+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: PvP very uneven Guardians/Defiant

Default PvP very uneven Guardians/Defiant

How uneven has PvP been lately. I spent at least 3 hours yesterday with about 5 wins on Defiant side and again today using my pvp pots for 2 hours straight with 2 wins on Defiant side playing library. Some games we only got a few kills.

Guardians are playing smart while Defiant play like a bunch of *******es who will not pick up runes in library and don't focus attacks on guardian holders.
    It takes Defiants twice as long to level up so now that were all one happy family how about do some sort of rotation of 4 fights with your side and one on the other side if the numbers are even. Defiant teams are just so frustrating 80-90% of the time most of them just pew pew or afk and don't think about doing what's needed to win the game e.g. In library they will just stand next to rune, in whitefall and black garden the same, no one wants to pick up. Then there's codex if nothing is said at the beginning to all go to sex then everyone goes everywhere but dex.

Having said that today was a smash festival for guardians. I wouldn't mind Trion checking the last 2-3 hours in library today to check some of the damage done from guardians. I've never seen damage dished out like that before. This is lv 51-59.
    At the end of the day if Defiants are so demoralized that they don't try to win from the start then a mix is needed in pvp, but I wouldn't mind a check on yesterday and last few hours today on weekend double bonus in library.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    How uneven has PvP been lately. I spent at least 3 hours yesterday with about 5 wins on Defiant side and again today using my pvp pots for 2 hours straight with 2 wins on Defiant side playing library. Some games we only got a few kills.

Guardians are playing smart while Defiant play like a bunch of *******es who will not pick up runes in library and don't focus attacks on guardian holders.
    It takes Defiants twice as long to level up so now that were all one happy family how about do some sort of rotation of 4 fights with your side and one on the other side if the numbers are even. Defiant teams are just so frustrating 80-90% of the time most of them just pew pew or afk and don't think about doing what's needed to win the game e.g. In library they will just stand next to rune, in whitefall and black garden the same, no one wants to pick up. Then there's codex if nothing is said at the beginning to all go to sex then everyone goes everywhere but dex.

Having said that today was a smash festival for guardians. I wouldn't mind Trion checking the last 2-3 hours in library today to check some of the damage done from guardians. I've never seen damage dished out like that before. This is lv 51-59.
    At the end of the day if Defiants are so demoralized that they don't try to win from the start then a mix is needed in pvp, but I wouldn't mind a check on yesterday and last few hours today on weekend double bonus in library.
    (That's go to "dex" not sex ;)
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

a) Nothing differs between the two factions, mechanically, so we can't play the faction card on performance.
    b) Red vs. Blue, sometimes Red wins more, sometimes Blue wins more. Trion can't nerf/buff players.
    c) I like swords. Pew pew!
    Last edited by Kyera; 12-03-2012 at 05:37 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Defiant does not have many PvP'ers right now - tough luck*
    Last edited by micshaz; 12-03-2012 at 05:44 AM.

Not everyone who plays warfronts plays to win. Some people play to see if they can be #1 in dps or kb's or healing. We're all just grinding out prestige levels until such a time winning actually matters. Until then, don't get worked up over it. I play to win too, but I have to be realistic about what to expect from other players. Try to have some fun out there, talk some smack to liven it up, and come on the forum and declare yourself a PvP god.
    Beyond the point of caring.

Quote Originally Posted by FourRums View Post
    Not everyone who plays warfronts plays to win. Some people play to see if they can be #1 in dps or kb's or healing. We're all just grinding out prestige levels until such a time winning actually matters. Until then, don't get worked up over it. I play to win too, but I have to be realistic about what to expect from other players. Try to have some fun out there, talk some smack to liven it up, and come on the forum and declare yourself a PvP god.
    I respect you greatly and consider you a worthy adversary, frankly i still have much to learn myself.

amidoingitrite?

I am one of these people. I play for my stats....
    but
    as I have always said, if you WIN the pvp you will usually win the game. yes you CAN win the pvp and lose the game but its not often.
    the complaint here is that he isnt winning the pvp OR winning the game.

its amazing how much complaining i got this weekend about how unbalanced the games were . its like so many people come from WoW that they blame EVERYTHING on factions.

here are facts about this game you now play

Defiant can join Guardian teams and vice versa
    Racials no longer apply to pvp
    all stats are normalized so nobody has a gear advantage in sub 60 pvp
    both factions have all the same classes with all the same abilities

so what are you blaming your wins and losses on? people who become RED players all of the sudden play worse and then when the same guy gets a pop and sees his border in blue he now plays worse?
    because you can no longer say GUARDIANS PLAY BETTER.. since you now have guardians on your team.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    I respect you greatly and consider you a worthy adversary, frankly i still have much to learn myself.

amidoingitrite?
    Aw, cheer up mate. You are a snappy dresser!

Yep. Claiming that one faction or another has an advantage is pretty invalid since the merc system was put in place. If you're still convinced that Defiant players are sissy-girls, find a guardian buddy and queue with them. I believe that if you get merced in a group, the group goes on the faction of the leader. It may actually be random, but that's how it's worked every time I've queued with mixed factions.

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    I am one of these people. I play for my stats....
    but
    as I have always said, if you WIN the pvp you will usually win the game. yes you CAN win the pvp and lose the game but its not often.
    the complaint here is that he isnt winning the pvp OR winning the game.

[cut for space]
    The other factor, I think, is Trion's bizarre matchmaking system. Some matches just don't seem to set up well with a lot of one or two classes on one team and a third class making up the majority of the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Star View Post
    Yep. Claiming that one faction or another has an advantage is pretty invalid since the merc system was put in place. If you're still convinced that Defiant players are sissy-girls, find a guardian buddy and queue with them. I believe that if you get merced in a group, the group goes on the faction of the leader. It may actually be random, but that's how it's worked every time I've queued with mixed factions.
    "Yay! We're on the Guardian team."

"Uh-oh, the Defiant team is a Wasted Talent premade."

The defiants must be playing their 40-49 characters, because at one point this weekend my level 44 guardian could not win a wf for an hour and a half, and the guardians were utterly clueless in the exact way you described.

"Pass assist? What's that?"
    "Capture dex because it gives more points? Why's that better than fighting in the middle?"
    "Why would I pick up a rune? It kills me."

"Yay! We're on the Guardian team."

"Uh-oh, the Defiant team is a Wasted Talent premade."
    I actually don't seem to go up against premades when I queue duo. Not sure if just lucky...

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post

Funny thing is, I have the EXACT opposite experience. The defiant I face are coordinated and on-their-game. The Guardians on my team like to run into 1v6's and then yell at healers for not keepnig them alive.

To each their own.

1) Good ol' Failiant!
    2) Winning doesn't matter? Oh.
    3) There are premades that win?
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast