creating names for them as done for with soul specs:P

Again I don't buy all the pros from wow spawns. It's about rockpaperscissors & OPs...yawn. Let's say Trion does bring in arenas...they got some serious soul balancing to do for training all souls to be used. Which I don't see them doing.

Let go of the dream kids....seriously. And stop wasting everyone's time, including us naysayers combatting such a terrible idea.

You can still duel in the pit Just petition for team duels and call it a day.
    Last edited by Hashashin; 12-05-2012 at 11:25 AM.

+ Reply to Thread