+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By spaceboots
  • 1 Post By Jinkies79

Thread: Is this a glitch?

Shadowlander

Default Is this a glitch?

My defense stats such as block, parry, dodge are decreased when entered in war front.

for example if block rating is 1144 and when entered in war front block rating changes to 1074 from 1144.

Why is this happening? Is this because to prevent higher stat players or does it have something to do with pvp rank

normalization, your PvE parts are being replaced with the lowest tier of PvP gear

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by micshaz View Post
    normalization, your PvE parts are being replaced with the lowest tier of PvP gear
    so even tho I increase my stat using pve items, it's no use in pvp environment?

Quote Originally Posted by Need Rift View Post
    so even tho I increase my stat using pve items, it's no use in pvp environment?
    Yup but you get a free set of tier 1 pvp gear, and those us who chose to progress in pvp will get unnoticeable stat gains our self.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-02-2012 at 07:01 PM.

Soulwalker

Wait what? Then I can drop the 90% of the game out on the window? I bought it yesterday and only PvPed all day. I never do PvE, so everything I earn in PvP is pointless to have? (Like fame and stuff only good to buy some basic mounts and thats it?????) Ohh snap if I red this yesterday I never buy this game omg.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Yamael View Post
    Wait what? Then I can drop the 90% of the game out on the window? I bought it yesterday and only PvPed all day. I never do PvE, so everything I earn in PvP is pointless to have? (Like fame and stuff only good to buy some basic mounts and thats it?????) Ohh snap if I red this yesterday I never buy this game omg.
    Upgrade your pvp armor sets if you want increased pvp stats.
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Soulwalker

So items I buy from PvP goods vendors increase my stats? I'm only lvl 29 now and pretty newbie, found some lvl 25 PvP items at PvP vendors, but only like 2. I have around 13-15k fame to spend.
    Last edited by Yamael; 12-03-2012 at 06:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Yamael View Post
    So items I buy from PvP goods vendors increase my stats? I'm only lvl 29 now and pretty newbie, found some lvl 25 PvP items at PvP vendors, but only like 2. I have around 13-15k fame to spend.
    None of the matters till lvl 60.

What they're talking about here are lvl 60 warfronts where everyone gets bolstered to at least the first (Tier 1) PVP set.

The only way to increase those stats are T2 and T3 PVP sets. Anything else, even with higher stats, will get bolstered to the T1 PVP set in WFs.

Bolstering seems to have its bugs, but that's the gist of it.
    Argantes - P50 Warrior
    Crossreaper - P45 Rogue
    Darkraven P50 Mage
    Storm Inquisition, Icewatch.

Plane Touched

well ideally you want to get to Rank 50 pvp first, buy the mercenary armor set in tempest bay. Then you can replace mercenary pieces with higher set pieces. Not a lot of point nowadays in buying another below mercenary set, since your stats are bolstered if you pvp without pvp gear on anyway.
    Last edited by Jinkies79; 12-03-2012 at 06:41 AM.
    Jinkeez - R50 Cleric. HK (Conq) - PF 4/4. ID 8/8.

Quote Originally Posted by Cromyr View Post
    None of the matters till lvl 60.

What they're talking about here are lvl 60 warfronts where everyone gets bolstered to at least the first (Tier 1) PVP set.

The only way to increase those stats are T2 and T3 PVP sets. Anything else, even with higher stats, will get bolstered to the T1 PVP set in WFs.

Bolstering seems to have its bugs, but that's the gist of it.
    it does not work like that. if you replace any gear for a pvp merc item you will lose stats except valor. valor is always the same, no matter whats your gear (sigil excluded)

Crescende, Beauty of War - Rank 8 Warrior
    -Do not try to solo me-
    Current Shard: Icewatch

Soulwalker

Thanks guys, then I'm going to save fame for lvl 60 armors. Is there any up to date PvP gearing guide? Cause I find a lot of different guides with different informations. (Some says that there is 5tiers, some says 4 etc...)

Soulwalker

Default Save up

I have been told by friends to wait and with enough banked up fame you can get your full set when you hit 60. I just hate going into the BG's and getting stomped by players that are already geared (geared from 50's before). Since I hit 50 just before the expansion I didn't bother with any PvP gear. So basically I go squish until I hit 60 and gear up. Nature of a gear progression game. It's kind of why I really liked the PvP in Guild Wars since it was all skill based and there was no extra set of PvP gear to grind for. You'll get out of the game what you put into it. Have fun, that's the main thing

+ Reply to Thread