+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2 Hand Swords look like cleavers

Shadowlander

Default 2 Hand Swords look like cleavers

We go from having amazing swords leveling up that are long and very sword like...... the first pvp sword is great and can't be done any better but as you move up in level I see a lot of cleavers. In order to make these swords look more like swords it would look a lot nicer if they were longer and not so short and were a little more slender. I can't be the only one that is annoyed by this. I mean look at the Sentinel and Vanguard Greatswords.... even the Rank 50 Greatsword looked awesome. The new ones in SL looks great but the endgame PVP ones are lackluster and have the same model as crafted blue names swords. I hope this is looked at more closely.

throughout history there has been more short n stubby swords like the gladius than there has been long n lithe like the katana.

even then, such long swords have generaly been "one handed" in usage; often wielded with two hands but able to be used with just one as well.

true 2 hander swords - those completely impactical to use with just one hand - have tended to be broad as well as long, and wielded as much as a club as a sword.

as for the swords in rift: i've always thought rifts designs were more spare and brutal in nature, the 2hander cleaver fits right in with that. a beast of a sword deserves to look like a beast.
    if you want something that gives the impression of grace and finesse, you should be looking for a one handed sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    throughout history there has been more short n stubby swords like the gladius than there has been long n lithe like the katana.

even then, such long swords have generaly been "one handed" in usage; often wielded with two hands but able to be used with just one as well.

true 2 hander swords - those completely impactical to use with just one hand - have tended to be broad as well as long, and wielded as much as a club as a sword.

as for the swords in rift: i've always thought rifts designs were more spare and brutal in nature, the 2hander cleaver fits right in with that. a beast of a sword deserves to look like a beast.
    if you want something that gives the impression of grace and finesse, you should be looking for a one handed sword.
    First of all, this is a fantasy game and not history at all...... Rift just recently changed their weapon designs..... I have been playing the game for a long time and have noticed that the 2 hand swords have become more Broad and short and the 1 hand swords have become just as long as the 2 hand. Im also wondering why the best PVP weapon in the game has the same model as a crafted blue named 2 hand sword it should have a better look than something that is a POS crafted item. From Sentinel and Vanguard swords to this..... even the crafted epic sword in the original Rift game was slender and long. Atleast add in some that fit to other preferences or heck, make them more unique and I wouldn't be so upset but they are very generic unlike the rank 50 weapons which were never before seen in the game. BTW many NPC players that use 2 hand swords are using slender models I have yet to see one use a cleaver.

BTW this isn't history but even in history the greatsword wasn't a dang cleaver it was long and slender, flexible aswell. Watch Braveheart and look up information on the Claymore. Just saying, the design overall of their 2 hands has gotten short and stubby and that IMO is very repulsive. If anyone has any information on if this model for the BEST PVP WEAPON is a place holder, let me know please. Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread