+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Healing needs to be toned down in PVP

Champion

Default Healing needs to be toned down in PVP

It's ridiculous that a healer can heal through everything you throw at him, resist silences and stuns and out heal any damage you do not only to them but to everyone else. Healing needs to be toned way the f-down. Every warfront has become: the team with the most heals wins.

I can't believe that after all of the healing nerfs that have been thrown out there..you still have a problem killing healers?

See folks, this is why the wf's are in such bad shape.

People like this guy crying for nerfs.
    Pridy Bebe of Mobile Death Squad @Faeblight

DYER the best unofficial Rift forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    I can't believe that after all of the healing nerfs that have been thrown out there..you still have a problem killing healers?

See folks, this is why the wf's are in such bad shape.

People like this guy crying for nerfs.
    I'm surprised you are taking this post serious.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

oh yes... this will be good.

I think the healing is fine. If anything, the mana cost of heals should be looked at. Yes, I know clerics and mages can regen mana but the time to do that prevents them from healing further. Which would then bring up the topic of Dom's draining mana.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    I'm surprised you are taking this post serious.
    With how gimp healing is now, I'm on the defensive anytime someone cries about healing being "too op"

Istead of nerfing damage which is the real problem they just to increase the valor bonus by about 20%. This wouldnt mess with pve at all. Then give everyone a base valor amount and take it off gear. This would still allow for open world pvp and create balance among classes. PVP gear should give a major bonus to vengence to make it better then pve gear in pvp. When this is all done healing needs to be brought in line so that wfs are not dependent on healers. Right now damage is > then healing by a lot, however the reverse is worse because then healers become gods again.

Champion

healing is far from being gimpy, at least in PVP. It shouldn't take 3 people beating on a healer to kill him. All other classes are competitive against each other in one on one. Not with healers. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Every WF is the team with the most healers wins. Are you going to deny that?

Quote Originally Posted by Granpa View Post
    healing is far from being gimpy, at least in PVP. It shouldn't take 3 people beating on a healer to kill him. All other classes are competitive against each other in one on one. Not with healers. If you can't see that, then I don't know what to tell you. Every WF is the team with the most healers wins. Are you going to deny that?
    Really? Because often times the team with the most dps wins.

I'm just going to assume that you're trolling...because at this point in the game if you have a problem killing a healer...

Well, I'm not going to get banned for speaking my mind. I'm sure people can come to their own conclusions.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Misun View Post
    With how gimp healing is now, I'm on the defensive anytime someone cries about healing being "too op"
    I agree with you here but honestly. even though the Devs have shown how incapable they are when it comes to releasing balanced PVP in a pay to play expansion, I really don't think they're stupid enopugh to believe a guy like this.

Anyone who's played any decent amount of PVP @60 knows that if you get on a half decent DPS spec now, on any calling you'll drop a single healer no matter what.

The only exception is having several healers focussing one healer to keep him alive against focus. And even then, focus from the other team will outdamage the heals.

There is one of three thingas going on here.
    1: OP is trolling.
    2: OP has no idea how to proper spec DPS.
    3: OP doesn't notice 2 other healers healing his target aswell.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage

Nerf heals, buff rogues, force warriors to tank!

Problem?

Plane Touched

Every WF is the team with the most healers wins. Are you going to deny that?
    Yes.

Put 5 rogues in a library match vs a team with 1 or 2 healers and any other combination you want. Then have the rogues spec NB/RS

Just to clarify. This is what happend yesterday when my guildy and i decided to try out NB/RS and we ended up with 3 other rogues vs a team with a healer and we demolished them with little effort.
    Last edited by Cromyr; 12-03-2012 at 08:28 AM.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage

It's ridiculous that a healer can heal through everything you throw at him, resist silences and stuns and out heal any damage you do not only to them but to everyone else. Healing needs to be toned way the f-down. Every warfront has become: the team with the most heals wins.
    <Sniff> <Sniff...>

I smells a troll and he smells bad.

Telaran

I think that's what he wanted to say, but just missed some words :

It's ridiculous that a healer can't heal through everything you throw at him, do notresist silences and stuns and can't out heal any damage you do not only to them but to everyone else. Healing needs to be toned way the f-up. Every warfront has become: the team with the less whiners wins.
    Am I right?

(Retired) Shaykeyurass - Tabouret TDQ 4/4 - FT 4/4 - EE 5/5

[QUOTE=Granpa;4057011 resist silences and stuns.[/QUOTE]

This leads me to believe that you are not noticing the huge icon that shows the "immune" effect on the healer.

That means that the healer is immune, because someone has already used those abilities on the healer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast