+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: pvp how can trion make it better

Default pvp how can trion make it better

would be interested in hearing what people think

I think a place for Trion to start is beginning to care about the state of PvP...

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    I think a place for Trion to start is beginning to care about the state of PvP...
    why do you feel trion doesn't care about pvp

Quote Originally Posted by murabika View Post
    why do you feel trion doesn't care about pvp
    Are you being serious right now? I sadly can't tell.

Are you being serious right now? I sadly can't tell.
    i am being serious i know there are a lot of issues with pvp and as a pvper myself im trying to reach out to the pvp community and find ways to improve our content see what people like what people dont like there are trion staff that read the forums so if we are organized and bring legitimate ideas and complaints we may be able to help trion make our game better and more enjoyable and if i can get some really good ideas on a forum thread i ma sure there are ways to bring that thread to the direct attention of the devs

Return the generic stats of pvp gear to the similiar wordly quality they had compared to other gear like during the 50 era. That top set of gear isn't an overnight equip. It will take 3+ months. This is a progression MMO. I wish they would stop trying to cater to the fairness aspect, which FPS games ace with flying colors, and focus more on the core style of progression based MMOs. Meaningful progression. If I want to play a perfect square balanced game I do play FPS. I play progression MMO's, pvp or pve, for meaningful character progression. While our gear is still king in pure PvP, I feel the overall reward of progression is dampened. Give PvP gear a little bigger of gonads, globally and among its own sets.

Put more time and effort into unique weekend bonus scenarios. Codex, (now whitefall), Port Scion, KR and Library all run the same generic weekend mod. Maybe new rule sets don't have to be weekend only things? I think the gist has been gotten from this part. Create some innovative new rule sets to play under in the different warfronts. Also, for the sake of a pvp game, just give the kids a deathmatch. Have always said Port Scion bonus weekend would be a great place to test the waters for Rift deathmatch.

In tune to the gear - while it is nice we have gotten unique crystals to go after. It would be nice if there was some sort of variation of gear schemes among the pvp realm. I know Eq2 got pretty boring itemization wise when they started pushing towards set gear. Soon the left side became the only interesting side of itemization. We have gear and it works. But...there is pretty much just 1 path. Let people stack more towards different stat accumulations so that among just the pvp gear, there is choice and variety. That is another king aspect of progression based MMO's imo. Options and choices. Right now PvP gear is - this is what you will wear. This could become more interesting if done right.

I think Codex is noted as one of the more favorite WFs. You don't carry crystals, objectives are spread...and it just seems more dynamic than most WFs. If they can toss out CTF due to what seemed like popular disdain for it, then I think they should make a new map for the Codex ruleset. Playing the game of "codex" on a completely new, fresh, and well made map would be a lot of fun I think. I will also tie this into looking into cross modding maps with differnet rule sets. Zaros talks about this one a lot too. Separating the rule sets from being restricted to just maps. Ie. play the game of Black Garden, in Library. Play the game of KR, in Port Scion - etc. This would create more freshness and variety.

Catch PvP PA tree up. Every other tab has 2 trees. I can only hope when T3 trees come out, T2 PvP tree comes out. I will be pretty disheartened if they release T3 planar trees and PvP tree is still T1. This is not to say giving the planar trees is a PvE focus....because those trees make a difference in pvp too. But the PvP tree was the interesting thing it was. Would love to see PvP PA t2.

A few things I think of will probably be fulfilled when CQ comes out. More quality essence/engine itemization, pvp related means of obtaining ISS. If none of these things exist in the new CQ though, I will probably have a minor personal conflict with it. While I say in other threads nobody should be ahead of going into the world. That also doesn't mean I don't think ISS's being handed out in CQ, in light of PvP gear requiring them, is anything but a smart idea and good implementation for the game. It is a shame CQ is in the work shop though, lets hope they bring it out looking nice. They have said they are changing the map for sure and I think it's even been suggested the entire style might change a bit. So best we can do is speculate and wait. They got the message last time. And hopefully that is why they yanked the thing out entirely because, they couldn't just simply say before "ah, okay the extractor thing is whack, let us change the entire premise of CQ gameplay". If there was any time to do that, it was the expansion release. As more hit 60 though I am sure they are feeling the pressure to get it back out for us to use.

All I got for now. If I were to make honest PvP quality suggestions. Could think of more, but it's music and herb(al essences) time.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I Despise Codex, it's a glorified mass one on one with pugs - I always cry a little when i get it

And I loved Whitefall CTF. Can never please us all.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Hey, the only thing i hated about original whitefall was having to force a fight - for all intents and purposes, it was perfectly fine when people didn't turtle on both sides

They could make all of this weeping and rending of garments a bannable offense. That would be nice.
    Even free cost too much now

i like the idea of changing the rules for each of the maps that would deff change pvp up make it a lil more interesting

i like the idea of changing the rules for each of the maps that would deff change pvp up make it a lil more interesting
    Aye, it is a very FPSish request to me. I remember some maps you could play Deathmatch, Team deathmatch, CTF, and a slew of other mods in them all fluidly. And to boot sometimes the map was a regular map from the single player version of the game that had the bad guys and all around it if you were in SP mode. Very very versatile maps. Well made maps will adapt well.
    Last edited by Violacea; 12-02-2012 at 03:14 PM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

i am being serious i know there are a lot of issues with pvp and as a pvper myself im trying to reach out to the pvp community and find ways to improve our content see what people like what people dont like there are trion staff that read the forums so if we are organized and bring legitimate ideas and complaints we may be able to help trion make our game better and more enjoyable and if i can get some really good ideas on a forum thread i ma sure there are ways to bring that thread to the direct attention of the devs
    I respect what you are doing but people have been trying to get Trion's attention about Pvp for a long time. Nothing has happened yet. No that you should stop, i'm just saying don't get your hopes up that they will listen to you =/.

I have given up trying to beg Trion for content, they just don't care.

I have given up trying to beg Trion for content, they just don't care.
    Worst part about most of the tears are that people don't see how much Trion has listened to it's PvP community, you can't please an entire community, period. This community has become so whiny and obnoxious the forums aren't even worth reading anymore... joe ****ing shmoe logs in with his 3 page post about how to "fix pvp" and it's always underlying nerf x buff y. The beauty of this MMO market is that there are OTHER options for you to explore (and please do) I pre-ordered GW2 leveled to 80 in about 2 weeks and hated the PvP so much I haven't even logged in to the game since maybe 2 weeks after it launched.

Ask everyone that went to SWTOR and came crawling back or back to another MMO, rift has a very active dev team who constantly listens to it's community about how to make this game better, they just have to wade through all the ******** cry baby antics to get to the people who make unbiased requests or have unbiased opinions that don't appear to be written by a 3rd grader who got beat up by a 6th grader...

I think it's best to start with the things you didn't get from Trion, just look at the ****ing patch notes from launch to today, please find a large release without PvP changes, tweaks, adjustments etc..nearly everything you have asked for you have received....either **** and play the game YOU ASKED FOR or go play another game...if you paid for a year or two.....you're an idiot.
    it is not enough these days to question authority, you gotta speak with it too

Ascendant

I respect what you are doing but people have been trying to get Trion's attention about Pvp for a long time. Nothing has happened yet.
    That's not true at all, they tried plenty of failed things. Ancient Wardstones, PVP Rifts, Conquest, Faction buffs to entice world PVP . . . nothing can fix Rift's terrible PVP. Just play the PVE game and get your PVP elsewhere.
    Last edited by Sariina; 12-02-2012 at 04:05 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast