+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: P70 before having 2 peice of P60 Gear

Default P70 before having 2 peice of P60 Gear

The rate we can get freelancer marks is absurd. At this rate I'll be rank 80 with 3 peices of P60 gear...

That's sortof the point. Gating so the leet players like myself and you don't get so far ahead.

Someone said there will be pvp dailies that will award the marks in the future, in addition to the random wfs and weekly wfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Valnak View Post
    That's sortof the point. Gating so the leet players like myself and you don't get so far ahead.
    The difference in stats between merc and higher rank gear is so low there really is no getting far ahead.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    The difference in stats between merc and higher rank gear is so low there really is no getting far ahead.
    I'm simply pretending that doesn't exist and hope they fix it before I get there.

It's too much like GW2. Which is f2p and still not worth playing.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 12-02-2012 at 05:59 PM.

when you're p70 you get the ability to attain even more freelance marks faster - so it may not be such a bad thing afterall

just a pro tip - stack up your dailies to 7 before turning p70 and knock them all out in one day as soon as you are

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjoy View Post
    The rate we can get freelancer marks is absurd. At this rate I'll be rank 80 with 3 peices of P60 gear...
    and the sad news is that tier 3 pvp set increase the stats of lower pvp tier sets with just very few points ...

This is why I am taking the powerleveling down a notch. Am only rank 62, but at the slower rate I started going since r60 I don't want to dedicate myself to blowing through ranks too hard.

I like this system though in ways. Takes at least some minor dedication to obtain a full set. Makes favor more spendable all the way through on other items. Takes the pressure off ranking up asap and makes it feel more relaxing to work on other areas of my toon, like currency, faster mounts, synergy crystals etc. Kind of makes for a well rounded climb up.

I just wish the gear quality was improved on pvp gear to give merit to everything I just said, because the quality alone can undermine a huge chunk of the tone I just gave to this system.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Soulwalker

Default Noob?

I've heard they were eliminating the gear grind for PvP sets, then I heard they didn't take it out and we need to gear up. I haven't been playing a lot of PvP, just making certain to get my dailies done for the chests, but if there's no benefit from gear progression is it just to look cool at this point or how do the mechanics work for people with gear vs. those without?

Should I hold off on getting any gear until I'm ranked up?

And you wanna know whats even worse then the terrible stats on the gear!! Go inspect how all the mage gear looks!

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    The mitigation will be somewhat noticable as well as the bonus from the warlord synergy crystal 4pc set more than anything else

Boost healing a bit

Create bigger disparity between pvp armor sets/boost them up

Increase gear currency mark income by about 50%

don't get compounding effects of power get out of control. Ie progressive valor was a compound effect. You got more damage and more mitigation. HP values should stay relatively closer in progression between armor sets. Having a small HP pool and less damage is almost like progressive valor. So don't let upgraded sets give too much HP advantage but keep some more solid stat increases in. Really just take the top sets END levels and scale them down minimally and scale the rest down a little heavier after a global boost.

I can wish.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-03-2012 at 02:54 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

the sadest day of my life... bought the two pvp merc rings for 66k favour... and lost 32 AP 6 crit when equiping them for pvp....

Crescende, Beauty of War - Rank 8 Warrior
    -Do not try to solo me-
    Current Shard: Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Killhim View Post
    the sadest day of my life... bought the two pvp merc rings for 66k favour... and lost 32 AP 6 crit when equiping them for pvp....
    Hmm, do you mean lost those stats while *in a warfront* compared to your prior gear choice? In a WF you should have been getting normalized to those basic merc rings anyway. But I know on a global level lots of people lose basic stats by putting them on - replacing the gear they got questing up to 60 >.<

Also, even with gear this close, I guess the other aspects of character progression and effort will stand out.

People who put work into their PA
    People who rune all their gear properly
    People who use temps/consumables
    Good seal
    People who take time to get all the synergy crystals

All that coupled together with the small boosts between the 3 pvp sets, a top player in the warlord gear + other put in work, will still have quite an edge on newbies.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-03-2012 at 06:11 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Darkjoy View Post
    I am only r56 right now but it does concern me that this might be a problem just looking at how things are received. I will certainly be capped out on favor when I hit r60, but I will not be able to get anything.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast