+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: PSA: Do Not Buy PvP Essences

Default PSA: Do Not Buy PvP Essences

This post inspired me to create this thread. LINK.

I had suspicions about it before, but this is stupid.

Here's some testing done by myself. I am a max PA cleric using this spec. 61sent/15puri/0ward.

1. Here's me in full t1 merc gear. Synergy crystal + seal + full conquest pvp sigil. LINK.

2. Same thing, except I replaced my pvp sigil with a barnacle sigil that has my old earth resist set in it. LINK. Here's one with no sigil at all. LINK

3. I then entered with the earth resist set equipped. Here are my stats in a warfront with it equipped. LINK. Here's one with me without a sigil. LINK.

4. I then swap to my pvp sigil. Here is the result. LINK.

Calculations:

Earth Sigil:
    Health: 22620
    Mana: 15766
    Int: 729
    Wis: 1193
    End: 1669
    SP: 3203
    SC: 1376
    Veng: 835
    Valor: 4062
    Valor Mitigation: 61.5%

PvP Sigil:
    Health: 22620
    Mana: 15766
    Int: 729
    Wis: 1193
    End: 1669
    SP: 3187
    SC: 1349
    Veng: 890
    Valor: 4290
    Valor Mitigation: 65%

Difference:

Formula: PvP stats - Earth Core Stats

Health: 0
    Mana: 0
    Int: 0
    Wis: 0
    End: 0
    SP: -16
    SC: -27
    Veng: +55
    Valor: +228
    Valor Mitigation: +3.5%

Where I need help:

Due to my lack of PvE resources right now, I need someone to buy a conquest trinket (+50 vengeance type) and stack it with BIS PvE essences, focusing on one stat like SP/SC or AP/PC. Post the results comparing it to your PvP sigil while in a warfront.

Conclusions:

No-sigil has exactly the same stats inside and outside of warfronts. Therefore you need a sigil. What that sigil is best filled with is up for debate.

Here's my hypothesis: All stats are equalized except SP/AP and SC/PC and Veng/Valor. My difference in Vengeance is coming solely from my conquest sigil which gives +50 Veng and somehow +5 from somewhere else.

Yes, I know my title is technically wrong while I'm still waiting for someone to help me with their PvP sigil + BIS PvE essences. Realistically, you'll have so much favor while waiting for freelancer marks that you may want to buy the essences anyway. But still, this is very stupid.

this is a very pertinent conclusion ...i wonder wtf trion devs are doing and why they mess so bad things for us pvp players ....

PS: Because all the cry from some ,they make pvp gear so useless , and to have full pvp tier 1 set is equal to have tier 3 pvp set ..who knows
    Last edited by Saia; 12-02-2012 at 07:59 PM.

If I'm right the best in slot pvp sigil + essence combo is the conquest (+50 vengeance) sigil + full BIS PvE essences stacking SP/AP.

Seriously dumb.

I am a bit confused, everything looks to check out to me. Your earth stuff looks like it is being bolstered to the pvp essences while losing its sp/sc stats. I only thought they shouldn't give you vengeance as part of the bolster because it takes a bit away from actually owning the pvp items. But valor this game has been about normalizing. So if you don't use the pvp essences, you pretty much get the pvp essences in WF's without valor.

Unless are you saying it's not normalizing all your sub core stats? Just a lot of screenshots man.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 08:24 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am a bit confused, everything looks to check out to me. Your earth stuff looks like it is being bolstered to the pvp essences while losing its sp/sc stats. I only thought they shouldn't give you vengeance as part of the bolster because it takes a bit away from actually owning the pvp items. But valor this game has been about normalizing. So if you don't use the pvp essences, you pretty much get the pvp essences in WF's without valor.
    I may have been a bit confusing so I'll straighten this out now.

I am LOSING SP/SC by swapping to the PvP sigil from the PvE Earth Sigil.. I am GAINING VENG/VALOR by swapping to the PvP sigil from the PvE Earth Sigil.

228 valor and 55 vengeance is gained from swapping to PvP sigil from my PvE Earth Sigil.. I lose 16SP and 27SC from swapping to the PvP sigil from my PvE Earth Sigil.

50 of the 55 vengeance might even come from my PvP sigil.

Edit: yay christmas colors!
    Last edited by Valnak; 12-02-2012 at 08:28 PM.

I don't know man, I've read the OP, looked at those screenshots, and read your recent post at least 5 times. I feel like it's Chinese. I just don't get it.

I don't think you are gaining vengeance because you are being bolstered to rune stats that carry vengeance. Maybe you lose the small about of SP and SC because somehow an essence you have isn't getting caught by the bolstering? If it was really not bolstering and counting all your stats in a pve sigil I imagine you would have lost more SP and SC than that.

I already have a major headache trying to still figure out what is going on here. Even the post you linked to makes no sense to me.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 08:35 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Oh god it gets worse.

http://i.imgur.com/pCBMu.jpg

This doesn't even make sense.

I'm comparing this pic ( http://i.imgur.com/jeIQg.jpg ) which is my earth sigil equipped in a warfront with this pic ( http://i.imgur.com/BUvNN.jpg ) which has my pvp sigil equipped in a warfront and I somehow LOSE SPELLPOWER? HOW DOES THIS HAPPEN? These two pics are literally 14 seconds apart with exactly the same buffs.

My PvP sigil has more spellpower.

What the heck?
    Last edited by Valnak; 12-02-2012 at 08:38 PM.

Just seems like you somehow have an essence that the bolstering isn't 'noticing', and the whole set is being bolstered and one still has its normal stats working. Otherwise the rest and the screenshot comparing the two looks to check out.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Oh god it gets worse.

http://i.imgur.com/pCBMu.jpg
    Like, I am not spotting what is wrong with this.

Really just looks like you have a special rune the games bolstering isn't noticing. Should list exactly what earth runes you have. Do any happen to be from world events? Maybe those somehow slid under the radar.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Just seems like you somehow have an essence that the bolstering isn't 'noticing'.
    Perhaps someone mistakenly put the "bolstered essence " spellpower higher than the "not bolstered essence"?

Can someone with attackpower do a check for me?

Do any of your single earth essences have 16sp and 27 crit? Don't know otherwise really, no idea.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Just seems like you somehow have an essence that the bolstering isn't 'noticing', and the whole set is being bolstered and one still has its normal stats working. Otherwise the rest and the screenshot comparing the two looks to check out.

Like, I am not spotting what is wrong with this.

Really just looks like you have a special rune the games bolstering isn't noticing. Should list exactly what earth runes you have. Do any happen to be from world events? Maybe those somehow slid under the radar.
    Earth Sigil:
    Muddy Crystal
    Crackling Gem
    Sublime Coruscating Stalactite (world event essence)
    Guardian Crystal
    Crackling Crystal
    Muddy Gem

Sublime only has 14wis 20int 26spell crit. No spellpower.

My PvP sigil:

They're all prefaced by "Mercenary"
    Deathstone
    Lifestone
    Deepstone
    Brimstone
    Windstone
    Stalactite

By the way, check out the last resistance differences. I lose 3 everywhere by switching to my pvp sigil from my PvE sigil, but 23water because my PvE sigil is barnacle (+20 water) so I'm probably right about the vengeance difference being almost entirely given by my sigil (+50 purple conquest sigil).
    Last edited by Valnak; 12-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    Earth Sigil:
    Crackling Gem
    The correct link is this one:

http://rift.zam.com/en/item/ADABD36C.../Crackling-Gem

I LOL @ this Post

Quote Originally Posted by SoKoQQ View Post
    I LOL @ this Post
    You lol'd at me yesterday.

We met at the library, you looked straight at me I'm sure, and said; 'Legendaryheals loves you!'
    I blew you a kiss... and you giggled! It made me cry.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Are you switching sigils during the warfronts? I've noticed it gets kinda buggy if I do that. It seems to work better if I have the gear I intend to wear on already when I enter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast