+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By definitelynotzoar
  • 1 Post By Division

Thread: Pvp

Rift Disciple

Default Pvp

Yes, It is absolutely fair. We all rolled whatever class and whatever faction and we've all had our ups and downs. As it is right now (not so much factions) but some classes(souls) are a bit over-the-top and some are a bit lackluster.

With that being said, usually such "over-the-top"-- abilities, soul combinations, items, consumables, passives, racial abilities -- are toned down to the so-called norm and we can all go about living our happy Pvp lives.

When can I go live my happy Pvp life?

GO ZOAR! GO!
    Fourtyfour

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

We get to live our happy PvP like when we pay for another sub in a different MMO at the same time that maintains more balance, content, non objective based PvP, feedback, and communication. everything Trion lacks when it comes to its PvP game.

If Im not mistaken they actually test things as well. Rift is small potatoes I have taken a step back and realized that Rift is not a game to be taken even slightly seriously when it comes to PvP.

I love the game and the souls system but it will never amount to much if not taken seriously by Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    Rift is small potatoes I have taken a step back and realized that Rift is not a game to be taken even slightly seriously when it comes to PvP.
    MMO PvP isn't to be taken serious, ever. You guys must be youngin's or something. You die-hard PvP players really missed the boat where online competitive gaming was at a peak during '98 - '04. Anyone who was into a big name competitive game during that era probably has trouble taking any game serious now for pure skilled competition. Even some of the die-hard players I know from that era still in the scene either just go vacation-mode into MMOs (how I ended up in this genre - wanted something finally slower paced and to be taken less serious) or have been jumping so many games because nothing comes out that satisfies the hunger.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-04-2012 at 06:49 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple definitelynotzoar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    MMO PvP isn't to be taken serious, ever. You guys must be youngin's or something. You die-hard PvP players really missed the boat where online competitive gaming was at a peak during '98 - '04. Anyone who was into a big name competitive game during that era probably has trouble taking any game serious now for pure skilled competition. Even some of the die-hard players I know from that era still in the scene either just go vacation-mode into MMOs (how I ended up in this genre - wanted something finally slower paced and to be taken less serious) or have been jumping so many games because nothing comes out that satisfies the hunger.
    Its nice that those who have retired from the most hardcore and competitive pvp games in completely different genres decide to retire to MMO's for casual play. However that does not have to mean that just because you are casual at it it shouldn't be hardcore and competitive.

In 98-04 I was doing drugs and partying with chicks not playing video games. It wasn't until i got out of the Military settled down and had a family that i started playing games a lot. As much as I wish I was in the video game scene to experience all it had to offer I cant go back in time nor can anyone else in my position. I dont think we need to be cut out of that experience because casual MMO players disagree with its purpose and moved on from that style of game play.

None of this changes the fact that 2.0 has been complete dog doo doo when it comes to balance. and that for certain is not enjoyable at all whether it be competitively on a small scale or on large scale with objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by definitelynotzoar View Post
    In 98-04 I was doing drugs and partying with chicks not playing video games. It wasn't until i got out of the Military settled down and had a family that i started playing games a lot.
    Pwned

/10char
    IdolizeThis of Wasted Talent <> Im a killer and I usually know my victims so I catch alot of bodies on the homie system.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10f2rAzxEF8g

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Just because the 2 games require different skill sets doesn't mean one game is less skillful than other. I don't see Thresh or Fatality doing well in any MMO if you are only considering them good gamers, vacation mode or not..unless they practice for a long time knowing every classes' abilities, and then trying to predict how a person will react using those abilities in a given situation, they will get their ***** handed to them. They were successful in those games because they could predict where someone could be on a map and knowing where people couild pick up weapons etc and what to expect based on that, there were more constants and less things you had to know about any opponent.

Dispite that variability in MMOs, you see the same people on the ladder doing well season after season dispite buffs and nerfs.
    Last edited by Division; 12-04-2012 at 11:42 PM.

+ Reply to Thread